Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Always amazes me how people seem to think schedules, players etc stay the same every year and how season records of comparable.

Exactly. Blows my gd mind how ignorant people can be to that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Always amazes me how people seem to think schedules, players etc stay the same every year and how season records of comparable.

Its crazy right. Its like people dont see how players have regress. People act like they dont see how terrible Willie Smith is at life. How McFadden couldnt run through the right hole if Rihanna was standing through it?

There is a chance he ran through that hole Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Edit: what person with some money and swag hasnt?

NCough?

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the staff is doing their best to maximize the talent they have to work with on D. Same cant be said for the O, and Allen's the most responsible for that.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Seems like the staff is doing their best to maximize the talent they have to work with on D. Same cant be said for the O, and Allen's the most responsible for that.

Because he hired Knapp? I don't follow your logic.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
You don't take into account schedule (way more difficult this season)

Not sure it is. It looked like it back in July. Now, it's not that tough anymore.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

LISTEN to what the coaches are saying. I have YET to hear "Yeah, we can't have that" in reference to Palmer's play. (ie. Coughlin, Garrett, Reid) That's an indication that the FO and coaching staff don't think that Palmer's play is the problem. What's more realistic, that the FO & coaching staff all have the heads up Carson's butt as if Carson is some media darling? or is it more realistic that those who think Carson is problem 1b to the defense are probably off base?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnJwJADivs&feature=youtu.be&a

3:30

Allen isn't one to throw a player under the bus but what i'm hearing here is Palmer is, at least partly, responsible for the interceptions.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

LISTEN to what the coaches are saying. I have YET to hear "Yeah, we can't have that" in reference to Palmer's play. (ie. Coughlin, Garrett, Reid) That's an indication that the FO and coaching staff don't think that Palmer's play is the problem. What's more realistic, that the FO & coaching staff all have the heads up Carson's butt as if Carson is some media darling? or is it more realistic that those who think Carson is problem 1b to the defense are probably off base?

Allen isn't one to throw a player under the bus but what i'm hearing here is Palmer is, at least partly, responsible for the interceptions.

LOL. Seriously? That's what you got out of that? It's exactly what I'm talking about. He's acknowledging that every pass won't be perfect and Palmer wishes he could have a few errand balls back is about the weakest admonishment ever.

4:25 "For most part the passing game is in sync" is by FAR a stronger statement considering some would probably disagree. The passing game has come a long way. Obviously they are implementing more of the old playbook as the routes are far more vertical.

Consider how hard you musta worked on that to come up small. It's exactly the kind of bias I'm talking about. You don't like CP3 but u like TK? /boggle

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Its crazy right. Its like people dont see how players have regress. People act like they dont see how terrible Willie Smith is at life. How McFadden couldnt run through the right hole if Rihanna was standing through it?

There is a chance he ran through that hole Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Edit: what person with some money and swag hasnt?

NCough?

she isnt top heavy enough for me homie Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Who else is responsible for bringing him in? It's not Knapp's fault he's not qualified to be an OC, yet Allen hired him anyway. I don't care about the talent people think this team does or doesn't have. If you're trying to build a foundation, it starts with coaching continuity, and Allen hired arguably the worst OC in the league to run the O. This season was a failure before it even began, and that's all thanks to Dennis Allen.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
The Ugly: of all the coaching hires this past off-season, Dennis Allen has been the worst.

EDIT: HC hirings

Patch work O Line, Patch work LB's, Patch work CB's, Patch work back up RB's, Patch work TE's, no money to spend, no draft pick till the end of the 3rd round only because supplemental pick who else had to deal with this ?
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
The Ugly: of all the coaching hires this past off-season, Dennis Allen has been the worst.

EDIT: HC hirings

Patch work O Line, Patch work LB's, Patch work CB's, Patch work back up RB's, Patch work TE's, no money to spend, no draft pick till the end of the 3rd round only because supplemental pick who else had to deal with this ?

What does any of that have to do with hiring Greg Knapp?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

LOL. Seriously? That's what you got out of that? It's exactly what I'm talking about. He's acknowledging that every pass won't be perfect and Palmer wishes he could have a few errand balls back is about the weakest admonishment ever.

4:25 "For most part the passing game is in sync" is by FAR a stronger statement considering some would probably disagree. The passing game has come a long way. Obviously they are implementing more of the old playbook as the routes are far more vertical.

Consider how hard you musta worked on that to come up small. It's exactly the kind of bias I'm talking about. You don't like CP3 but u like TK? /boggle

"Need better decisions" is all i have to say.

Didn't work hard at all, just had to LISTEN to the press conference. I don't know how i'm not liking CP because i can criticize him when he does something wrong but whatever.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

"Need better decisions" is all i have to say.

Didn't work hard at all, just had to LISTEN to the press conference. I don't know how i'm not liking CP because i can criticize him when he does something wrong but whatever.

Yeah I read the ENTIRE transcript he basically praised Palmer the entire time. It's like LISTENING to politics. It's crazy how you got there from here.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good - Palmer Streater Myers Reece

Bad - run defense, pass blocking Palmers throw at 35-32. DMC injured again

Ugly - Willie Smith, missed tackles, lack of rotation at DT, run Offense again.

Bryants absence told on Kelly and Seymour no surprise that the majority of Martins yards came in the 2nd half.

Because we are so poor at CB we have to play our safeties deep to help them in coverage this leaves us short in run defense. By the time Martin is through our front 7 the safety has no chance. Martin had 197 yards before contact which is ridiculous.

We desperately need Bartell and/or Spencer back and move Huff back to FS.

Allen made a mistake not having Bilikuidi active. How many DB's did we have active on Sunday ? Snap counts for Ross, Adams, Francies would be interesting.
#clueless
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Who else is responsible for bringing him in? It's not Knapp's fault he's not qualified to be an OC, yet Allen hired him anyway. I don't care about the talent people think this team does or doesn't have. If you're trying to build a foundation, it starts with coaching continuity, and Allen hired arguably the worst OC in the league to run the O. This season was a failure before it even began, and that's all thanks to Dennis Allen.

Yes, because Allen and Knapp are responsible for blocking and opening run lanes.

They lost Ford to injury. Then Barnes (proving to be more valuable every day). The WRs are average at best. The TE position is thin with 'actual' talent.

Many of you can't get Hue Jackson out of your heads and he was by no means perfect. How many times did the team go flat in the second half on offense under Hue? Remember struggling to score in the red zone? Remember the blowout losses when the Offense couldn't get going all game.

It's the same issue. TALENT. They need help on the Oline (DEPTH). They need better WRs on the outside (they are using an URFA). Without talent , it's hard to execute the way you plan. Right now, Palmer is taking a beating, the WRs are not on the same page on occasion and the Oline can't open up holes in the run game. So blame Knapp and Allen because the talent (depth) is thin? YAWN! Get a new record to break.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: