Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Are you trying to lose your credibility?? It's hardly garbage time if we still have a chance to win.

I'm not so blind as to say that Palmer played brilliantly, he made some very bad mistakes and is certainly prone to throwing interceptions on occasion. However, these are facts.........Our RBs gained 20 yards combined. Tampa had over 250 yards. Our starting TE is Brandon Myers not Antonio Gates or Zach Miller. Our WRs are Moore, DHB and Streater not Branch, Biletnikoff and Timmy Brown. Our OL is porous and allows huge pressure. He took the team on his back and lead them back into the game whereby at least we had a chance to win.

He threw for 4 TDs and had one called back for holding i believe, he did throw a couple of very poor interceptions though one was probably a WR error. But that was desperation, throwing off the back foot with a guy in his face trying to make a play as no one, repeat NO ONE else was doing. What exactly do you expect of the guy??
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run defense was terrible. On two of Martins big runs we had a chance to tackle him for minimum gains and whiffed. McClain missed badly on the first one, Lee did it on the second one. Then down the field players fundamentals went out the window. Gio is an idiots and made a terrible decision on the first run when he shoot upfield. Branch had a chance as well but got brushed off. On the second one Lee whiffs badly and at least Gio plays a bit smarter and tries to contain him and but then whiffs of the tackle.

Third one was just brutal. Poor hussle by Shaughnessy and Seymour on the line in being slow and not closing the hole. Mitchell whiffs badly down the field, Lee being a complete clown decides to ignore tackling and instead goes to knock the ball out and instead takes out two of our players.

The decision making of our players is still terrible and it's something that will take a while to correct. Despite beating the mighty Jags and Chiefs this team still lacks a lot of talent.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more for the ugly - wtf was Allen thinking going for a fake punt on 4th and long, just a horrible idea. Of course some people blamed Knapp for that in the game thread. Laughing
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

Third one was just brutal. Poor hussle by Shaughnessy and Seymour on the line in being slow and not closing the hole. Mitchell whiffs badly down the field, Lee being a complete clown decides to ignore tackling and instead goes to knock the ball out and instead takes out two of our players.

I think Burris is caught overpursuing as well on that play. But the whole defense failed throughout the second half.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Lol'd. Easy to say it was garbage time after the game was over. Regardless if you think it was garbage time or not(protip: it wasn't), he was the only reason we were even anywhere near having an opportunity to win.

i knew this would be said. its cp's rally call. we cant get more that 10 points in the first half. i sware its like clockwork after a int the d gives up a td. the defense, as bad as its been has created turn overs (protip: extra chances for cp). the o continues to stall in the 3rd qtr. the d usually only gives up 1 td in the first half but sucks in the 3rd qtr.

btw whats going on at halftime? we always come out flat in the 3rd

agree about the branch helmet play. wth is he looking at? that coulda been a int and they got a td on that drive.

You were looking like a smarter poster when you weren't talking about Carson. Back to SilverSurfer's level I see.....

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
How is the beginning of the 4th quarter "Garbage Time?" Seriously dude we were down by 3 with 2:33 left and 2 Timeouts. The guy made a terrible throw but we were in it and the momentum was on our side.

B/c Pryor would've won the game for us......... by running around like a chicken w/ his head cut off 20 yards behind the LoS. At least NCOUGH would've been excited b/c that's all that matters.... him getting excited. Not our best chance to win LOL.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

2 words. prevent defense.

Two better words (and more accurate): You're clueless

They were not in prevent defense LOL. I can't believe the crap that comes out of your keyboard.

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Are you trying to lose your credibility??

He has some left???........ When did this happen?

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Lol'd. Easy to say it was garbage time after the game was over. Regardless if you think it was garbage time or not(protip: it wasn't), he was the only reason we were even anywhere near having an opportunity to win.

i knew this would be said. its cp's rally call. we cant get more that 10 points in the first half. i sware its like clockwork after a int the d gives up a td. the defense, as bad as its been has created turn overs (protip: extra chances for cp). the o continues to stall in the 3rd qtr. the d usually only gives up 1 td in the first half but sucks in the 3rd qtr.

agree about the branch helmet play. wth is he looking at? that coulda been a int and they got a td on that drive.

How is the beginning of the 4th quarter "Garbage Time?" Seriously dude we were down by 3 with 2:33 left and 2 Timeouts. The guy made a terrible throw but we were in it and the momentum was on our side.

i agree the momentum was on our side. we made the impossible happen. defense even got a major stop. then.......well you know the rest.

LOL

Before or after they gave up the goods like a $2 hoe?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick notes:

- McFadden's 3.43 ypc is 6th lowest in NFL since 1990. Pete Banaszak (3.2 in '76) is only Raider to avg less than McFadden's 3.3 ypc for season with 100+ runs

- Raiders run D went from 11th in avg (3.9) and per game (102.1) to 27th in avg (4.6) and 21st per game (124.1)

- Brandon Myers on pace for 78 catches which would be most for Raiders TE since Christensen had 95 in '86

- Palmer on pace to join Brees '08 and Rivers '10 as only QBs with 4500 yds passing for season and no 1000-yd receiver

- Raiders have been outscored 81-24 in 3rd quarter this season - worst in NFL
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

i agree the momentum was on our side. we made the impossible happen. defense even got a major stop. then.......well you know the rest.

LOL

Before or after they gave up the goods like a $2 hoe?

lol

after.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Are you trying to lose your credibility?? It's hardly garbage time if we still have a chance to win.

I'm not so blind as to say that Palmer played brilliantly, he made some very bad mistakes and is certainly prone to throwing interceptions on occasion. However, these are facts.........Our RBs gained 20 yards combined. Tampa had over 250 yards. Our starting TE is Brandon Myers not Antonio Gates or Zach Miller. Our WRs are Moore, DHB and Streater not Branch, Biletnikoff and Timmy Brown. Our OL is porous and allows huge pressure. He took the team on his back and lead them back into the game whereby at least we had a chance to win.

He threw for 4 TDs and had one called back for holding i believe, he did throw a couple of very poor interceptions though one was probably a WR error. But that was desperation, throwing off the back foot with a guy in his face trying to make a play as no one, repeat NO ONE else was doing. What exactly do you expect of the guy??

and our qb is cp not gannon.

why do we have to wait till the 4th when the game is almost good as over to turn it on? do i have to mention the amount of points we have scored in the 3rd. Im not just blaming cp im blaming the whole offense.

defense did good for the first half but we know they are spotty at best. we need to sustain drives to keep them off the field and rested.

off top fwiw im not saying tp could do better and its too late in the season for him to play so he doesnt even matter anymore.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Bucs are 31st vs the pass. We stopped running the ball too. They were still getting pressure on Palmer. That's not prevent they just stink vs the pass. Defense didn't get that stop, the crowd did. 2 straight delay of game flags. I'd be more displeased with the OLine if I were you.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

and our qb is cp not gannon.

why do we have to wait till the 4th when the game is almost good as over to turn it on? do i have to mention the amount of points we have scored in the 3rd. Im not just blaming cp im blaming the whole offense.

defense did good for the first half but we know they are spotty at best. we need to sustain drives to keep them off the field and rested.

off top fwiw im not saying tp could do better and its too late in the season for him to play so he doesnt even matter anymore.

Totally agree that we need to sustain drives and that if our O had got going in the first half it could have been a differnet game, but surely the major problem is running the ball? We got 20 total yards in the whole game. Now we know Tampa's D isn't good v the pass but when everyone knows exactly what you're going to do it makes it somewhat easier on the D, the line can just fly at the QB and the DBs know whats coming.

It just seems to me that whatever CP does you're going to bash him or discredit him....... I'm not a fan of Rolando McClain but i'm not so blind as to ignore when he does well. At least be humble enough to admit that whatever our O did in this game postive it was directly because of Palmer.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
good:
-cp in garbage time

Bucs are 31st vs the pass. We stopped running the ball too. They were still getting pressure on Palmer. That's not prevent they just stink vs the pass. Defense didn't get that stop, the crowd did. 2 straight delay of game flags. I'd be more displeased with the OLine if I were you.

iirc most of the pressure came from a 4 man rush in the 4th. bucs also have a +9 turn over ratio with 10 ints on the season before yesterday.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: