Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers on 60 Minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sandybaby716


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3645
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Of course they can be honest, but so can Rodgers. If someone was teased about being fat their entire life, worked out and got in great shape, but someone said "wow you weigh more than I thought you did" the first time they meet you, it doesn't matter if the person is in good shape. All you'll be thinking about are the jerks who called you fat when you were younger. That's what is happening here. The fan sounds like all the doubters who told Rodgers things like "eh you're not as tall as I'd like you to be."

Come on, this is an obvious one.


Being thought of as fat is deemed unacceptable by our society's standards.....It is often thought of as being a character flaw and some thing that can be helped.....Being short is something you really don't have any say in....So your argument really doesn't hold water....

Now playing the devil's advocate, I could say Rodgers probably wouldn't have had the same reaction, had the person been an attractive young female.....Let's face it, the guy who upset Rodgers is the type of person we all hated growing up.....The type who always, one way or another put their foot in their mouth......So, perhaps Rodgers reacted as much to his initial impression of this guy, as much as any thing.....


Coming out of high school he was 5'8 and wasn't recruited because of it. yeah, it bothers him in the same way.
_________________
wgbeethree wrote:
In all fairness it is kind of rude to just lay injured at their feet while the Lions defensive players are trying to hold a completely unrelated dance party.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Title Town USA


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 19386
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

Of course they can be honest, but so can Rodgers. If someone was teased about being fat their entire life, worked out and got in great shape, but someone said "wow you weigh more than I thought you did" the first time they meet you, it doesn't matter if the person is in good shape. All you'll be thinking about are the jerks who called you fat when you were younger. That's what is happening here. The fan sounds like all the doubters who told Rodgers things like "eh you're not as tall as I'd like you to be."

Come on, this is an obvious one.


Being thought of as fat is deemed unacceptable by our society's standards.....It is often thought of as being a character flaw and some thing that can be helped.....Being short is something you really don't have any say in....So your argument really doesn't hold water....



So it's more acceptable to make fun of, lets say, a 5'4" guy than a fat guy? The fact that he has no control over his appearance actually makes it worse. So your argument is actually kind of silly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G Harmon


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 1807
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Rodgers being "real" but cmon. He's a professional athlete. Take it in stride. You make millions of dollars, are one of the best QBs, ever imo and taller than the average man by 5 inches yet get sensitive over a slightly rude comment?

You'd think he just be mad chill about it.

What world does he live in where being 6'2 makes him fell short?
_________________

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 2989
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly while I have never said it out loud the first thing that popped into my head almost every time I've meet/seen a professional athelete was "Wow. I thought they'd be bigger." The one exception was Andrew Bogut. Seven footers are TALL. Professional atheletes are built up as "bigger than life" when in fact many of them aren't. It's not surprising to me at all that many people would have the same reaction as that fan did.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
40Year Pack Fan


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 710
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:

So it's more acceptable to make fun of, lets say, a 5'4" guy than a fat guy? The fact that he has no control over his appearance actually makes it worse. So your argument is actually kind of silly.



No, what is silly is people's inability to read and comprehend words which are placed in front of them.....IF you go back and reread what I said, you will see I stated a short person has no say in the height they were destined to be.....While a fat person is thought of as having character issues, otherwise they wouldn't be fat.....Why should a person be ostracized for something they clearly had no choice in?....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group