Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers on 60 Minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:
I think Aaron was a jerk acting like that about his height. Confused

I would say it was a rather non professional approach to handling the situation.....But to say he was a jerk, may be a bit harsh.....

I wanted to use the A word but it got removed. I think his reaction to the fan's remark was very childish to be honest. Confused 6'2" ain't short for crying out loud!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I would say it was a rather non professional approach to handling the situation.....But to say he was a jerk, may be a bit harsh.....

I wanted to use the A word but it got removed. I think his reaction to the fan's remark was very childish to be honest. Confused 6'2" ain't short for crying out loud!
So.... 6'2" isn't short but he shouldn't take offense to being called short?? IMO Aaron could have been a lot worse in that situation. All he said was "I don't appreciate that" it's not like he started swearing at him and told him to leave, he just told him how he felt. Man it's a no win for him when somebody tosses out an insult to him...

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
MathMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

So.... 6'2" isn't short but he shouldn't take offense to being called short?? IMO Aaron could have been a lot worse in that situation. All he said was "I don't appreciate that" it's not like he started swearing at him and told him to leave, he just told him how he felt. Man it's a no win for him when somebody tosses out an insult to him...

Exactly. He didnt flip on the guy, he was being honest. He didnt appreciate it. I dont think it was either unprofessional or being a jerk.

The fan was in the wrong. What kind of person says that to people? The first thing that came out of his mouth no less

Real time HoH contest at either 5 or 10 PM Wednesday
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Nonsense. All the guys said was Rodgers wasn't as tall as he thought he was. If Rodgers thought that was an insult it is Aaron who has issues. Look, I love Rodgers like the rest of you but if it was a QB from another team who responded like that to a fan I'm sure most of you would have thought that was unprofessional and childish big time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
All the guys said was Rodgers wasn't as tall as he thought he was.

And all Rodgers said was that he didn't appreciate that.

Athletes can't be honest, this is what happens. It's sad. The guy is a tool for saying that. I would be starstruck and probably just drool, no words would come out.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Nonsense. All the guys said was Rodgers wasn't as tall as he thought he was. If Rodgers thought that was an insult it is Aaron who has issues. Look, I love Rodgers like the rest of you but if it was a QB from another team who responded like that to a fan I'm sure most of you would have thought that was unprofessional and childish big time.
What? So if somebody meets you for the first time and they say "Wow, uhhh, you are way fatter than what I thought you would be." Or "I can't believe how old you actually look, I was expecting you to look way younger!" Like what kind of jackass says that??? Just because he is a pro athlete he should just laugh it off?? Dumb.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:

Athletes can't be honest, this is what happens. It's sad. The guy is a tool for saying that.

And fans of Rodgers can't be honest as well?.....I would say it wasn't just what Rodgers said, but how he bristled and turned away from the guy......

IF a person goes back and watches the interview, Rodgers clearly states he's not sensitive about his height.....But doesn't like being told he's a lot smaller than people thought.....Yet, he comes back in the interview and says the guy who made the statement was only 5'7"......One can clearly see the guy is almost as tall as Rodgers.....He was in a defensive position like some body who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.....So, I could see how one could interpret his demeanor as being some what childish.....

I'd say the one thing I really like is, Rodgers acts like somebody who feels he still has some thing to prove.....
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

He said "I don't appreciate that". How the hell is that unprofessional or childish? He still signed the guys gear/took picture with him/etc.

My, are you sensitive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

What? So if somebody meets you for the first time and they say "Wow, uhhh, you are way fatter than what I thought you would be." Or "I can't believe how old you actually look, I was expecting you to look way younger!" Like what kind of jackass says that??? Just because he is a pro athlete he should just laugh it off?? Dumb.

Bingo was his name-o.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Yea I felt it was just him being real and I respect that.

Right.

Cutler would've responded with "I know you are but what am I?". Or, "yeah, well you're ugly".

Doubt it... but it's nice to think so.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Pugger wrote:

He said "I don't appreciate that". How the hell is that unprofessional or childish? He still signed the guys gear/took picture with him/etc.

My, are you sensitive.

It wasn't what Rodgers said but how he said it. If the rest of you gentlemen think that was appropriate, fine. I guess I thought Rodgers was the one overly sensitive here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Athletes can't be honest, this is what happens. It's sad. The guy is a tool for saying that.

And fans of Rodgers can't be honest as well?.....I would say it wasn't just what Rodgers said, but how he bristled and turned away from the guy......

Of course they can be honest, but so can Rodgers. If someone was teased about being fat their entire life, worked out and got in great shape, but someone said "wow you weigh more than I thought you did" the first time they meet you, it doesn't matter if the person is in good shape. All you'll be thinking about are the jerks who called you fat when you were younger. That's what is happening here. The fan sounds like all the doubters who told Rodgers things like "eh you're not as tall as I'd like you to be."

Come on, this is an obvious one.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
MathMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was the type of personality to just laugh along with the fan and pretend like he wasn't offended, he may not have been the caliber of QB that he is in this current reality..

And he's not to blame for being offended. It was his natural response /Mia Wallace

Real time HoH contest at either 5 or 10 PM Wednesday
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:

Of course they can be honest, but so can Rodgers. If someone was teased about being fat their entire life, worked out and got in great shape, but someone said "wow you weigh more than I thought you did" the first time they meet you, it doesn't matter if the person is in good shape. All you'll be thinking about are the jerks who called you fat when you were younger. That's what is happening here. The fan sounds like all the doubters who told Rodgers things like "eh you're not as tall as I'd like you to be."

Come on, this is an obvious one.

Being thought of as fat is deemed unacceptable by our society's standards.....It is often thought of as being a character flaw and some thing that can be helped.....Being short is something you really don't have any say in....So your argument really doesn't hold water....

Now playing the devil's advocate, I could say Rodgers probably wouldn't have had the same reaction, had the person been an attractive young female.....Let's face it, the guy who upset Rodgers is the type of person we all hated growing up.....The type who always, one way or another put their foot in their mouth......So, perhaps Rodgers reacted as much to his initial impression of this guy, as much as any thing.....
DannyB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda have mixed feelings about that...bizarre...interaction.

On one hand, it probably wasn't the most "professional" way to handle things. Just brush it off with some canned, "always-nice-to-meet-a-fan" answer and move on. Kinda came off as overly sensitive himself.

On the other hand, it's kind of nice and refreshing to see some "realness" from a celebrity rather than the usual by the book stuff. I also thought his answer was hilarious in a super awkward, dry humor type of way. He also wasn't rude about it at all, but it probably took that fan aback, haha.

I'll also say, I don't think the fan was being a jerk or anything either. It might be kind of a dumb thing to say, but I don't think people mean anything by it when they say that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: