Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers on 60 Minutes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Can I watch this online or will it be rerun?
You can see the rerun here

http://youtu.be/_2rDgZWqvhY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134482n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
What kinda idiot meets Aaron Rodgers and the first thing he says is a subtle insult? "You're a lot smaller than I thought you'd be." Great way to make an impression on one of your favorite players.

No kidding. And Rodg made him look like an idiot on national TV. I bet he's getting ripped pretty good by his friends (if he has any).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
justo wrote:
Can I watch this online or will it be rerun?
You can see the rerun here

http://youtu.be/_2rDgZWqvhY

You've provided me with the wrong link...
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Great special. I wish they would focus more on different stuff other than the "chip on his shoulder" though.

It's as bad as "walk on mentality" in EVERY Matthews video. Seriously, I almost feel bad for the guy.

"So Clay, you walked on at USC. It's been said you have a walk on mentality."

"Now Clay, you didn't get to start right away. You had to walk on at USC. So you must have a walk on mentality."

"Clay, you're really a testament to hard work, since you had to walk on at USC. Was that walk on mentality a driving force in your success?"

EVERY. INTERVIEW.

R-E-L-A-X
justo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134482n&tag=contentBody;storyMediaBox

My man. Gracias. So awkward when the guy told Aaron he thought he was going to be taller.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
What kinda idiot meets Aaron Rodgers and the first thing he says is a subtle insult? "You're a lot smaller than I thought you'd be." Great way to make an impression on one of your favorite players.

No kidding. And Rodg made him look like an idiot on national TV. I bet he's getting ripped pretty good by his friends (if he has any).

some people may see that quick snippet & think ARod is a jerk for saying that to a fan... but honestly that's exactly what i want from all athletes... it was an honest response & not some cliche robotic answer like he has no emotion or something...

i hate that monotone attitude from athletes & appreciate that Rodgers is as honest as they get
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Great special. I wish they would focus more on different stuff other than the "chip on his shoulder" though. One of the things I love most about Rodgers is how normal he seems. He's not a larger than life superstar. He's your everyday guy who just happens to be one of the most amazing QBs of all-time. Always happy to watch some Rodgers coverage.

What kinda idiot meets Aaron Rodgers and the first thing he says is a subtle insult? "You're a lot smaller than I thought you'd be." Great way to make an impression on one of your favorite players. If I ever meet him, the first thing I'm gonna say is "Wow you're a lot taller than I expected."

"Your eyes are even MORE captivating in person."

I would think he'd get creeped out if that fan said that tho. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:

some people may see that quick snippet & think ARod is a jerk for saying that to a fan... but honestly that's exactly what i want from all athletes... it was an honest response & not some cliche robotic answer like he has no emotion or something...

i hate that monotone attitude from athletes & appreciate that Rodgers is as honest as they get
Yeah, he wasn't a jerk about it, if he wanted to be a jerk he would have made the guy leave and not sign his stuff. Instead he just told him how he felt, that he didn't like that. But how are those the first words out of your mouth to Aaron Rodgers? Who doesn't know how tall he is? What was he expecting, that Rodgers would be like 7-8 feet tall?

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
tabbaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the guy a break. Football players are built out to be the modern day gladiators. You think of big, strong, hard hitting machines. Now take the guy you look up to the most (hue hue hue) and you're going to build him up in your mind. I'm sure he was a little nervous and didn't actually think about the potential negative reaction with what he said.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
Give the guy a break. Football players are built out to be the modern day gladiators. You think of big, strong, hard hitting machines. Now take the guy you look up to the most (hue hue hue) and you're going to build him up in your mind. I'm sure he was a little nervous and didn't actually think about the potential negative reaction with what he said.
You were the guy that said it to him werent you? That was you picking on ole Rodge on 60 minutes... Do a quick 17 second google search and it will tell you he is 6'2.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
tabbaker wrote:
You were the guy that said it to him werent you? That was you picking on ole Rodge on 60 minutes... Do a quick 17 second google search and it will tell you he is 6'2.

In fairness to tabbaker, I once watched some members of the Detroit Lions do a local basketball benefit......And as a youth I too was surprised that they had far too much of the appearance of being human......They weren't larger than life like I had formulated in my mind.....I think it's typical to have some sort of let down.....Just my two cents....
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
tabbaker wrote:

In fairness to tabbaker, I once watched some members of the Detroit Lions do a local basketball benefit......And as a youth I too was surprised that they had far too much of the appearance of being human......They weren't larger than life like I had formulated in my mind.....I think it's typical to have some sort of let down.....Just my two cents....

Yea but that's as a kid...as an adult can you really still hold a "superhero" mentality about your favorite football players?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to meet wrestlers in person. When I was 16 or 17 I was 6'2 even and met WWE wrestler KANE. I felt tall at my school, but dude is every bit of 6'11 or 7' in person. A true monster. I have big hands, but shakin the guys hand I felt like a small child with an adult. An experience where expectations were terrifyingly exceeded. You can't appreciate the size until he towers over you. TV does him no justice.

R-E-L-A-X
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheeseheadinMA wrote:
40Year Pack Fan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
tabbaker wrote:

Yea but that's as a kid...as an adult can you really still hold a "superhero" mentality about your favorite football players?

Well, if it's Aaron Rodgers...

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: