Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Mock you can believe in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: A Mock you can believe in! Reply with quote

Coaching Changes:
Detroit Lions hire Special Teams coach Bobby April:
April is a veteran ST Coach. We could possibly looking at a new kicker, punter, and long snapper.

Detroit Lions hire defensive line coach Jim Washburn:
The Eagles are likely going to undergo a coaching shake up. Schwartz has a history with Washburn and the Eagles had success on the D-Line last year when using a wide 9.

The Detroit Lions franchise tag Cliff Avril:
The Lions hope that they can work out a long term deal this time around.

The Detroit Lions trade Cliff Avril and their 2nd round pick for the Jacksonville Jaguars 2nd, 3rd and 6th round picks:
The Lions realize that Avril is going to want more money than they believe Avril is worth. Jacksonville is able to acquire the outside pass rusher they have been looking for.

The Detroit Lions trade their 6th round pick for Eagles DE Jason Babin:
Babin is having somewhat of a down year for the Eagles but their entire front seems to be suffering for some reason. He is reunited with Washburn in Detroit and will now get to line up next to Suh. Adds $4 million

Approximately $17 million in cap

Retires:
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch. - Save 3 million.

Cuts:
WR Nate Burleson. - Save 3 million.
OG Stephan Peterman - Save 2.65 million
OC Dominic Raiola - saves 4 million

Restructure:
WR Calvin Johnson Save 3.5 million
QB Matthew Stafford Save 8 million

Approximately $41.15 million in cap

Resign:
LB Deandre Levy - 2year/4 million
I believe Levy has played well enough to warrant a contract extension. The salary cap would not be large as linebackers simply to not demand huge salaries.

S Louis Delmas - 1year/4 million
Louis Delmas is the leader of the defense. We play notably better when he is in the lineup. He has however only earned a one year extension.

CB Chris Houston - 3 year/18 million
Houston may be one of the most underrated players in the league. He may demand a larger contract.

DT Corey Williams - 1 year/1million
I would be very surprised if Corey Williams is not back next year. He is entering the point in his career where he will not be making much money and decided to stay in Detroit.

RB Joique Bell 2 year/3 million
LS Don Mulbach -1 year/840k.
OL Dylan Gandy - 1 year/840k.
DE Lawrence Jackson - 1 year/715k
WR Patrick Edwards - 1 year/480k
LB Ashlee Palmer - 1 year/615k
S Ricardo Silva 1 year/480k

Tender:
2nd round tender-DE Willie Young-1.927 million
Original round tender- LT Jason Fox- 1.26 million

Free Agents:
RG-Kraig Urbik 3 year/10 million
Urbik has been a fairly solid for the Bills offensive line and can play multiple positions.

S-Patrick Chung 3 year/12 million
The Lions resign Delmas but need some stable talent in the back end. Chung is a solid player who should add to stability.

DL Jason Jones 2 year/7 million
I think the Lions may lose out on Sammie Lee Hill. This is not so much a result of high pay demand but rather based on playing time. Jones has seemed to perform better coming off the bench and is reunited with Coach Washburn.

Approximately $8.65 million in cap

Draft
1-CB Joshua Banks
I think one of the top two cornerbacks will be available when the lions pick. It would seem like a no brainer unless a player free falls.

2 (Jags)-DE Alex Okafor
In this scenario, the Lions moved up in the 2nd when moving Avril. This allows us to find a pass rusher to help replace the loss of KVB and Avril.

3 (Jags)-S Robert Lester
The Lions bring back Delmas and bring in Chung. They still have to plan on the possibility that Delmas goes down. Lester does not put up a lot of numbers but that is because the rest of the Bama defense is so solid.

3-OL DJ Fluker
Fluker has taken a dive and provides great value midway through the 3rd. Reiff is likely to kick over to LT in the future and Fluker could be groomed to be the RT of the future. He also provides depth as he can play RG.

5- TE Brandon Ford
I would like to see us begin to bring in some developmental talent at the TE position. Ford would provide a vertical threat from that position.

7-K Caleb Sturgis
I think this depends entirely on Jason Hanson. I think if he would like to return we will bring him back.

UDFA P Ian Campbell

Depth Chart
QB-Stafford, Hill, Moore
RB-Leshoure, Bell, Best
TE-Grew, Scheffler, TE
WR-Johnson, Young, Browles, Thomas, Edwards
LT-Backus, Fox
LG-Sims
OC-Nagy, Gandy
RG-Urbik, Austin
RT-Reiff, Fluker

LE-Babin, Young
DT-Suh, Jones
DT-Williams, Fairley
RE- Okafor, Jackson, Lewis
OLB-Levy, Whitehead
MLB-Tulloch, Palmer
OLB-Lewis, Hogue
CB-Houston, Green
S-Delmas, Lester, Wendling
S-Chung, Silva
CB-Milliner, Bentley, Greenwood

K-Sturgis
P-Campbell

Last edited by Whiffleballtony on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed initial special teams neglect.

Last edited by Whiffleballtony on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
davisblack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the Avril trade. I would much rather keep our 2nd and loose their 3rd, which still seems like a fair trade to me.

I think some of the signings might be a little optimistic, but I like the draft. I think you mean Johnathan Banks, not Joshua though.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think some of the signings might be a little optimistic, but I like the draft. I think you mean Johnathan Banks, not Joshua though.

Which signings? Thank you, I will correct that mistake.
tytalton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of hoping we can get Vandenbosch as our DL coach somewhere down the line....
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tytalton wrote:
I'm kind of hoping we can get Vandenbosch as our DL coach somewhere down the line....

We could bring him in as an Asst. Dline coach as well. I certainly think having his fiery attitude around in some shape or form will be beneficial.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: