Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Playoff Picture
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: NFC Playoff Picture Reply with quote

Season is half over and it's time to start taking a look at playoff positioning.

Right now, your Detroit Lions sit at 4-4, good for the 8th seed in the NFC, behind Seattle and Minnesota (both 5-4) for that 6th seed.

We beat Seattle head to head, so if we tie, we get the tiebreak. If we beat Minnesota next week, we tie both in record and head to head tiebreak and it would move on to further tiebreak procedures.

Next week is a critical game to keep the Lions playoff hopes alive.

Interesting tidbit: All other divisions have at least two teams under .500. The NFC North is the ONLY division with every team .500 or higher. NFCN could send 3 teams to the postseason this year.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just loving the arrogance by Minny fans about next week. They already chaulking it up as a win.

Detroit totally outplayed them last game.

They scored ZERO offensive touchdowns.

The pts all came off of special teams returns.

I think Det can go in there and win that game

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
The Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin injured his ankle today so he may not be 100% for next week. The Vikes run D has been regressing over the past three weeks too, while the Lions are coming off a great rushing performance, albeit against the Jags.

Not to mention Ponder.

Minnesota might be fortunate to go 2-6 over the second half with the schedule they have, just hope one of the wins isn't against us.

Last edited by The Lurker on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lurker wrote:
Harvin injured his ankle today so he may not be 100% for next week. The Vikes run D has been regressing over the past three weeks too, while the Lions are coming off a great rushing performance, albeit against the Jags.

Not to mention Ponder.

Not to mention before all this Minny was hot Detroit was not and DEtroit still outplayed them.

Both teams can win this game. SHould be good

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can beat Minnesota but after that the schedule for us is pretty tough.

Green Bay
Houston
Indianapolis
Green Bay
Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago

If we end up making the playoffs we'll have definitely earned it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
I am just loving the arrogance by Minny fans about next week. They already chaulking it up as a win.

Detroit totally outplayed them last game.

They scored ZERO offensive touchdowns.

The pts all came off of special teams returns.

I think Det can go in there and win that game

It's really just the one guy. He totally refuses to acknowledge any realty from the earlier game and believes the Lions totally over achieved last year and have no talent.

The Vikings game was infuriating because it was special teams TD's that sunk the Lions. The Vikings barely had 200 yards of offence.

I'm really looking forward to the rematch next Sunday.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
I think we can beat Minnesota but after that the schedule for us is pretty tough.

Green Bay
Houston
Indianapolis
Green Bay
Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago

If we end up making the playoffs we'll have definitely earned it.

The schedule is tough now but things change and some of those teams may not look so great by the time the Lions face them.

The Lions have to beat good teams to be a good team and they will have to beat good teams whenever they achieve a playoff birth.

I also believe the quality of opposition makes a team better so if the Lions make the playoff's they will have proven their legitimacy.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NFC Playoff Picture Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:

Season is half over and it's time to start taking a look at playoff positioning.

Right now, your Detroit Lions sit at 4-4, good for the 8th seed in the NFC, behind Seattle and Minnesota (both 5-4) for that 6th seed.

We beat Seattle head to head, so if we tie, we get the tiebreak. If we beat Minnesota next week, we tie both in record and head to head tiebreak and it would move on to further tiebreak procedures.

Next week is a critical game to keep the Lions playoff hopes alive.

Interesting tidbit: All other divisions have at least two teams under .500. The NFC North is the ONLY division with every team .500 or higher. NFCN could send 3 teams to the postseason this year.

Dang. I totally came here to post that, and here you are.

Yeah, the Lions are right there. Arizona and Seattle are fading, the Eagles and the Cowboys spent all off-season getting themselves all overrated, and the Saints and the Panthers totally collapsed (although the Saints' collapse isn't all that much of a surprise).

That schedule is pretty brutal, though, as all 6 of those teams are potential playoff teams (I'm giving Arizona the benefit of the doubt here, though I personally thought they were playing way over their head earlier in the year).

Even if you give Detroit wins against Minnesota (50/50, being at Minny), Arizona (60/40), and Indy (60/40), that still only puts them at 7 wins. They have to take at least 3 out of those other 5 games against four of the best teams in the NFL in Green Bay (twice), Houston, Atlanta, and Chicago. I'm an optimistic guy, but saying the odds are stacked against them is probably putting it mildly.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the first quarter where we went 1-3, I predicted we'd finish the season .500 the rest of the way and end up winning 7 games. From the looks of our schedule, I'd say that still looks about right.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WK DATE OPPONENT
10 Sun, Nov 11 @ Minnesota W
11 Sun, Nov 18 vs Green Bay W
12 Thu, Nov 22 vs Houston L
13 Sun, Dec 2 vs Indianapolis W
14 Sun, Dec 9 @ Green Bay L
15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Arizona W
16 Sat, Dec 22 vs Atlanta L
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs Chicago W

I can see us getting to 9-7 with these wins. I also dont think Houston or Atlanta is "unbeatable", so if we lose one of the games I've given a "W", we could "sneak" a win from one of those games as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta is the biggest fraud team this year. Matt Ryan will not sustain this play. They are probably the third easiest team left in this schedule. And at home, I'm calling that one a win. Also think we split with all teams in the division, so that's four wins. Indy and Arizona should be wins. That's 6. I dont think we have a chance against Houston.

10-7
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
10-7

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Atlanta is the biggest fraud team this year. Matt Ryan will not sustain this play. They are probably the third easiest team left in this schedule. And at home, I'm calling that one a win. Also think we split with all teams in the division, so that's four wins. Indy and Arizona should be wins. That's 6. I dont think we have a chance against Houston.

10-7

I like the way you're thinking but the math isn't working for me Laughing

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We lose first round of the playoffs. 7th loss

Laughing
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

10-7

I think if GB can go into Houston and dominate them...we could have a chance in our home stadium.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: