Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

alfalcone Final Ravens Mock 4/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack wouldn't be a bad pick in the first round if he's available. I'd much rather they look for an OT and stick with Osemele at LG though.

I wouldn't want Hunt in the first round but he's a nice pick in the second round.

Arthur Brown won't last that late. I'm thinking early second round with a chance at the late first round. He would be a good pick anywhere the Ravens could get him in my opinion.

I'm not familiar with Toilolo. I don't think that's a position the team is going to address that early though. Both Pitta and Dickson will be back (no way they don't tender both of them). Bringing in a quality blocker is a need but not in the 4th round.

Just no on Mathieu. At 5'9 175 he's not a safety in the NFL no matter how good of a tackler he is. Does he play over any of Smith, Graham, or Browns? I highly doubt it. I'm not counting out Jackson either.

Simon seems kind of redundant too.

I don't know who Scott is.

Overall that wouldn't be a bad draft for the Ravens. I think it's unlikely any of the first three picks are on the board when Baltimore's on the clock though.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Switched Brown and Collins

1) Shariff Floyd - Floyd is a highly talented player who was quite disruptive against the run at Florida, and has the athleticism to develop some pass rushing skills. Absolute Ceiling - Justin Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiSY8TEzJV4

2) Arthur Brown - Brown is small, yet rangy and highly productive, the best player on a good K State defense. Would bring much needed sideline to sideline speed to the Ravens. - Absolute Ceiling - Darryl Washington
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUuGUNAIWYw

3) Jamie Collins - Collins is an athletic, speed linebacker who put up 10 sacks on a team that lost every game, Southern Miss. He could fill Kruger's role quite well assuming he leaves. Will play best on 2nd and 3rd down. Absolute Ceiling - Julian Peterson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgo4xXFTA84

4) Levine Toiolo - A big bodied tight end out of Stanford Toiolo is an excellent blocker, with deceptive speed and good hands. He could will Ed Dickson's role, and provide the run game a much needed boast. - Absolute Ceiling - 2010 Marcedes Lewis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNw8L9-45Co

4) Tyrann Mattieu - A luxury pick, Mattieu doesn't have a defined NFL position, but he makes plays, and loves to hit. Could make an excellent free safety / nickel corner. Took the year off, but was last seen as a Heisman finalist at LSU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk

5) Marquise Goodwin - Goodwin has true world class speed, as in he was in the Olympics in addition to playing receiver at Texas. He could be used in a role similar to Joesph Morgan on the Saints, 10 receptions for 250 yards. In addition, Goodwin has good wiggle, and could be used as a returner. Absolute ceiling - De'sean Jackson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nq9emo0hWs

5) Lonnie Pryor - Prior is an intriguing prospect because he has the skill set to be a very good running back, yet he was a fullback because of FSU's depth. He's got great speed, hands, running, and blocking ability, he could be drafted as either a running back, or a full back. I think he could make an excellent hybrid player in the Jacob Hester sense. Though given his size and speed, prior could develop into a top tier running back. Absolute Ceiling - Richie Anderson with blocking ability as a FB or Fred Taylor as a running back. (I couldn't think of a great running back comparison.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNyjdbdLOM

6) Cooper Taylor - Taylor is a safety at the University of Richmond, with freakish size and athleticism, but a heart defect. The Ravens can afford to take a flyer on a player with this kind of athleticism, and hope he develops. Absolute Ceiling - Kam Chancellor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3S8NeuLknM

6) Patrick Lewis - A center at Texas A&M Lewis was overlooked on a great line. He is well built, and plays low, and could compete with Gino for the starting center spot should Birk retire. Absolute Ceiling - Any top 5 center.

7) Roger Gaines - A lanky tackle out of TSU, I have no particular attachment to this pick, but he has good length.

Last edited by alfalcone on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:

5) Lonnie Pryor - Prior is an intriguing prospect because he has the skill set to be a very good running back, yet he was a fullback because of FSU's depth. He's got great speed, hands, running, and blocking ability, he could be drafted as either a running back, or a full back. I think he could make an excellent hybrid player in the Jacob Hester sense. Though given his size and speed, prior could develop into a top tier running back. Absolute Ceiling - Richie Anderson with blocking ability as a FB or Fred Taylor as a running back. (I couldn't think of a great running back comparison.)

Perhaps a better Greg Jones? Wouldn't mind him as our #3 RB/#2 FB and see if he could develop into something more.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Perhaps a better Greg Jones? Wouldn't mind him as our #3 RB/#2 FB and see if he could develop into something more.

Smaller but more explosive 6'0 230 4.4-4.5 - See the Northern Illinois Run at 1:05 or South Florida at 2:20
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
1) Shariff Floyd - Floyd is a highly talented player who was quite disruptive against the run at Florida, and has the athleticism to develop some pass rushing skills. Absolute Ceiling - Justin Smith
2) Jamie Collins - Collins is an athletic, speed linebacker who put up 10 sacks on a team that lost every game, Southern Miss. He could fill Kruger's role quite well assuming he leaves. Will play best on 2nd and 3rd down. Absolute Ceiling - Julian Peterson
3) Arthur Brown - Brown is small, yet rangy and highly productive, the best player on a good K State defense. Would bring much needed sideline to sideline speed to the Ravens. - Absolute Ceiling - Darryl Washington
4) Levine Toiolo - A big bodied tight end out of Stanford Toiolo is an excellent blocker, with deceptive speed and good hands. He could will Ed Dickson's role, and provide the run game a much needed boast. - Absolute Ceiling - 2010 Marcedes Lewis
4) Tyrann Mattieu - A luxury pick, Mattieu doesn't have a defined NFL position, but he makes plays, and loves to hit. Could make an excellent free safety / nickel corner. Took the year off, but was last seen as a Heisman finalist at LSU.
5) Marquise Goodwin - Goodwin has true world class speed, as in he was in the Olympics in addition to playing receiver at Texas. He could be used in a role similar to Joesph Morgan on the Saints, 10 receptions for 250 yards. In addition, Goodwin has good wiggle, and could be used as a returner. Absolute ceiling - De'sean Jackson.
6) Cooper Taylor - Taylor is a safety at the University of Richmond, with freakish size and athleticism, but a heart defect. The Ravens can afford to take a flyer on a player with this kind of athleticism, and hope he develops. Absolute Ceiling - Kam Chancellor
6) Patrick Lewis - A center at Texas A&M Lewis was overlooked on a great line. He is well built, and plays low, and could compete with Gino for the starting center spot should Birk retire. Absolute Ceiling - Any top 5 center.
7) Roger Gaines - A lanky tackle out of TCU, I have no particular attachment to this pick, but he has good length.

Floyd's stock is rising quite a bit -- doubt we sniff him at where we will be picking.

Arthur Brown won't fall that far.

No thank you to Mathieu. He's a gigantic character risk and really not worth it. He's not just a one time slip up kind of guy that the Ravens generally give 2nd chances to -- he's a repeated idiot. I guarantee he's not even on the draft board.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no way Brown falls to the 3rd round. He just might- when its all said and done- be the first ILB off the board. No way he falls anywhere below the mid 2nd. A similar spot to where Bobby Wagner went last year (another guy I was high on).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Yeah no way Brown falls to the 3rd round. He just might- when its all said and done- be the first ILB off the board. No way he falls anywhere below the mid 2nd. A similar spot to where Bobby Wagner went last year (another guy I was high on).

He's my number 4 linebacker behind Ogletree, Minter, and Te'o. I think his weight - 225 at the moment could cause him to drop, but I think Collins and Brown could be swapped without changing much of the draft.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

He's my number 4 linebacker behind Ogletree, Minter, and Te'o. I think his weight - 225 at the moment could cause him to drop, but I think Collins and Brown could be swapped without changing much of the draft.

He could definitely stand to put on some weight, but even getting to 235 would be fine. His weight now hasn't hindered him much, and with what he'd be asked to do in our system he shouldn't be too hindered by it.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Floyd but I question how big of an impact player he is. To me he just seems like a solid DE in the 3-4 or a solid DT in the 4-3. Kind of like what Redding was for the Ravens. Is that what you take in the first round? I don't know. Floyd does have upside but I'm iffy on him at the moment.

I'm not too familiar with Collins but from what I gather his stock is nowhere near that high right now. Switching him with Brown would make a lot more sense. With smaller LBs that have had success like Bobby Wagner, Mychal Kendricks, Lavonte David, Bruce Carter, Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, and Pat Angerer all being second round picks in recent drafts I don't think size will drop Brown much if at all.

I don't like the 4th and 5th round picks at all. They're all luxury picks with players that aren't really good enough to be considered luxuries. The exception might be Toiolo but I have a hard time seeing the Ravens not tendering Dickson and spending a quality pick on a position that isn't a need. Picking up a cheap veteran blocking TE would be the better move. An all-around guy would be nice but Pitta is definitely the starter going forward and there's only so much a team can do out of 2 TE sets. New England is an exception because they have 2 All Pro players as well as the best short/mid-range QB in the game.

My thoughts on Mattieu have already been stated. Goodwin is fast but he's pretty small and he wouldn't be returning kicks or punts over Jones anyways. Pryor is alright although I don't think it's favorable comparing him to Hester. Still a huge luxury pick though.

I'm not familiar with the last three picks.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

Marion Barber with the ability to play fullback is the best comparison I can think of.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Arthur Brown - MLB - Kansas State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-8PakrrQok

A rangy, highly productive linebacker, Brown is slightly undersized, but a tackling machine. He excels in coverage, and could be a three down linebacker from day one.

2) Jamie Collins - OLB Southern Mississippi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgo4xXFTA84

Collins, is still raw, and he struggles against the run, but he is strong in pass coverage, and is an excellent pass rusher. He should replace Paul Krugar.

3) Kenny Stills - WR - Oklahoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeRKAmCHts

Chronically underrated, Stills has good size, speed, and hands, he can step in as a number 2 / 3 receiver immediately.

4) Xavier Nixon - LT - Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6M8h0no4U

Nixon was a highly regarded recuirt who never fully panned out. He has the raw athleticism however to develop into a very good tackle.

4) Tyrann Mathieu - CB / S Louisana State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKCBCUS73Z8

I know this pick will be panned, but Mathieu is a turnover machine who plays much bigger than his size. He is well worth a fourth round pick.

5) Cooper Taylor - SS Richmond

Taylor is a Georgia Tech transfer with excellent size, smarts, and athleticism. He may require time to develop but his ceiling is also highest of any safety in the draft.

5) Lonnie Pryor - FB Florida State

An undersized fullback, Pryor is a willing blocker and an excellent runner. He possesses solid hands as well. Though smaller than the typical fullback, Pryor's athleticism will make him a stud.

6) Levine Toilolo - TE - Stanford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicP8Q_XzvM

Toilolo was been stuck on the Stanford depth chart. He excels as a blocker and as a big bodied receiver in the red zone. His speed leaves much to be desired though.

6) Mike Catapano - DE - Princeton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2KDQPONFg

The Ivy League defensive player of the year, Catapano could develop into a solid pass rusher and / or five technique.

7) Nick Moody - OLB - Florida State

A linebacker who was converted from safety. Moody has good size and blazing speed. He hits like a ton of bricks and could develop into a very solid middle linebacker.

7) Jasper Collins - WR - Mount Union

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoeLMG9RXEw

Collins is a receiver from Mount Union. He has good size and speed and could be a sleeper.

Camp Body / Undrafted Free Agent / Guy the Baltimore Sun Loves

Joey Ehrmann - OLB - Wake Forest

The son of the former Baltimore Colt, Ehrmann was a 3 year starter at Wake Forest. He is undersized 6'4 220 or so, but he plays with a motor that always runs hot, and has some developmental potential as a special teamer, and possible rush linebacker.

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.

Last edited by alfalcone on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've begun to think that the Ravens won't target an ILB in the first two rounds. Reason being that besides Ray, our ILB guys have always been later round guys. I think we see that trend continue. But if not, I like Arthur Brown, but I think there may be better value at #32.

I like Collins a lot.

Don't know a whole lot about Stills or Nixon, unfortunately.

Mathieu -- again, just no. He's not even a potential pick for the Ravens considering his history, and he's a gimmicky type of CB that needs to be in the right system. He's not a safety unless he's a pure center fielder but even then he won't be able to cover TEs in this league.

Like the other picks for quality depth.

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Arthur Brown but I think we could get better value at ILB in the 2nd/3rd round or so... I just have a feeling that the ILBs are going to fall some in this draft. But Brown is definitely not a bad pick at all.

Collins is cool, but considering the likelihood of us signing a FA pass rusher, I'm not a fan of spending a 2nd round pick on what will surely be a luxury pick at that point. I think there might be some receivers or safeties that would present better value at that pick.

I wouldn't mind Still because he brings a Derrick Mason type of skillset to the team... my only problem is that I think we have a similar skillset on the roster in David Reed. Obviously Reed hasn't shown anything to pass on a talented WR for, so I definitely get the Stills pick... especially with him being the nephew of former Ravens special team's ace Gary Stills.

Not a bad pick with Nixon.

Mathieu is not a Raven. He doesn't offer the qualities the Ravens brass looks into.

Pryor seems redundant with Leach on the roster. And with Rice/Pierce he isn't going to see many rushing opportunities.

Not too familiar with the other names. Toilolo I've read about but haven't seen him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my most recent mock, I had felt for awhile that Eifert could fall given lack of positional value and need, and Peter King's report today that Baltimore loves Eifert gives me the confidence to mock him here. In addition I think teams will be stupid enough to allow Allen to become a big time faller.

1) - Tyler Eifert - TE Notre Dame

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/tyler-eifert

2) - Keenan Allen WR California - (falls due to poor health / 40 time)

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/keenan-allen

3) - Jonathan Bostic MLB Florida

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jon-bostic

4) - Sanders Commings CB / S Georgia

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/sanders-commings

4) - Cornelius Washington OLB Georgia

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/cornelius-washington

5) - Luke Marquardt - OT - Azuza Pacific

5) - Lonnie Pryor - FB - Florida State

6) - Cooper Taylor - S Richmond

6) - Mike Catapano - DE Princeton

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/mike-catapano

6) - Mark Harrison - WR Rutgers

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/mark-harrison

7) - Patrick Lewis - C Texas A&M

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/patrick-lewis

7) - Greg Reid - CB - Valdosta State (Florida State)

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.

Last edited by alfalcone on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I haven't really paid much attention to TEs this year. But that said, I don't like selecting a TE in the first round. We have Dennis Pitta as our go-to threat. If the best player on the board is a TE, then I say trade down and accumulate value. I'm certainly not against selecting a TE, but not with our first pick. The earliest I'd be comfortable going that route is with a 3rd rounder. It just looks like Eifert is another Dennis Pitta clone. Similar size, athleticism, skill-set. I doubt Pitta is going to break the bank to retain. If we go TE, I like Kelce. He's a freaking bulldozer as a blocker. Played a TE/H-back kind of role with Cincy. He'd be a guy that could make Leach expendable as a full back (or just provide great depth in case of injury) as well as be a nice #2 TE option. Eifert isn't a blocker, I see too much redundancy with that pick.

I like Keenan Allen- if he falls that far. I doubt it, but it's certainly possible. It wouldn't necessarily shock me. But if he did, that'd be an excellent pick.

Not a fan of Bostic that high. I'd much rather use some of those later picks to trade up for someone like Sio Moore.

Not too familiar with Commings, so I'll abstain.

Cornelius Washington is an interesting prospect. He has a tremendous explosive ability to him. I'd be down for that selection.

I like Marquardt a lot. He's athletic, huge, and fluid... the only question mark is can he handle NFL strength IMO... and for a 5th round pick, if that's the only question mark... I say you've got a potential steal.

I don't see the value in taking a FB with Leach on the roster and us already looking like we've somewhat phased Leach out of the Caldwell offense more than under Cam. And it's not like we'd really need Pryor for his running back ability as we already have enough quality runners of the football.

Not familiar with Taylor or Catapano.

Mark Harrison is a nice potential pick. But I doubt he'd be able to clear waivers and get to the practice squad. I don't see any chance he makes the team with how deep that particular group is especially when you throw Allen on top of that. Best case scenario Harrison is IRed after a mystery injury.

Not familiar with Lewis or Reid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: