Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarterback Change???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
assuming the vikings finish with 5 or 6 wins i can't see how we can go wrong by drafting wilson

Wilson is not a generational talent like Luck or RGIII. He's not going to lift this team past its shortcomings. He'd have the same problems Ponder is having with the rest of the offense.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
For better or for worse the Vikings need to stick with Ponder this season. This season is not going anywhere and putting Joe Webb in does nothing for the future of this franchise.

It might do something. We can at least see what we have in joe webb.

I've already seen enough to know Joe Webb is not the future at QB for this team. He's got happier feet than Ponder.

Joe Webb is best right where he is. A change of pace QB that can come in and screw a defensive gameplan up. When teams get a chance to gameplan for Webb he looks just as bad as Ponder.

Maybe so but Ponder has had more games to at least try to be something. So doesn't Webb deserve this shot as well. I'm not saying he is the answer but at least we should give him a chance for a game or 2. Hell maybe ponder getting bench could be the best thing to happen to him.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
assuming the vikings finish with 5 or 6 wins i can't see how we can go wrong by drafting wilson

Drating a QB with 6 wins a few years ago really panned out...
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
ktarinze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

Wilson is not a generational talent like Luck or RGIII. He's not going to lift this team past its shortcomings. He'd have the same problems Ponder is having with the rest of the offense.

No he is not but he is better with decision making and managing a game already to me. He is still young but you can see an upside to him. Right now I only see Ponder as a backup QB.
Freakout

joru1000 wrote:

Wilson? Seriously?

Sorry but that would be the same as when we reached on Ponder.

Zephiel wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

Get that stupid picture out of your sig.

Tyler Wilson is a talented player having a decent senior season coming off of an amazing junior season. He's a good prospect worthy of a top 15 picks unlike Ponder.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth it IMO, when a player is drafted in the 6th round as a receiver he's not going to be successful as an NFL starter.

I'd personally rather let Ponder take his lumps, but I can see why others want to make a switch to Webb.
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 3 games
JAGS- 20-27 270 yds 0-0
COLTS- 27-35 245 yds 2-0
49ers-21-35 198 yds 2-0

Last 4 games
REDSKINS- 35-52 352 2-2
ARIZONA- 8-17 58 yds 1-2
BUCS- 19-35 251 yds 1-1
SEAHAWKS- 11-22 63 yds 0-1

Ponder has gotten worse as the season has gone on
this providence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to look at it objectively and not let my true feelings show of Ponder since day 1...

I think you have to let him play out the entire year. They need to know what they have going into next offseason and then make the decision. I don't want any excuses of they didn't see enough because they went a different direction at QB during the season. Who knows how the year will play out for him but at this point he's shown nothing that would warrant another year unchallenged.

With that said, it's hard to continue to roll with a QB who is holding back a passing game the way Ponder is, currently. No matter what QBs are behind him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

I can.

1) Wilson isn't a 1st round QB prospect (and really, there aren't any this year)

2) If we use a 1st or 2nd on a QB, we won't be able to use it on a MLB, OG, WR, or DT, which means all of those positions will still suck lessening the likelihood that a new QB will succeed.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:

Tyler Wilson is a talented player having a decent senior season coming off of an amazing junior season. He's a good prospect worthy of a top 15 picks unlike Ponder.

No. He's an early to mid 2nd round pick that will get massively overdrafted just like Ponder.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
joru1000 wrote:

I've been meaning to change it, actually, and I will.

I'm not saying he's untalented. I'm saying this isn't a no-brainer decision.

Wilson is a first round pick. All things considered though, do we really know what we have in Ponder? Regardless of what you think, do you think the coaching staff thinks this is all they'll get from him?

We know what he can do with limited talent around him, that's for sure.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget it
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most, play Ponder the rest of the year to see if he progresses. He doesn't have to rip it downfield, but at least go through your progressions and make throws other than dumping it off to AD and Harvin.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is a dreadful QB, I dont think there is much to argue against that opinion. His play has been disgusting for a good part of the past four weeks. However, this team is not in position to compete for the playoffs with this loss and switching QBs really isnt going to do much. You have to stick with Ponder, no matter how lame it has become to watch him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: