Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4359
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Or just have Davis play strongside, Beason weak, and Kuechly in the middle.


Noooo way.
There was a reason we had to move Davis from Sam to Will in the first place.(All those years ago)

Keek is a monster and really taking control of this D. While he won't be considered Droy because of his non flashy stats I think he playing the best among all the defensive rookies right meow.


Meow we're talking
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OneBadCat


Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beason stays. There's too much potential in a defense with Luke and Beason together that you can't just give up on it. It will be like having two Urlacher's, this how talented those two can be. And don't forget Thomas Davis and James Anderson.

I think Jon and Luke would rotate MLB honestly in certain schemes. Plus, they can find a way to get them both on the field at the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21010
Location: Waynesville, NC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Davis goes back to being what he was prior to the Beason injury this year, basically a big play guy on defense. He'll only come in when a statement needs to be made.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4155
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Beason redoes his deal like TD did would be great. Anderson is not that good really. Tackle numbers can be decieving.
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boston9089


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 2880
Location: Hartford
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Beason Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
What do we do with Beason and his massive contract? I love the guy but its clear Kuechly is the better MLB. Thomas Davis is playing lights out as well, I do not want him going to the bench once Beason is healthy. Beason isn't suited to play the SAM. Would we part ties with Beason?

Kuechly-Davis-Anderson are the best LB crew in the NFL now.

I also have to give big props to TD, he is playing amazing and is close to returning to that "All-Pro level he was playing at before the ACL tears. I love that man!


Didnt we originally draft Beason as OLB, the position he excelled at in ccollege which made him our first round draft choice?

johnydtarheel wrote:
If Beason redoes his deal like TD did would be great. Anderson is not that good really. Tackle numbers can be decieving.


Tackle numbers can be decieving (Landon Johnson...) But Anderson was our leader on the D last year. He does what needs to be done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 3941
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is as noticable as day that the defense improved massively since Luke went inside, so he clearly has to stay there.

As for Beason, it is hard to justify that contract with 2 straight seasons on the IR, and ineffective play when he was in.

I wouldn't mind him taking a TD type pay cut and staying, but other than that our money can be spent on other holes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21010
Location: Waynesville, NC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
It is as noticable as day that the defense improved massively since Luke went inside, so he clearly has to stay there.

As for Beason, it is hard to justify that contract with 2 straight seasons on the IR, and ineffective play when he was in.

I wouldn't mind him taking a TD type pay cut and staying, but other than that our money can be spent on other holes.


Let's be real though. Only one of those was a true season ending/career altering injury. The IR trip year was mainly to shut him down to allow a roster spot.

It's not uncommon for guys that have that type of injury to over work another part of their body, knee/hamstring in Beason's case, as a part of the rehab. Rather than have him risk serious injury while rehabbing and getting back to 100% they decided to shut him down as it was not necessary for him to complete this entire year with a nagging injury that would result in extended IR trips or force him out of the league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 3941
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
It is as noticable as day that the defense improved massively since Luke went inside, so he clearly has to stay there.

As for Beason, it is hard to justify that contract with 2 straight seasons on the IR, and ineffective play when he was in.

I wouldn't mind him taking a TD type pay cut and staying, but other than that our money can be spent on other holes.


Let's be real though. Only one of those was a true season ending/career altering injury. The IR trip year was mainly to shut him down to allow a roster spot.

It's not uncommon for guys that have that type of injury to over work another part of their body, knee/hamstring in Beason's case, as a part of the rehab. Rather than have him risk serious injury while rehabbing and getting back to 100% they decided to shut him down as it was not necessary for him to complete this entire year with a nagging injury that would result in extended IR trips or force him out of the league.


True, but still, you can't say he was worth his contract this year. I would definitely like to hold onto him, but if that money can be used to pull in a high quality FA, I would rather us do that. Especially because LB is a position of strength right now.

For example, if we could pull in Mike Wallace, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubletroublelv


Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 177
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems pretty obvious to me what's going to happen next year. I love beason to death, but I don't see him back next year when our new head coach is evaluating the team. Beason will probably be dealt to a 4-3 team looking for a MLB like demeco ryan. Beason isn't a slb, and didn't play very well as a weakside backer. He's really only a mlb. Kuechly is best at mlb, and damn good at that position. You have 2 mlb that both want to start on a 4-3 team. I'm tired of us playing people out of position so I think ultimately we'll deal beason. I do have a lot of respect for the man though, great guy and great leader.
_________________


Props to eggy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21010
Location: Waynesville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a new GM and probably a new coach next year, it's hard to believe that the Panthers will take a chance on Thomas Davis over Beason given Davis' injuries of the past. Beason's injuries are not career threatening, he just needed additional time to completely heal his body.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnydtarheel


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4155
Location: Charlotte NC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
With a new GM and probably a new coach next year, it's hard to believe that the Panthers will take a chance on Thomas Davis over Beason given Davis' injuries of the past. Beason's injuries are not career threatening, he just needed additional time to completely heal his body.


But TD contract is much better than Beason and they will be looking for cap room. Also if TD can hold up this season.
_________________

Thanks CK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21010
Location: Waynesville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
boondock wrote:
With a new GM and probably a new coach next year, it's hard to believe that the Panthers will take a chance on Thomas Davis over Beason given Davis' injuries of the past. Beason's injuries are not career threatening, he just needed additional time to completely heal his body.


But TD contract is much better than Beason and they will be looking for cap room. Also if TD can hold up this season.


Who said we can't renegotiate Beason to be a more friendly contract? Not to mention, he is guaranteed 25M over the contract. I think it's worth seeing if he can come back in order to not have to pay all that guaranteed money by cutting him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atown703


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 9652
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
boondock wrote:
With a new GM and probably a new coach next year, it's hard to believe that the Panthers will take a chance on Thomas Davis over Beason given Davis' injuries of the past. Beason's injuries are not career threatening, he just needed additional time to completely heal his body.


But TD contract is much better than Beason and they will be looking for cap room. Also if TD can hold up this season.


Who said we can't renegotiate Beason to be a more friendly contract? Not to mention, he is guaranteed 25M over the contract. I think it's worth seeing if he can come back in order to not have to pay all that guaranteed money by cutting him.
This man has the right set up mind! Beason is a great leader and a better team player. I have no doubt he will be willing to work with us
_________________

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21010
Location: Waynesville, NC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can probably renegotiate with him. If we release him, on top of being accountable for all the guaranteed money, teams would think he's damaged goods and might not go after him. Gives him incentive to stay on the team and maybe play for another big contract.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24285
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD, Beason, Anderson, and Kuechly will all be Panthers next year.
Kuechly will be a top 5 MLB soon.
Anderson will stay weakside.
Beason will restructure and he and TD will rotate with Beason starting.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group