Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shanahan gives up on 2012 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do some of you remember what your roster looked like before he got here. Vinny had the team filled with bad contracts and bad players. I think he gets one more year at least. Its playoffs or bust next year. I mean he lost a lot of players to injuries. Morgan and Hankerson is starting at wr and paulson is starting at tightend. The defense have a whole secondary that shouldnt be starting.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
mike is right. you need to tank the season to get a good second rounder.
good plan.

You would like that as a Rams fan. Cause that means that you get a better 1st rounder from us. haha.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Do some of you remember what your roster looked like before he got here. Vinny had the team filled with bad contracts and bad players. I think he gets one more year at least. Its playoffs or bust next year. I mean he lost a lot of players to injuries. Morgan and Hankerson is starting at wr and paulson is starting at tightend. The defense have a whole secondary that shouldnt be starting.

Do you and other's remember the wasted young talent he traded away in acquring Mcnabb and Brown (who for sure are bust) You remember him changing this the D to 3-4 without the correct player's or coach in place to lead the D. Don't forget him bringing in Rg3 and using him more damn RB who can throw the ball outside of regular NFL QB. Vick or Newton have never ran the Pistol/Option formation as much as we run it. Even with teams catching on to our predictable offense he's to dumb to throw in a regular offense for us to run instead of all this gimic stuff. The only thing he has done was shown Snyder you can't by a championship (and who's to say It wasn't Bruce Allen who really did that) got us our Franchise QB, and kept or run game consistent to a degree. Other than those 3 things Shananhan is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!! If we have a chance to grab Sean Payton it would be dumb not toooooooooooo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Do you and other's remember the wasted young talent he traded away in acquring Mcnabb and Brown (who for sure are bust) You remember him changing this the D to 3-4 without the correct player's or coach in place to lead the D. Don't forget him bringing in Rg3 and using him more damn RB who can throw the ball outside of regular NFL QB. Vick or Newton have never ran the Pistol/Option formation as much as we run it. Even with teams catching on to our predictable offense he's to dumb to throw in a regular offense for us to run instead of all this gimic stuff. The only thing he has done was shown Snyder you can't by a championship (and who's to say It wasn't Bruce Allen who really did that) got us our Franchise QB, and kept or run game consistent to a degree. Other than those 3 things Shananhan is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!! If we have a chance to grab Sean Payton it would be dumb not toooooooooooo.

Sean Payton will most likely be the HC in Dallas after this year. I don't see Garrett sticking around with their record and their expectations. Payton lives in Dallas and would take that position in a heartbeat.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Sean Payton will most likely be the HC in Dallas after this year. I don't see Garrett sticking around with their record and their expectations. Payton lives in Dallas and would take that position in a heartbeat.

Things may point in the direction of him going to Dallas but nothing is final until he signs a contract (wherever he goes) Rg3 vs Tony Romo I'm taking Rg3 all day any day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

your hate for Mike is all over this post. So you say all the negative stuff in Mike but some how the one positive thing maybe Bruce Allen was the reason. Was Bruce Allen no in the room when they got McNabb and Brown. Is Bruce not the gm of the team. He does run the pistol to much I cant argue that. The 3-4 is a good change. People want to keep going on and on about how the defense was better as a 4-3. You had better personal. But guess what personal gets old, they ask for more money, it wasnt like you had a good young 4-3 defense. It wasnt. He needs to cut ties with Haslett and get at least one more year.

Shanny and Bruce as a whole messed up when they first came in cause they thought the team was closer than they actually was and made some win now moves. It blew up and they started the rebuild process.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

your hate for Mike is all over this post. So you say all the negative stuff in Mike but some how the one positive thing maybe Bruce Allen was the reason. Was Bruce Allen no in the room when they got McNabb and Brown. Is Bruce not the gm of the team. He does run the pistol to much I cant argue that. The 3-4 is a good change. People want to keep going on and on about how the defense was better as a 4-3. You had better personal. But guess what personal gets old, they ask for more money, it wasnt like you had a good young 4-3 defense. It wasnt. He needs to cut ties with Haslett and get at least one more year.

Shanny and Bruce as a whole messed up when they first came in cause they thought the team was closer than they actually was and made some win now moves. It blew up and they started the rebuild process.

IMO Shanny picks the player's Bruce deals with the contracts. So only thing Bruce can take blame for is anything dealing with a contract meaning if we signed a guy for too much or wasn't willing to pay someone the rite amount. Plz stop talking this 3-4 talk, the proof is in the pudding IT's NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

IMO Shanny picks the player's Bruce deals with the contracts. So only thing Bruce can take blame for is anything dealing with a contract meaning if we signed a guy for too much or wasn't willing to pay someone the rite amount. Plz stop talking this 3-4 talk, the proof is in the pudding IT's NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scheme means crap if your players suck. Your starting secondary wouldnt start for 28 other teams. Hall is the only one who would get a starting job some where else. Fletcher is old. Best linebacker hurt which inturn has limited the other great backer you have. I mean do you just want to blame the coaches or are you really not seeing the lack of talent on that side of the ball.
But But Mikes pick the players he should had better depth. I mean how much depth can you expect with how much roster change over it has been. How much do you expect in 2 real offseasons. It takes time.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Scheme means crap if your players suck. Your starting secondary wouldnt start for 28 other teams. Hall is the only one who would get a starting job some where else. Fletcher is old. Best linebacker hurt which inturn has limited the other great backer you have. I mean do you just want to blame the coaches or are you really not seeing the lack of talent on that side of the ball.
But But Mikes pick the players he should had better depth. I mean how much depth can you expect with how much roster change over it has been. How much do you expect in 2 real offseasons. It takes time.

Shanny picks the player's and scheme so whatz your point? Shanny picked a scheme that dosen't even benefit our best player's. Orakpo and Kerrigan would great pass rusher's in the 4-3 while Cofield, Jenkins, and Bowen could clog the line of scrimmage stopping the run and forcing pressure up the middle. With that being said the secondary wouldn't be tested as much as it does. Now let's focus on the offense. You get your QB and play him as though he is still in college with this Pistol/Option formation 90% of the game (Tebow even had more freedom in Denver) you pick a OL in ther 3rd round who has yet to see the field (and seems to be a for sure bust) Like really Shanny has lost his touch. Not to mention we are missing two young player's at the dispense of trading for older bust in Mcnabb and Brown.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are these:

1.) Let Mike play out his 5 year contract. We are mid-way through it. We now have an electrifying player at the most important position. We have some good/great players at a few others. One more FA and draft and we should be on the way towards where we want to be (in RG3's 2nd or 3rd season so this is still good). You cannot be successful long-term if you're changing head coaches as quickly as you change socks. Each coach comes in and changes things to suit them and how they know to be successful. When you are constantly changing things up every two years, this cannot help your team.

1a.) Not really sure what to do with Kyle. His playcalling is abysmal at times. But then again, all OC's have some times where their playcalling sucks. Our guys are not executing properly. They are getting beat on their 1 on 1 matchups routinely. This is on the calibre of player but also on coaches.

2.) Haslett needs to be fired. I don't care if its now or the offseason, But his name should not appear on the Redskins program next season except to say he is an ex-Defensive Coordinator.

3.) We never should have switched from the 4-3. We had a top 10 defense in the 4-3 and our switch to the 3-4 cost us two good players and has Orakpo and Kerrigan playing out of their natural positions. They have adapted and done well, but its not the same as leaving them as DE's and getting a true LB. I'm also not going to forget those who pounded the drum on this forum for a switch to the 3-4 (I have a long memory).

4.) That said (#3), we are now committed to the 3-4 and have made personnel acquisition for the past two years with this in mind. So 3-4 it is. So given #2 (Haslett needs to go), why have we not contacted Dom Capers or Eric Mangini yet????

5.) Danny Smith also needs to go as our ST coach. Too many problems with the ST's under him for me to respect him as a coach. As a footnote, this should also be Brandon Banks' last year in a Redskins uni.

6.) The rest of the coaching staff should also be evaluated. I believe we lead the league in penalties. Couple that with Morgan throwing the football at Finnegan and Hall getting ejected (both of which had no ramifications in terms of punishment) and it shows that our coaches are not getting disciplined play from their players. The whole purpose of the coaching staff is to scheme, teach, direct their players. Otherwise the players will just do what they bloody well want to do. Which it appears is exactly what they are doing now.

7.) Finally, its not just the front office that shares any blame (or success) in the players on the team not doing well. Its also on the coaches who also have an input into who to acquire/draft as well as who stays on the final 53 man roster at the end of TC. To ignore the role of the coaching staff in player personnel is short-sighted.

So...to sum up.

Keep Mike two more years.
Evaluate the rest of the coaches (including Kyle)
Fire Haslett (Hire Capers or Mangini)
Fire Smith

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Shanny picks the player's and scheme so whatz your point? Shanny picked a scheme that dosen't even benefit our best player's. Orakpo and Kerrigan would great pass rusher's in the 4-3 while Cofield, Jenkins, and Bowen could clog the line of scrimmage stopping the run and forcing pressure up the middle. With that being said the secondary wouldn't be tested as much as it does. Now let's focus on the offense. You get your QB and play him as though he is still in college with this Pistol/Option formation 90% of the game (Tebow even had more freedom in Denver) you pick a OL in ther 3rd round who has yet to see the field (and seems to be a for sure bust) Like really Shanny has lost his touch. Not to mention we are missing two young player's at the dispense of trading for older bust in Mcnabb and Brown.

He lost his touch but Alfred Morris is one of the best rbs in the league right now. You have seen way more of the Pistol cause Morgan a starting receiver and Paulson is your starting tight end.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

He lost his touch but Alfred Morris is one of the best rbs in the league right now. You have seen way more of the Pistol cause Morgan a starting receiver and Paulson is your starting tight end.

Thatz the only thing he seems not to have lost touch on, finding good late round RB's. Now can you name anything else?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Thatz the only thing he seems not to have lost touch on, finding good late round RB's. Now can you name anything else?
Ya. Read all my posts that you continue to ignore.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Take a look at this

chrome://newtabhttp//espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8596009&categoryid=2378529

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Take a look at this

chrome://newtabhttp//espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8596009&categoryid=2378529
Its like talking to a brick wall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: