Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shanahan gives up on 2012 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm disappointed that someone would say that, just because Mike said he wanted to evaluate players for next year. He's always evaluating players for next year at this point of year. He should be, you have to know who wants it! Who wants to be here next year?

He always challenged the entire team that its put up or shut up time. It doesn't mean he's throwing in the towel though because we will be evaluating players.

Falcons, Ravens and Steelers all had better teams. They had been built for years and had solid players and foundation in place when they drafted their rookie qbs. We had to totally rebuild the organization and get new players because of the Vinny Cerrato failed experiment. In 2010 we had an uncapped year with little unrestricted free agents to pick from. 2011 we had a lockout where our new players weren't on our team but a month before the season and we had a lot of change over in 2011. 2012 we had the cap penalty, a few bad draft picks and didn't use the $ we had wisely in FA.

I understand why we probably won't go to the playoffs this year. I think any rational person would have thought we weren't likely to make it before the season and can understand why that prediction is probably going to be true.

Good points, and your prediction on our record before the season looks right on point.
And yes it is time to start evaluating players to see who will be on the team next year, because we CLEARLY do not have the depth that it appeared we had at the start of the year... AND many of our starters are backup-quality players unfortunately
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
RGIII is better than Rex or McNabb... so no, the rookie QB thing doesn't fly. The team should be better. We've lost DESPITE RG3's heroics a lot of the time. Don't put this on "rookie QB"

Thank you, finally someone else see's this the same as I do.
I'm not trying to say we are losing because of having a rookie QB, my point is that going into a season with a rookie QB the expectations should have been that this was a continuation of the rebuilding process.

Coming into the season my expectations where the D was gonna play if not better at least the same as they did last season and with a better QB we would be a better team. I expected to see Rg3 in regular style formations as other QB's and him being used as QB. Not him in the stupid [inappropriate/removed] Pistol/Option formation play after play. Rg3 is talented enough to run the same offense as Grossman did last year. How about we incorporate some of that offense and stop all this gemic bs. Rg3 ability to run should be used second hand (meaning he should use it to avoid pressure and time to time when plays break down) We also IMO get away from the run game too early in games witch then gives the D the advantage to concentrate on the pass more. I'm disappointed in what I've seen because I thought we were better than this. Last year it seemed we needed a QB to get over the hump and now that we have one this year It just seems they really don't fully no what to do with him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Yeah the D was going to be as good as last year with Madieu Williams and Doughty as our best two healthy safeties and then Carriker and Orakpo go out and we have an expectation that our D is going to be better than last year?? Rolling Eyes

Sorry, but lets get realistic 21atw.

Expectations should have been tapered when the injuries and suspension hit.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DarrellGreen28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think that Shanny has to go. I've been one of his biggest supporters so far but this level of production is inexcusable. Look at the Colts. After having the #1 pick, they turned their team around. Not just their QB, that whole team changed. The Niners did it. Colts are doing it. In today's NFL, it should not take 5 years to get a winning record. We were 8-8 in 2008 so it is not like it is impossible.

What I would do is clear the coaching staff and bring people that will allow Griffin to actually develop as a passer. A new DC for sure. My dream would be to go back to the 4-3. Not happening now but it would be great since we have the pieces on the DL. I've lost faith in Shanahan this year. I expected at least 7 wins and it looks like 5 will be pushing our luck.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Haha. Yeah the D was going to be as good as last year with Madieu Williams and Doughty as our best two healthy safeties and then Carriker and Orakpo go out and we have an expectation that our D is going to be better than last year?? Rolling Eyes

You seem to touch on my statement about the D, but had nothing to say about my statement as far as the offfence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
RGIII is better than Rex or McNabb... so no, the rookie QB thing doesn't fly. The team should be better. We've lost DESPITE RG3's heroics a lot of the time. Don't put this on "rookie QB"

Thank you, finally someone else see's this the same as I do.

I'm not on the fire Shanahan band wagon but yeah RGIII is not the reason the team is losing. He's been the only bright spot all year.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You seem to touch on my statement about the D, but had nothing to say about my statement as far as the offfence.
sorry buddy. I agree with your offensive points. I should have said I agreed with those in my post. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrellGreen28 wrote:
I honestly think that Shanny has to go. I've been one of his biggest supporters so far but this level of production is inexcusable. Look at the Colts. After having the #1 pick, they turned their team around. Not just their QB, that whole team changed. The Niners did it. Colts are doing it. In today's NFL, it should not take 5 years to get a winning record. We were 8-8 in 2008 so it is not like it is impossible.
we were 8-8 in 08 with one of the oldest teams in the nfl. We needed a total overhaul. Those other teams didn't really need it. Those teams also play in easier divisions than we do.

Quote:
What I would do is clear the coaching staff and bring people that will allow Griffin to actually develop as a passer. A new DC for sure. My dream would be to go back to the 4-3. Not happening now but it would be great since we have the pieces on the DL. I've lost faith in Shanahan this year. I expected at least 7 wins and it looks like 5 will be pushing our luck.
we should have beat the rams, almost beat the giants but for a play or two, same with the bengals, if our Wrs catch the passes in their hands we are right there with the steelers at the end of the game. All of this without our best wr, best TE the past two weeks, 2 of our best 5 defenders and best safety.

We are headed in the right direction after our franchise being totally rebuilt.

I never expected a near playoff year even if we are we're 100% healthy all year. Too many new and young players, the first real offseason our coaching staff has had with this team since they were hired! Then looking at our secondary, I thought they'd be about like last year if healthy but, they haven't been healthy.

I thought 6-10, 7-9 at best all along.

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is beat to all hell. With some of the better starters injured.
Its only evaluation time in the sense that guys had better start fighting like mad to tryin and make sure they have a job in the future.
Thats not throwing in a towel. Thats a call to step it up a notch.
Cause they have been looking like complete crap last couple weeks.

Freakin 4 man front owning the OL all day so 7 can linger on back in coverage is garbage.
Easy to see who is playing hard, and who doesnt play worth a damn. The holes are obvious. And guys will be replaced with better.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
we should have beat the rams,

what?
you mean the game the replacement refs stole us two touchdowns?
yeah, the rams were the better team that day.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

what?

Hey Rrrrrrams, i have a good question for you. umm hmm what are you doing here??!! like no disrespect but Im extremely annoyed that you decided to come here and agree that we should tank the season unlike me and Billy I don't believe in giving up and throwing in the towel after week nine and start talking about changes??!! Also just seen you here talking "Yeah its a good ideal that mike and the redskins should tank the seasons" when you guys are keeping track of Skins records hoping we lose every game so you can take our 1rd pick traded to get more picks. Then thank us in the process for helping your franchise getting better and insulting us sarcastily??!! Im not buying " well our team is the same or Jeff and Mike are good friends or we both have franchise QB who need some breakthrough. It makes me sick to my stomach to see some of my good friends that skins fans believing this crap from mike and than you come along with your agreements and even though turtle should've even brought up the fact that we lost to the Rams because now here you are reminding us who are the better team and its the rams??!! last time I've check the Rams are also on the losing end of the stick also buddy.

So you and your Rams boys and girls keep wishing bad luck and happy joy joy luck to Robert Griffin III, because even this year may not be expect what it should've been and all of you Redskins fans should be tired at the organization for this crap they been feeding us for almost 20yrs. Robert doesn't deserve this, and most of all us fans doesn' t deserves this ridiculious mess from Jim Hasbeen or Mike and Kyle Gonnys or even Bruce Almighty Allen. So for any Rams fans who wants to come.here and disrespect redskins and us fans please come and keep on insulting us all you want...

Just remember what goes around comes around 3times fold >:0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Shanahan gives up on 2012 season Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan throwing the towel on 2012 season. Said that the rest of the 2012 season would become an evaluation for next year

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/265221200152772608

He's on his 3rd year, they shouldn't still be in re-building mode no matter the circumstances.
They have a rookie QB...
Doesnt take you three years to do that.

YES FIRE SHANNYplease who saids that ? that shows he doesnt care any more with that statement im sure Danny boy is thinking about firing him who would want that attitude in the organization.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
IDK the whole story but that statement seems like it was taken out of context...
We both know it means he gives us .....when you say " We are evulating players for next year " they are already looking off-season ......dont BS here Mikes given up and even if he didnt we shown we dont play with passion at all on the team we are 3-6.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

This is mikes fault per Washingtonpost JIM HASS didnt even wanna do the
3-4 he wanted to do 4-3 and Shanny forced him I am no way saying I like Jim i still want him fire but this is all in shanny and ego gotten in the way. We are better off firing shanny getting a GM and get a hand picked coach let the GM do everything not the coach , Shanny has a poor record as a GM too.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

what?

NO you guys ARE better than us and top of that your teams culture has changed to wanna win while your stadium is alot better now dome-fan wise.

YOu also have a ton of pick and cap space.

Dont ever say you where better that day you ARE better than the skins hands down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: