Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dawson and S. Brown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Dawson and S. Brown Reply with quote

I've always been for keeping Dawson but now I think we should keep Brown another year or two. He is playing pretty well.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawson and S. Brown Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
I've always been for keeping Dawson but now I think we should keep Brown another year or two. He is playing pretty well.

He has made some good plays... I think with brown it really depends on what is looking for in a new contract, and if the browns are in a position to bring in another cb, will brown be flexible enough to take a different and/or reduced role....

Love to keep Dawson as long as possible. Keep him the highest paid kicker in the league. He is worth the money.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawson and S. Brown Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

He has made some good plays... I think with brown it really depends on what is looking for in a new contract, and if the browns are in a position to bring in another cb, will brown be flexible enough to take a different and/or reduced role....

Love to keep Dawson as long as possible. Keep him the highest paid kicker in the league. He is worth the money.

I feel we have bigger problems than Brown. Without a second rounder this year it is going to be hard doing everything. To me free safety.line backer and def. end needs improvement.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
tricklogic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon has been better this year than he was last year. I wish we could keep him on in some capacity next year, but I imagine his health and age are in his own consideration. It's nice having a couple of these guys, but I imagine he'll see minimal playing time next year.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricklogic wrote:
Sheldon has been better this year than he was last year. I wish we could keep him on in some capacity next year, but I imagine his health and age are in his own consideration. It's nice having a couple of these guys, but I imagine he'll see minimal playing time next year.

He was pretty good last year. I think he really gets way too much hate, yeah it's only a matter of time before he drops off hard, but it he's still a very solid corner.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawson and S. Brown Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:

I feel we have bigger problems than Brown. Without a second rounder this year it is going to be hard doing everything. To me free safety.line backer and def. end needs improvement.

I think one of the DBs need to be addressed at least... Be it FS or CB or both.

LB is a must.

DE would be excellent as well.

Here is for hoping we get 2/3 fixed at least. Haha.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying since last year he's not nearly as bad as everyone made him out to be. And I proved that in my "state of the franchise" threads.

The only thing he didn't do well was tackle. His coverage skills have not suffered at all.

And this year, his tackling has been much better. And his coverage skills are actually better.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=492652
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
tricklogic wrote:

He was pretty good last year. I think he really gets way too much hate, yeah it's only a matter of time before he drops off hard, but it he's still a very solid corner.

Exactly right. He's old and could fall off the edge any time, but he hasn't yet, and he has played very well over the last 2 years. Like I've said a few times, there aren't that many teams in the NFL that have someone better as a #2 CB than Sheldon Brown.

I pretty much laughed my [inappropriate/removed] off last year when everyone was talking about moving him to FS. I've even seen some people mention this terrilble idea this year.
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:

I pretty much laughed my [inappropriate/removed] off last year when everyone was talking about moving him to FS. I've even seen some people mention this terrilble idea this year.

I honestly think they should once they get a decent corner to take his spot though.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we keep both, unless we feel that we have someone better then sheldon on the roster or we know we can upgrade for the same $$$ then no reason to not try and resign them imo

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
tricklogic wrote:

I think he has been good this year but dude he was horrible last year. His tackling was terrible and I thought he was done.

After what I have seen so far this year I have no problem with him getting another two years for around 1.5 mil a year.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His coverage is usually pretty good. I've been more than disappointed with his tackling. I thought it was his strength. Maybe the shoulder is the culprit.

Wouldn't mind having him back. CB is a pretty deep position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: