Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
Hey guys been a way for a while due to some work issues and out of town for a wedding recently, but wanted to jump in on the Coaching issue here and throw this guys name into the ring.

Jay Gruden-OC Cinncy.

Obvisouly John's brother, but has had success where ever he has been. If he is any where as nuts as his brother you got to imagine he would have some sort of success. He has done wonders with Andy Dalton, and I know they have struggled some but just think he would be an under the radar type guy that could pay huge dividends.

As for the Rookie QB, this class scares the crap out of me. Would anyone else be statisfied with trying to find a stop gap in the mean time for a year or two(Jason Campbell, Mike Vick, Matt Flynn), or even trying to trade for a Matt Schaub type prospect that has been on the bench behind a proven starter . I am not against going after a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, but I just feel a little hesitant about them and would much rather continue to improve this defense that we all thought would be top 15 when the year started.

I think that is what Tavaris Jackson is. I discovered while talking to a cowboys fan about the Bills trading for Tony Romo (just hypothetically) and as I was looking at Fitzy's contract, their is no way we could bring in any kind of decent QB.

If we cut Fitz before next year, we take a $14 mil cap hit ($17 mil in bonus money left, but $3 mil is a roster bonus). He also counts 10.5 mil against the cap next year if we keep him, no way the Bills try to bring in somone good enough (like a Vick, like a Flynn) that would get similar money. I unfortunately think we either have to bring in a young arm, keep going with fitzpatrick, or get another mediocre QB.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Hey guys been a way for a while due to some work issues and out of town for a wedding recently, but wanted to jump in on the Coaching issue here and throw this guys name into the ring.

Jay Gruden-OC Cinncy.

Obvisouly John's brother, but has had success where ever he has been. If he is any where as nuts as his brother you got to imagine he would have some sort of success. He has done wonders with Andy Dalton, and I know they have struggled some but just think he would be an under the radar type guy that could pay huge dividends.

As for the Rookie QB, this class scares the crap out of me. Would anyone else be statisfied with trying to find a stop gap in the mean time for a year or two(Jason Campbell, Mike Vick, Matt Flynn), or even trying to trade for a Matt Schaub type prospect that has been on the bench behind a proven starter . I am not against going after a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, but I just feel a little hesitant about them and would much rather continue to improve this defense that we all thought would be top 15 when the year started.

I think that is what Tavaris Jackson is. I discovered while talking to a cowboys fan about the Bills trading for Tony Romo (just hypothetically) and as I was looking at Fitzy's contract, their is no way we could bring in any kind of decent QB.

If we cut Fitz before next year, we take a $14 mil cap hit ($17 mil in bonus money left, but $3 mil is a roster bonus). He also counts 10.5 mil against the cap next year if we keep him, no way the Bills try to bring in somone good enough (like a Vick, like a Flynn) that would get similar money. I unfortunately think we either have to bring in a young arm, keep going with fitzpatrick, or get another mediocre QB.
The circle of terrible, just keeps going 'round and 'round

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Jay Gruden-OC Cinncy.

The circle of terrible, just keeps going 'round and 'round

Guess we have to go the rookie route then. I am very frustrated with the way the whole T. Jackson situation I feel like it was such a waste of a trade and not saying that we would find anything better in the draft but him sitting on the sidelines in street clothes is just such a waste. I doubt we see him for the next couple weeks with the way Fitz played yesterday, but man I think we need to give him a crack at some point down the stretch to see what he has.

With the College Route my rankings would look like this.

Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Matt Barkley
Tyler Bray(He would need to sit a year could be a great fit with Fitz getting another year)
Aaron Murray

Later Round Guys I like
Sean Renfree
Ryan Nassib
Zack Dysert
Mike Glennon

A guy that isnt mentioned to much because he most likely wont come out, but what about Taj Boyd from Clemson. He has been a stud since he took over as a Freshman. I know the competition level isnt there in the ACC besides FSU and Va. Tech, but I think he could be a guy that would have success sort of a RG3 type player.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
crabbylion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, dude. Andy Reid would be awesome!

As far as the college route QB goes, you can forget
Tampa boy, Aaron Murray choosing to play in that weather.
I'm not ready to quit on the Bills HC yet. Maybe some
defensive maturation and some healthy QB competion
to wake up Fitz.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what people think the chances are (not necessarily if you like it) that we trade for say, QB Blaine Gabbert. I only bring this up because their were strong indications that if Marcell Dareus was not there at #3, that we were going to take Gabbert.

The financials would work, Jags would only take a 3.6 mil hit trading him and we would only be on the hook for 2 years $3.5 mil (all in base seeing how the jags would have to eat the bonus money). I think maybe for a high 4th round pick, you know, tebow asking price, I can't really say I would be against it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
I wonder what people think the chances are (not necessarily if you like it) that we trade for say, QB Blaine Gabbert. I only bring this up because their were strong indications that if Marcell Dareus was not there at #3, that we were going to take Gabbert.

The financials would work, Jags would only take a 3.6 mil hit trading him and we would only be on the hook for 2 years $3.5 mil (all in base seeing how the jags would have to eat the bonus money). I think maybe for a high 4th round pick, you know, tebow asking price, I can't really say I would be against it.

it would depend on if we think Gabbert will ever stop being terrible.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:

it would depend on if we think Gabbert will ever stop being terrible.

Didn't stop us from drafting and holding on to JP Losman Laughing

and Trent Edwards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather not take a look at Gabbert but there is a legit chance that we could miss out on Wilson, Geno and Barkley.. Mike Glennon couldrise up draft boards.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'd rather not take a look at Gabbert but there is a legit chance that we could miss out on Wilson, Geno and Barkley.. Mike Glennon couldrise up draft boards.
Watch Ryan Nassib as well. He is coming on strong.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My offseason right now.

Fire entire coaching staff.

HC: Chip Kelly- Seahawks and 49ers are havong success with these Pac-12 coaches.

Resign

Andy Levitre
Jarius Byrd

Sign

WR Kevin Ogletree

OLB Daryl Smith

Draft

Round 1: Manti Te'o- Just what this defense needs.

Round 2: EJ Manuel- Groom a QB. We get a choice between Manuel, Nassib, Glennon, Bray, and Jones in the 2nd and we choose this man.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking good except QB preference (Glennon) Our LB core is looking better, although Kelvin Sheppard is playing better. But keeping Byrd and Levitre are key.
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i'm being honest this QB class is really poor. I like Geno, but he scares me a little, just something about that offense makes me think his skills may not transition so smoothly to the NFL. I don't really care for Barkley because he has nothing that really jumps out at me when i see him play. he is just kinda average all around. I do like Tyler Wilson a lot but i'm not sure he is worth at top half first round pick. Manuel has skills but will be a project and will need to sit for a few years. the same applies for Glennon and Nassib, they have some skills but will be projects. I don't really like the idea of drafting a QB in the first unless we are picking around 20 and we take Tyler Wilson, but i feel we need a defensive player first. I'm looking at CJ Mosley, Johnathan Banks, Sam Montgomery. Those guys will be BPA and could help the D.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another CB could work.. A Gilmore/Milliner or Banks combo would be hard to pass up. Te'o, Mosley , or Porter defensive pick work. My big board goes

Jarvis Jones
Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Dee Milliner
Manti Te'o
Matt Barkley
Jonathon Banks
CJ Mosley

So far
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Another CB could work.. A Gilmore/Milliner or Banks combo would be hard to pass up. Te'o, Mosley , or Porter defensive pick work. My big board goes

Jarvis Jones
Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Dee Milliner
Manti Te'o
Matt Barkley
Jonathon Banks
CJ Mosley

So far

Sadly, Jones has spinal stenosis...same thing that caused Lee Suggs to quit football. There's no cure. Jones is a great player, but I wouldn't risk a 1st round pick on someone who very well may not have a long career.

(EDIT) - I'd love to see Te'o in a Bills uniform!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Jarvis Jones
Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Dee Milliner
Manti Te'o
Matt Barkley
Jonathon Banks
CJ Mosley

So far

Sadly, Jones has spinal stenosis...same thing that caused Lee Suggs to quit football. There's no cure. Jones is a great player, but I wouldn't risk a 1st round pick on someone who very well may not have a long career.

(EDIT) - I'd love to see Te'o in a Bills uniform!

Yea, our franchise isn't in position to gamble on Jones.. Wasn't aware of this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: