Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
How many losses this year do you all think we will have to have in order for Nix to fire Gailey? I think if we finish 5-11 or worse he HAS to go. and if we 6-10 again but lost the other 5 games very similar to today then he has to go as well.

I think anything less than 8-8 they will be gone, I also think we aren't that far out with a player or 2 and new coach.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want the head coach to be tough and have an attitude. I'd love to have Greg Schiano on the sidelines right now. The team is a little bit tougher than when Jauron was here but they still need to be a lot tougher if they plan on contending. Look at what Schiano, Harbaugh, and Philbin have done with their teams.

TommyC376^^^
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I just want the head coach to be tough and have an attitude. I'd love to have Greg Schiano on the sidelines right now. The team is a little bit tougher than when Jauron was here but they still need to be a lot tougher if they plan on contending. Look at what Schiano, Harbaugh, and Philbin have done with their teams.

I think we need a motivator.

Look at the team, every single game they just give up or step off the gas after half time. It;s beyond embarrassing.

At least in the 4-12 year they tried and looked like they cared. I just don't see that from this team.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philbin isnt a motivater as the other guys i think he is a gailey type motivater. As much crap as I give jet fans for having a loud mouth for a coach he is a big motivator I wonder if his brother is the same?

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take a look at the rest of our schedule and have us predict our final record. Because if its terrible enough Id say BUddy has no choice but to dump Gailey.

my prediction is:

@ Patriots L
Miami L
@ Colts L
Jaguars W
Rams W
Seahawks L
@ Dolphins L
Jets L

That puts us at 5-11 and very much needing to dump the entire staff. The difference with changing everything this year as opposed to other years is we have a significant amount of talent on the team. So if we brought in a HC that wanted to run a 4-3 defence and wants to run the ball a majority of the time we would be fine. IMO we need a franchise QB, LB, S and CB and maybe even a TE. But if we fill two of those (QB,LB) this next draft we will be playoff contenders.

As for coaches on my wish list i'd like to be considered, they are as follows in no particular order

Jon Gruden
Brian Shottenheimer OC
Pete Carmichael OC
Ray Horton DC
Jack del Rio DC
David Toub ST

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting us at 7-9 and hoping Barkley can play better so some team takes him top 5. We need a OLB early and there are a few interesting prospects available rounds 2 or 3. I'm thinking Levitre gets extended and Byrd at very least gets franchised.

Top 5 needs

Competent HC
QB
OLB
WR
S

I'm not sure Gaileys issue is "motivating" he is just idiotic, I think JB pointed out the O carries from midway 3rd to end of game.
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple, a team that uses the talent we know it has, rather than constantly under-performing and disappointing its fans.

Yeah I'm asking for a lot but I think we deserve it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Simple, a team that uses the talent we know it has, rather than constantly under-performing and disappointing its fans.

We do !! Like when was last meaningful game we were up for? Bad drafting, awful coaching, lousy QB play.. We need an established HC and take it from there. We have key components in place..

Solid offensive line
Solid defensive line
Beast RB combo
Young up and coming Secondary

IF we can just hit on a QB this draft, I believe with proper Coaching staff we are not far out at all
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:

We're the laughing stock of the NFL. Us and the Browns fans deserve SOMETHING resembling success. It's been almost 2 damn decades now. And I'm sick and tired of being the NFL's farm team/doormat.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:

We do !! Like when was last meaningful game we were up for? Bad drafting, awful coaching, lousy QB play.. We need an established HC and take it from there. We have key components in place..

Solid offensive line
Solid defensive line
Beast RB combo
Young up and coming Secondary

IF we can just hit on a QB this draft, I believe with proper Coaching staff we are not far out at all

Not sure I am as sold on the secondary as you, but at least half of it (Byrd & Gilmore) is good. And IMHO we need more than just a QB...we seriously need 2 LBers capable of starting immediately. I haven't looked, but maybe there is someone we can get in this year's free agency, but at least 1 needs to come from the draft. I would even put the need for the LBers ahead of QB. We can't stop anyone and it isn't all Wannstedt's fault. Poor tackling, not sticking to their assigned gaps, and overall lack of athletic ability are not exactly things Wanny can fix by simply calling more blitzes. I truly believe if we could stop the bleeding on the defensive side of the ball, it would be easier for Chan to call more running plays, which would shorten the game and give Fitz fewer opportunities to screw up by trying to carry the team. That would result in more wins. The best example of this is the Titans game. People complained about Fitz's pick, while forgetting that he completed 77% of his passes in route to scoring 34 points and more importantly that the D gave up 35 points! Fitz is not perfect. He can be frustratingly inconsistent, but our D has consistently stunk the vast majority of the year!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple LB prospects who should be around in 2nd/3rd who I feel are quality prospects Sean Porter, Chase Thomas and Gerald Hodges should be on radar come draft day. Jarvis Jones I feel could play 4/3 at pro level could (but not likely) drop and I'm warming up to T'eo if he is on board.

I agree, I have LB as 1(B) to QB 1(A) as of right now
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
A couple LB prospects who should be around in 2nd/3rd who I feel are quality prospects Sean Porter, Chase Thomas and Gerald Hodges should be on radar come draft day. Jarvis Jones I feel could play 4/3 at pro level could (but not likely) drop and I'm warming up to T'eo if he is on board.

I'd go QB # 1. Only reason is you can find a quality starting LB in FA, you probably wont have much luck finding a quality starting QB in FA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I'd go QB # 1. Only reason is you can find a quality starting LB in FA, you probably wont have much luck finding a quality starting QB in FA

I agree, if a franchise QB is a need then it trumps everything else.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I agree, if a franchise QB is a need then it trumps everything else.

Considering no matter what other positions we draft, we'll never do anything or have anything resembling extended success until we have a franchise QB, I'd say it trumps everything.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys been a way for a while due to some work issues and out of town for a wedding recently, but wanted to jump in on the Coaching issue here and throw this guys name into the ring.

Jay Gruden-OC Cinncy.

Obvisouly John's brother, but has had success where ever he has been. If he is any where as nuts as his brother you got to imagine he would have some sort of success. He has done wonders with Andy Dalton, and I know they have struggled some but just think he would be an under the radar type guy that could pay huge dividends.

As for the Rookie QB, this class scares the crap out of me. Would anyone else be statisfied with trying to find a stop gap in the mean time for a year or two(Jason Campbell, Mike Vick, Matt Flynn), or even trying to trade for a Matt Schaub type prospect that has been on the bench behind a proven starter . I am not against going after a Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, but I just feel a little hesitant about them and would much rather continue to improve this defense that we all thought would be top 15 when the year started.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: