Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List" Reply with quote

Half way thru season with bleak post season chances, figured I will start a wish list thread looking towards 2013. I'm fed up personally with our coaching staff so my list goes as follows

HC - I want an "established" NFL HC not a solid College guy, not a Coordinator. I expect this HC to bring in his own guys on staff and there own QB. I wish Sean Payton or Andy Reid (barring an expected Eagles flop)

QB - No serious "beefs" today in Houston, but Fitz is obviously not long term solution. I want us to go college route for franchise guy. I'm open to Fitz returning on a restructured contract, if not let our rookie battle T-Jax next pre season. I wish Geno Smith, but Barkley, Wilson and Aaron Murray will do.

Upgrade at OLB - Realistic FA prediction is tough, so I wish OLB Jarvis Jones, but Sean Porter or CJ Mosley works for me.

Wish - Extend Andy Levitre, Jairus Byrd

Wish - Never see Aaron Williams play CB again because he is awful. Move him to Safety, trade him or cut him whatever.

What some other wishes boys ?
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List" Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Half way thru season with bleak post season chances, figured I will start a wish list thread looking towards 2013. I'm fed up personally with our coaching staff so my list goes as follows

HC - I want an "established" NFL HC not a solid College guy, not a Coordinator. I expect this HC to bring in his own guys on staff and there own QB. I wish Sean Payton or Andy Reid (barring an expected Eagles flop)

QB - No serious "beefs" today in Houston, but Fitz is obviously not long term solution. I want us to go college route for franchise guy. I'm open to Fitz returning on a restructured contract, if not let our rookie battle T-Jax next pre season. I wish Geno Smith, but Barkley, Wilson and Aaron Murray will do.

Upgrade at OLB - Realistic FA prediction is tough, so I wish OLB Jarvis Jones, but Sean Porter or CJ Mosley works for me.

Wish - Never see Aaron Williams play CB again because he is awful. Move him to Safety, trade him or cut him whatever.

This would be a dream come true

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List" Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I hope that's sarcasm. The dream come true would be the other guy mentioned.

We're not getting either of those guys.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List" Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I hope that's sarcasm. The dream come true would be the other guy mentioned.

We're not getting either of those guys.

If we hire Andy Reid, I'm done.

Besides, we won't even sniff either of those guys. We'll have to take a chance on an unproven Coordinator or a guy on his 3rd or 4th shot (Wade's coming back ya'll!) and most likely get no better.

I'm exceptionally cynical at this point.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Payton shouldn't even be mentioned. There is no way he is not coaching the Saints in 2013. Andy Reid is proven and could do wonders with a rookie QB. No, it wasn't sarcasm. I live in the area and all I hear is how Eagles fans hate him (they hate everybody). He is way more capable of running a team than what we currently have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to head coaches, this is where I am at right now

We have seen high profile guys do not want to come here, whether it is Cowher, Gruden, whoever, we have seen over the last few years that the guys who can go anywhere, will not come to Buffalo.

I have seen teams get the likes of say Jim/John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin and Rex Ryan. Even though it is a risk, I think the only way we can potentially get a good coach is to take a chance on a college guy or young coordinator that shows promise. It could be bad, but unless we go with a relative unknown, I think the Bills head coaching job is only going to be appealing to mediocrity.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
When it comes to head coaches, this is where I am at right now

We have seen high profile guys do not want to come here, whether it is Cowher, Gruden, whoever, we have seen over the last few years that the guys who can go anywhere, will not come to Buffalo.

I have seen teams get the likes of say Jim/John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin and Rex Ryan. Even though it is a risk, I think the only way we can potentially get a good coach is to take a chance on a college guy or young coordinator that shows promise. It could be bad, but unless we go with a relative unknown, I think the Bills head coaching job is only going to be appealing to mediocrity.

Agreed. I see us doing well with a younger guy. We always seem to get these old cast-offs that show no emotion, ever. Maybe it's just me being a young college kid, but i want a guy similar to Jim Harbaugh, or Greg Schiano. Those guys are fired up high energy coaches.

BillSabre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List" Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I just want to make sure I'm not dreaming. You guys want to bring in a coach that religiously abandons the run game? Are we not complaining about not running enough as it is?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish list.

Free Agent Corner, dont care who.

1st Round Manti Teo
2nd Round Tyler Bray

Gives us a leader and play caller on both sides of the ball.

Also give me Tyrann Mathieu in later rounds to eventually take George Wilsons spot.

Then give us Chip Kelly to groom Bray.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Wish list.

Free Agent Corner, dont care who.

1st Round Manti Teo
2nd Round Tyler Bray

Gives us a leader and play caller on both sides of the ball.

Also give me Tyrann Mathieu in later rounds to eventually take George Wilsons spot.

Then give us Chip Kelly to groom Bray.

I'm good with Teo, but not a fan of Bray.. Maybe Aaron Murray instead in 2nd. Mathieu would be a risk so maybe 6th or 7th round
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376's wish list.

Head Coach: Chip Kelly

1st Round: Tyler Wilson

2nd Round: DeAndre Hopkins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip kelly is a college guy not sure how he will do in the nfl. I prefer a coordinator that has made an impact on a team. I like the niners DC and feel like he can come in and do some work.

Nix said this past weekend Gailey is to stay I have a feeling he will and Wannstedt will be gone.

If the bills dont have a top pick to land a qb that will make an impact then I dont want them to reach for a guy like Wilson or anyone in the 1st rd not worth it.

Draft a LB Monte Te'o or Jarvis Jones.

No LBs worth taking in FA except for Barwin but he will be franchised.
Pay a guy like Bowe or Wallace to be opposite to Stevie this will help out.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many losses this year do you all think we will have to have in order for Nix to fire Gailey? I think if we finish 5-11 or worse he HAS to go. and if we 6-10 again but lost the other 5 games very similar to today then he has to go as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List" Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I just want to make sure I'm not dreaming. You guys want to bring in a coach that religiously abandons the run game? Are we not complaining about not running enough as it is?

Common sense. You haz it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again Nix made a statement this past weekend saying Gailey has one more year Nix has yet to come out and say something then do the complete opposite like most GMs do. So I expect gailey to be back which is a terrible move. I see some coordinators going but not gailey if Nix is still GM. Now if Wilson passes away and new ownership comes in then the whole organization will be gutted from top to bottom which i dont see happening right now but anything is possible.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: