Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills (3-5) 2013 "Wish List"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Kyle Shanahan or Mcdaniels as HC might be good.

Jon Gruden, or Chip Kelly for me
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be all for Doug Whaley taking over as GM. The Bills need some young blood running things.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be Geno Smith then in the second it should be Justin Hunter. If Qbs are gone before their pick they trade down or go OT Eric Pears future could be in jepordy.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I would be all for Doug Whaley taking over as GM. The Bills need some young blood running things.

I would love this. Its a matter of time until we loose him to another team, I'd love for him to take over and hire his own HC.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets Go Buffalo wrote:
I think it will be Geno Smith then in the second it should be Justin Hunter. If Qbs are gone before their pick they trade down or go OT Eric Pears future could be in jepordy.

There will most definitely be many 2/3rd round WR options in this draft.. QB / BPA Defense round 1 though.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy Nix: Either retires or steps back into scouting role
Doug Whaley: Promoted to General manager
Chan Gailey: immediately fired by Whaley, as well as the entire coaching staff.

Rob Chudzinski hired as HC.
- young blood, will come cheap and has history of working with young QB's.

Norv Turner OC
- After being fired from SD his buddy who's career he helped start ask him to get our offense back on track.

Raheem Morris DC
- was a pretty solid DC in Tampa, helping their pass defence tremendously. currently the DB coach in Washington

Re-sign Levitre, David Nelson, and Kyle Moore

Release: Fitzpatrick, Nick Barnett, George Wilson.

Sign: Dwayne Bowe, Daryl Smith

Bryd walks.

Draft:

1. Tyler Wilson QB
2. Eric Reid S
3. WR/CB/LB

jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My updated thoughts:

Front Office

Russ Brandon {Chief Executive Officer}
Buddy Nix {General Manager}
Doug Whaley {Director of Player Personnel}
Chuck Cook {Director of College Scouting}
Tom Gibbons {Director of Pro Personnel)}

For the time being, it does not seem overly beneficial to overhaul this group. Buddy Nix has been the GM of the Bills for only three years. Nix hit on C.J. Spiller with his first round pick in 2010, though the rest of that draft leaves little to be desired. Alex Carrington has been coming along, and there is still hope for Marcus Easley. It is too early to be able to evaluate the 2011 and 2012 drafts. In addition to his duties as Director of Player Personnel, Doug Whaley is also serving as Assistant General Manager. Whaley seems like a logical choice to eventually succeed Nix.

Coaching Staff

Chan Gailey {Head Coach}
Curtis Modkins {Offensive Coordinator}
Dave Wannstedt {Defensive Coordinator}
Bruce DeHaven {Special Teams Coordinator}

It is time for Chan Gailey to go. Gailey (0.326) has a worse winning percentage than his predecessors, Dick Jauron (0.421), Mike Mularkey (0.438), and Gregg Williams (0.354). His play calling and personnel usage has been under heavy criticism, and for good reason. The under utilization of C.J. Spiller, the unwavering support of Ryan Fitzpatrick, drive after drive of questionable play calls, poor game planning, and poor leadership have led to loss after loss. Curtis Modkins is the offensive coordinator only by name, Chan Gailey is in complete control of the offense. The defense under Dave Wannstedt (also the Assistant Head Coach) seemingly improved during the second half of the season, albeit against lesser or questionable talent (Miami, Jacksonville, St. Louis). A blowout loss to the Seahawks showed that obviously the defense is not yet where it needs to be. This is the sixth time this season opposing teams have put up 35+ points on the Bills.

Quarterbacks

Ryan Fitzpatrick {under contract through 2016}
Tyler Thigpen {last year of contract}
Brad Smith {under contract through 2014}
Tarvaris Jackson {last year of contract}

It is ridiculous to trade a draft pick for Tavaris Jackson, have him inactive the whole season, and then possibly lose him without ever playing a down. Jackson is no more the answer than Fitzpatrick is, but I'm betting both will be on the roster next season (unless Gailey gets fired). Tyler Thigpen will finally be gone. Brad Smith has not done much in Buffalo, but if Gailey stays so will Smith. The Bills desperately need a franchise quarterback.

Conclusion
  • No front office changes, at least not yet
  • Fire Chan Gailey
  • Draft a quarterback (or two)
  • Cut Brad Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick; I'm thinking next year's roster should have two new players and T-Jax as the backup; perhaps Fitz and T-Jax can battle it out in training camp for the backup spot

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us

Last edited by jb_gobills on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any thoughts in giving a call to Rob Ryan for head coach? He most certainly is fiery and obviously has coaching in the bloodline.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts in giving a call to Rob Ryan for head coach? He most certainly is fiery and obviously has coaching in the bloodline.

At this point I would be for anyone who isn't Gailey or a softee. Rob Ryan would be awesome and would put us on that map again. But then we would defintiely here from certain Jet posters Rolling Eyes

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:

I'm all for this, our defense will surely improve with the talent we have
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an idea some people will be against it but think about it. Alot of talks about the Jets looking to go a different direction this offseason firing the Gm and coaching staff and bringing in a coach who could help Sanchez out since they cant cut him. For coach what about Rex Ryan after last nights game his defense was able to stay in the game even after 6 turnovers. The bills were out of the seattle game 10 min in to the game. He is a good defensive mind coach and he has the emotions and pep to get the players motivated.

Again this is just an idea if Rex does go. If he doesnt then I would like for the bills to push hard for Gruden, he has the itch to come back and if they pay him he would take it.

Chip Kelly would be the offensive mind the bills would need if he was what the bills were looking for he is creative and he is an emotional coach.

I wouldnt mind those 3 to look at.

Thanks Max
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Just an idea some people will be against it but think about it. Alot of talks about the Jets looking to go a different direction this offseason firing the Gm and coaching staff and bringing in a coach who could help Sanchez out since they cant cut him. For coach what about Rex Ryan after last nights game his defense was able to stay in the game even after 6 turnovers. The bills were out of the seattle game 10 min in to the game. He is a good defensive mind coach and he has the emotions and pep to get the players motivated.

Again this is just an idea if Rex does go. If he doesnt then I would like for the bills to push hard for Gruden, he has the itch to come back and if they pay him he would take it.

Chip Kelly would be the offensive mind the bills would need if he was what the bills were looking for he is creative and he is an emotional coach.

I wouldnt mind those 3 to look at.

Gruden can easily get a better job than Buffalo so please don't waste your time thinking about him. Chip Kelly has a better job currently, why leave a good thing for a disaster?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches change their minds all the time. Look at Saban he went from HC at LSU to HC in Miami to HC in Bama. Things change and resaons change, some chose to do it for the status, some do it for the money, and some do it for other reasons. I think every coach that wants a HC position in the NFL is available for different reasons. Yes Gruden could come and get a job at a different organization but which is considered better? If an organization fires their HC obviously its not because the team was amazing so your argument seems a bit off. Yes Chip kelly could stay at Oregon but who is to say that its his dream job, he could have the passion to want to be a HC in the NFL. Again I dont expect to land 1 of those 3 and I dont expect the bills to fire Gailey but if they did then I would like for the bills to explore those 3 first. This is a discussion on who would you want its not a discussion on saying ok your the GM now hire one. We are just fans throwing out ideas.

Thanks Max
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Coaches change their minds all the time. Look at Saban he went from HC at LSU to HC in Miami to HC in Bama. Things change and resaons change, some chose to do it for the status, some do it for the money, and some do it for other reasons. I think every coach that wants a HC position in the NFL is available for different reasons. Yes Gruden could come and get a job at a different organization but which is considered better? If an organization fires their HC obviously its not because the team was amazing so your argument seems a bit off. Yes Chip kelly could stay at Oregon but who is to say that its his dream job, he could have the passion to want to be a HC in the NFL. Again I dont expect to land 1 of those 3 and I dont expect the bills to fire Gailey but if they did then I would like for the bills to explore those 3 first. This is a discussion on who would you want its not a discussion on saying ok your the GM now hire one. We are just fans throwing out ideas.
Us Oregon fans have come to the reality Chip won't be here next year. He want's to coach in the NFL. It is that simple. he doesn't like recruiting and doesn't like sucking up to boosters at ghetto lunches. He wants to go coach football. Whether you guys could land him over other teams IDK. But he is from the North East so you guys fit where he is from.

Sig bet
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, all I try and do I talk realistically. I did it once it was obvious there was no hope left for the season while some scoffe at me. I'm doing it now with these dreams of some big name head coach coming in here. The Bills have been terribad for over ten years. It's not an attractive destination. We have an owner who wants a puppet and may or may not be with us much longer. We don't have an immense amount of talent due to poor management of the team. There's better jobs for these big name guys, period.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: