Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elwayfan Denver Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
I want Tavon Austin bad. He would be great in the slot.

That would be lethal.
I don't think he'll be as good in the slot I think he'll need to play on the outside(DeSean Jackson).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see us drafting Brown. He seems more like another WW/Trevathan.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Can't see us drafting Brown. He seems more like another WW/Trevathan.

I think he can play inside. However, I don't disagree with you entirely

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
I disagree to a point. A #3 or #4 receiver isn't a high priority compared to DT, ILB etc.

We sorely need a WR on this team. It doesn't seem that way sometimes, but we have nothing after DT and Decker and Stokley is old and very likely will not be here next year.

I don't know if a first round WR is the answer, but we will take one early, or get one in FA.

I dont doubt that. Iagree with you. All though I think its a bit better than you think.

If any of those three were to go down, Matt Willis would be on the field the majority of the time. That ain't good.

First if someone goes down I think Caldwell jumps Willis at WR. Caldwell isn't active cause Willis is the better ST player. Caldwell is nothing special, but he can hold down the fort. Second people forget that Tamme is essentially a big, slow WR in this offense as well. Third as far as next year is concerned immediate depth I don't think is the concern unless Stokley retires. I think if the Broncos draft a WR it will be thinking about the long term as they may not be able to keep both Decker (signed through 2013) and Thomas (signed through 2014) long term. That said they could easily wait a year and/or draft a WR late. Personally I think Collie is a shoe-in to sign here on a 1 year, prove he is healthy deal as it simply makes too much sense for him and the Broncos. Unless someone is willing to give him serious money despite his injuries I don't see why it wouldn't happen assuming he is recovered.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilike the draft, but Nix will surely come back next season. He needs one more year at the collegiate level.

As for the talk of drafting a WR early, I do think a playmaker/slot player to groom behind stokely is a good idea. I do however don't think it will be an early draft choice.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

primetime714 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
I disagree to a point. A #3 or #4 receiver isn't a high priority compared to DT, ILB etc.

We sorely need a WR on this team. It doesn't seem that way sometimes, but we have nothing after DT and Decker and Stokley is old and very likely will not be here next year.

I don't know if a first round WR is the answer, but we will take one early, or get one in FA.

I dont doubt that. Iagree with you. All though I think its a bit better than you think.

If any of those three were to go down, Matt Willis would be on the field the majority of the time. That ain't good.

First if someone goes down I think Caldwell jumps Willis at WR. Caldwell isn't active cause Willis is the better ST player. Caldwell is nothing special, but he can hold down the fort. Second people forget that Tamme is essentially a big, slow WR in this offense as well. Third as far as next year is concerned immediate depth I don't think is the concern unless Stokley retires. I think if the Broncos draft a WR it will be thinking about the long term as they may not be able to keep both Decker (signed through 2013) and Thomas (signed through 2014) long term. That said they could easily wait a year and/or draft a WR late. Personally I think Collie is a shoe-in to sign here on a 1 year, prove he is healthy deal as it simply makes too much sense for him and the Broncos. Unless someone is willing to give him serious money despite his injuries I don't see why it wouldn't happen assuming he is recovered.

Caldwell isn't playing for myriad reasons, special teams is just one of them. The other is that he isn't that good. Tamme fills a role at TE, but he isn't a WR. Stokely doesn't have much time left and this WR class is deep. I don't think WR is the biggest need, but it's definitely a need.

Also, Elway seems to be an early adopter when it comes to the league. He's drafted Von, and used him in an interesting way, he's drafted Wolfe, and we've used him all over...these are things that good teams before us have done. I have no doubts that Elway looks at dynamic offenses and sees the talent they have across the board.

MLB should certainly be #1 priority this offseason, I fully agree. I then think DT needs another body, and maybe S too.

Also, one other name to throw out at WR...Da'Rick Rogers.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
As long as we are dreaming, I would love to get the following three:
1. Teo
2. Tavon Austin
3. Nix
We get these three players, a RB in the 4th round and a couple more depth through the mid rounds of the draft in addition to free agency signings primarily on the offensive line and I guarantee multiple super bowls. Smile

And if we are dreaming...Janarius Jenkins from UGA...

LBing Corp: Miller, Teo, and Jenkins...that would be a wrecking crew.
NFLBRONCO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with others on offense we could use

WR- DMT and Decker are only weapons here. Stokes is solid but, getting old. If we lose either starter its scary. We need to have someone behind them to understand all the demands signals Manning requires.

G- I think our line has played well this year with Kuper playing without him its scary.

RB- Luxury pick but, I'm not opposed to adding another one. Has nothing to do will Hillman at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: