Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB should be our #1 priority!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
The Dolphin's need playmakers....guys that make the play to turn the momentum, guys that other teams game plan for

Brandon Marshall wrote:
Greetings from Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From I can tell, pass rushers should be the primary focus in the 1st round. Sam Montgomery or Bjoern Werner. Look at how the Giants won their last two Super Bowls. With a dominant front four/pass rushers that was able to stop Tom Brady. The Giants do not have any elite CBs, most of their CBs were injured throughout the year and they made things happen with an ELITE front four.

Pass rushers is definitely the way I would go about impacting the passing game with our defense.
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draconis1410 wrote:
From I can tell, pass rushers should be the primary focus in the 1st round. Sam Montgomery or Bjoern Werner. Look at how the Giants won their last two Super Bowls. With a dominant front four/pass rushers that was able to stop Tom Brady. The Giants do not have any elite CBs, most of their CBs were injured throughout the year and they made things happen with an ELITE front four.

Pass rushers is definitely the way I would go about impacting the passing game with our defense.

A thousand times this. A good pass rush will make a crap secondary look amazing. If you hurry the passer, he makes mistakes and bad throws. Our #1 priority this draft is an OLB opposite Wake. We shave a half second off getting to the QB and you will see this Secondary seemingly improve over night. If an ELITE DE falls to us in the draft, I would not be opposed to it as long as its a hybrid DE/OLB. CB/WR is a luxury pick when we have no other issues to fix.

Larry Little #66
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanford Routt just got released... we should definitely look into signing him to a 1 year deal. He's a decent cornerback and we need depth desperately.

Nacho Simulation Football League
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Stanford Routt just got released... we should definitely look into signing him to a 1 year deal. He's a decent cornerback and we need depth desperately.

+1...I was just going to post this. Give him the second half of the year as a "tryout".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

+1...I was just going to post this. Give him the second half of the year as a "tryout".

KC picked him up off waivers already

**Ignore this comment**

Larry Little #66

Last edited by Niedermaier on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
draconis1410 wrote:

A thousand times this. A good pass rush will make a crap secondary look amazing. If you hurry the passer, he makes mistakes and bad throws. Our #1 priority this draft is an OLB opposite Wake. We shave a half second off getting to the QB and you will see this Secondary seemingly improve over night. If an ELITE DE falls to us in the draft, I would not be opposed to it as long as its a hybrid DE/OLB. CB/WR is a luxury pick when we have no other issues to fix.

I agree as well. Unfortunately, we have spent a good amount of capital on pass rush over the last 5-6 years. We've taken

Olivier Vernon
Jared Odrick
Koa Misi
Phillip Merling
Kendall Langford

Olivier is clearly an unknown, but we didn't get much pass rush from these guys and they were all brought in under the current regime. Ireland made up for a lot by bringing in Wake, but beyond that, we haven't had a ton of success. I wouldn't be shocked to see a few guys brought in to put pressure on opposing QB's.
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:
draconis1410 wrote:

I agree as well. Unfortunately, we have spent a good amount of capital on pass rush over the last 5-6 years. We've taken

Olivier Vernon
Jared Odrick
Koa Misi
Phillip Merling
Kendall Langford

Olivier is clearly an unknown, but we didn't get much pass rush from these guys and they were all brought in under the current regime. Ireland made up for a lot by bringing in Wake, but beyond that, we haven't had a ton of success. I wouldn't be shocked to see a few guys brought in to put pressure on opposing QB's.

Oliver and Jared are essentially rookies this year (I know), so I am very happy with both of their development so far. Jared has 7 sacks from a normally non productive 3-4 end position and Oliver creates all sorts of trouble on the line. Koa has stepped up this year, but he has been hit or miss. Langfords a beast and Merling is non-existent.

It is way to easy to double team Wake for OC's when there is no one on the other side bringing the pass rush, and we all know Koa cant do it. Imagine if we had another stud OLB to drop Wake into single coverage or could draw double coverage himself. It would entirely change the dynamic of out D and open up holes for the D-line to punch through to the QB.

However, the more I think about it, we might need to address the DE spot again since we are working the front 3 in a rotation and Merling is garbage. The first pick we make in 2013 needs to be a DE/OLB hybrid stud in the mold of Jason Taylor in the season we moved him around the LOS as a WSLB/DE. No project DE. If this happens we will complete building out our D except for MLB and one #2 CB. The safety's and S Smith can manage if we get our pass rush up.

Larry Little #66
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Um, what? KC was the ones who cut him...

Nacho Simulation Football League
Niedermaier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Niedermaier wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Um, what? KC was the ones who cut him...

Yup. I messed up. Still a FA. This is what you get when you try to surf FF and work at the same time.

Larry Little #66
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 Patriot games will look a lot like the Houston and Colts games if some adjustments are not made on defense for Brady.
I will say I am not a Sean Smith hater, he is just an average talent and will always give up 1 to 2 key plays per game that can be win killers.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I hav ebeen against taking a pass rusher in round 1, but a big part of that is that I hav eno man crush on any of them. The 2 DE's in LSU are solid, but unspectacular if you ask me. I'm sure if I watch enough game film after the season I'll find one worthy. But I'd be fine not taking one too. The truth of the matter is we got to Luck a lot. We flushed him out of the pocket a lot too. But he got away from it with his feet and made plays. When we play a QB like him they are going to score points unless our defense is just absolutely dominant. It's like when you play Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. You have to consider any game where you only allow 23 points against a prolific passing offense to be a success.

In my opinion the bigger problem was that we only scored 20 points against an average defense at best, and it's starting to become a trend. I like our QB, but our O-line needs work, and we need playmakers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I know I hav ebeen against taking a pass rusher in round 1, but a big part of that is that I hav eno man crush on any of them. The 2 DE's in LSU are solid, but unspectacular if you ask me. I'm sure if I watch enough game film after the season I'll find one worthy. But I'd be fine not taking one too. The truth of the matter is we got to Luck a lot. We flushed him out of the pocket a lot too. But he got away from it with his feet and made plays. When we play a QB like him they are going to score points unless our defense is just absolutely dominant. It's like when you play Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. You have to consider any game where you only allow 23 points against a prolific passing offense to be a success.

In my opinion the bigger problem was that we only scored 20 points against an average defense at best, and it's starting to become a trend. I like our QB, but our O-line needs work, and we need playmakers.
Not a fan of the LSU guys either but a big fan of damontre moore who is passing them right now. Playmakers at WR and O-line should be priority number 1. Good thing is we have extra picks and some cap space to still find a rusher somewhere. People need to get over Sean smith he is the least of our problems
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A player to watch is ziggy ansah from BYU new to football but a freak athlete coming off the edge jpp comparisns are starting
Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, I am currently experiencing a kidney stone. It is extremely painful, and accompanied by vomiting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: