Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Haslam fire Shurmur now?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 24 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Other, and why?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let the season play out.
1. Haslim already said decisions will be made at the end of the season.
2. We have no chance for the playoffs now so why make a change.
3. I'd be for changing coaches if we had someone already on our staff we were going to keep. Why make a change if we are just going to fire our interim coach.
4. Shurmur is likely gone at seasons end anyways.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
which i think is dumb.

While you may hold that opinion, let us keep that kind of response off the boards. Calling an idea or a statement dumb does not contribute or develop the conversation.

If you disagree, just go ahead and describe why. Calling something dumb doesn't add to the discussion, it only derails it.

man this is some PC stuff right here

i'll do better next time EZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
which i think is dumb.

While you may hold that opinion, let us keep that kind of response off the boards. Calling an idea or a statement dumb does not contribute or develop the conversation.

If you disagree, just go ahead and describe why. Calling something dumb doesn't add to the discussion, it only derails it.

Care to explain why you think DC's post was tampering and would cost us draft picks when no under contract coach was mentioned or the idea was never given?
gmer47brown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I honestly believe browns fans are not happy unless they are toaking about somebody sucking or claiming somebody needs to lose their job

So you think Shurmer has done a good job?

Do you think there is something positive to be happy about the past some odd years?

Nobody is happy to fire anyone. We want to win and taking no action means you are content with the current situation. Like the rest of everyone else there is no doubt bad coaching on game day. Bad decisions, bad play calling and we took 3 timeouts today because we didn't get the play in on time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:
I have seen all I need to see.

I say get rid of this idiot now.

Bye week is a good time for it...gives the temporary HC time.

How about you?

What would it accomplish?

Would firing Shurmur improve Brad Childress' play calling?
Would it improve our shoddy defense?

All it would do is change the name on the head coaches' parking spot until February.

Shurmur calls the plays. That is part of the reason that we are a cluster on O.

actually Childress calls the play to Shurmur and Shurmur calls it from the sideline to the QB
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan1710 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
which i think is dumb.

Care to explain why you think DC's post was tampering and would cost us draft picks when no under contract coach was mentioned or the idea was never given?

Yeah because I originally assumed that Dropkick would not consider something that I think is ridiculous and outside of the realm of what would likely work, such as hiring a college coach (since Petrino, Carroll, Lane Kiffin have worked out so well. Harbaugh did, but he was a long time NFL player- he knows what works in the NFL) or a retread coach (which largely never works, especially if they sit for a ocuple of seasons--- whats up Joe Gibbs)....

and then I realized it was Dropkick

GOD its so hard to not be sarcastic in here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:

How about you?

All it would do is change the name on the head coaches' parking spot until February.

actually Childress calls the play to Shurmur and Shurmur calls it from the sideline to the QB

Actually not, and if it is that way is this a NFL coaching staff or a politiburo?
tricklogic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for Shurmur being so bad in the second half and making so many bad calls even since he came here I'd be for him staying until season end or longer. He's just been bad though. It's even worse that he can't seem to make adjustments or manage a clock. Shaking things up is interesting. Making Jauron interim is an interesting statement. Brad Childress is here to make play calls and Jauron already clearly makes adjustments on the defensive side of the ball.

At this point I think not being able to get play calls in, manage a clock or figure out how to get your QB to make passes greater than 4 yards when it counts is actually hurting the growth of the team a lot. They're suppose to be learning how to win close games (especially the ones at home) not lose them.

Last edited by tricklogic on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait..... Carey is drop kick pride? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
which i think is dumb.

Yeah because I originally assumed that Dropkick would not consider something that I think is ridiculous and outside of the realm of what would likely work, such as hiring a college coach (since Petrino, Carroll, Lane Kiffin have worked out so well. Harbaugh did, but he was a long time NFL player- he knows what works in the NFL) or a retread coach (which largely never works, especially if they sit for a ocuple of seasons--- whats up Joe Gibbs)....

and then I realized it was Dropkick

GOD its so hard to not be sarcastic in here

Three people called you on a lame duck post to Drew Carey and you simply ignored the fact you made a mistake. There was no sarcasm what so ever.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:

How about you?

Actually not, and if it is that way is this a NFL coaching staff or a politiburo?

For what its worth, Rich Gannon said what buno described as fact
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:

How about you?

They said it mid-broadcast. Chilly to Pat, Pat to Weeds.
buno67

bruceb wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:

How about you?

thats what the announcers were saying. They said the reason they see time wasting because Shurmur is waiting to get the playcall from Childress from the booth. Him waiting for the call he is waiting to call the player personnel for the play and than its causing the players from getting on the field in decent amount of time, than it leads to them flirting with a delay of game to much which leads to a timeout
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should make Phil Dawson the coach. Seems like he has to do everything anyways. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I honestly believe browns fans are not happy unless they are toaking about somebody sucking or claiming somebody needs to lose their job

So you think Shurmer has done a good job?

Do you think there is something positive to be happy about the past some odd years?

Nobody is happy to fire anyone. We want to win and taking no action means you are content with the current situation. Like the rest of everyone else there is no doubt bad coaching on game day. Bad decisions, bad play calling and we took 3 timeouts today because we didn't get the play in on time.

I think there is good and bad in everything, I try to look at the good in things, do I notice the bad yes but then I try to analyze what can be done and does the decision make a significant change. I dont think Firing Shurmur this far in the season does anything to significantly improve the team as the interim coach would still be from the current staff. does firing him now give us a better chance of hiring someone worth hiring at the moment? no it doesnt.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: