Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Haslam fire Shurmur now?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 24 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Other, and why?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
It won't translate to more wins, but lets be honest its not like keeping him is going to mean more wins either.

I'm not a fan of firing a HC mid season, but I'm less of a fan of keeping a HC in place when everyone knows he is gone. Dead man walking...

It will allow haslam and banner to start the coaching search sooner. NFL teams likely to be looking for a new coach next year include the browns, chiefs, chargers, jets... Maybe even New Orleans with Peyton likely to test the market. It wouldn't hurt to get in front of the line

No, it wont, unless you want to somethign dumb and hand over picks because you tampered with other NFL teams

Sorry genius, but tampering only applies when speaking to other nfl coaches currently under contract.

Yeah so lets go for those fired ones

good call

unless you're talking about the risky jump into NCAA which i think is dumb.

Your proclaimed prowess with numbers obviously doesn't translate to any with words and their meanings.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
It won't translate to more wins, but lets be honest its not like keeping him is going to mean more wins either.

I'm not a fan of firing a HC mid season, but I'm less of a fan of keeping a HC in place when everyone knows he is gone. Dead man walking...

It will allow haslam and banner to start the coaching search sooner. NFL teams likely to be looking for a new coach next year include the browns, chiefs, chargers, jets... Maybe even New Orleans with Peyton likely to test the market. It wouldn't hurt to get in front of the line

No, it wont, unless you want to somethign dumb and hand over picks because you tampered with other NFL teams

Sorry genius, but tampering only applies when speaking to other nfl coaches currently under contract.

good call

Very poor reading comprehension....
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruceb is my new favorite person in this forum. Shurmer needs to go.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

good call

Your proclaimed prowess with numbers obviously doesn't translate to any with words and their meanings.

no i understood it

if not current NFL coaches
he must be talking about
retired/fired former coaches
NCAA coaches
coaches on the browns

doubtful he's talking about the third category, and the first two are pretty dumb too, imo.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

good call

Very poor reading comprehension....

yeah not really
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firing him at this point is not going to do anything but create a distraction.... If we fire him all we are going to get is an interim coach. He more than likely will be fired after the season.
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

good call

no i understood it

he must be talking about
NCAA coaches
coaches on the browns

doubtful he's talking about the third category, and the first two are pretty dumb too, imo.

None of which would be tampering. Try again.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
Bruceb is my new favorite person in this forum. Shurmer needs to go.

That has to be a first. Ty!
TypicalBrowns10

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Firing him at this point is not going to do anything but create a distraction.... If we fire him all we are going to get is an interim coach. He more than likely will be fired after the season.

I dont care when he goes. Get him out of here.
Dawgpoun8017

I honestly believe browns fans are not happy unless they are toaking about somebody sucking or claiming somebody needs to lose their job
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

good call

no i understood it

he must be talking about
NCAA coaches
coaches on the browns

You apparently have no experince in human resources.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

good call

no i understood it

he must be talking about
NCAA coaches
coaches on the browns

So you think that being able to start the process earlier ONLY means interviewing coaches right now? You apparently have no experince in human resources.

you apparently have no insight if you think that joe banner hasn't already started the process
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I honestly believe browns fans are not happy unless they are toaking about somebody sucking or claiming somebody needs to lose their job

someone's on point
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
which i think is dumb.

While you may hold that opinion, let us keep that kind of response off the boards. Calling an idea or a statement dumb does not contribute or develop the conversation.

If you disagree, just go ahead and describe why. Calling something dumb doesn't add to the discussion, it only derails it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Please, Jimmy Haslam, fire Shurmur now Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
bruceb wrote:
I have seen all I need to see.

I say get rid of this idiot now.

Bye week is a good time for it...gives the temporary HC time.

How about you?

What would it accomplish?

Would firing Shurmur improve Brad Childress' play calling?
Would it improve our shoddy defense?

All it would do is change the name on the head coaches' parking spot until February.

I thought Pat said he was the one calling the plays?

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: