Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Discussion: 6-3, BYE WEEK!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18

9 targets and only 3 catches smh... It's a MUST that I make those plays! #DBA That's unacceptable...

In a way this makes me like Finley less. Laughing

Rolling Eyes

Good God. If you would have told me a year plus ago that Finley had become the new Jarrett Bush I would have said you're crazy.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
BartStarving

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to say this for fear of jinxing him into an injury but, T.J. Lang gets my game ball. The guy is a lifesaver.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18

9 targets and only 3 catches smh... It's a MUST that I make those plays! #DBA That's unacceptable...

Rolling Eyes

Good God. If you would have told me a year plus ago that Finley had become the new Jarrett Bush I would have said you're crazy.

Why is it we have to have a whipping boy on this team for fans to grouse about? For me if a player is wearing green and gold I'm a fan. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
I'm afraid to say this for fear of jinxing him into an injury but, T.J. Lang gets my game ball. The guy is a lifesaver.
Too late, TJ has ligament and muscle damage in his left arm/elbow and is wearing a brace right now.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How am I the first person to give Rodgers props for his best play of the game, aka him jumping on that Starks fumble??

What a football player.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18

Rolling Eyes

Not sure what you're rolling your eyes at. I supported Finley up until his most recent comments. He needs to shut his mouth.
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
How am I the first person to give Rodgers props for his best play of the game, aka him jumping on that Starks fumble??

What a football player.

Haha I think Rodge himself said that that was his best play of the game...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18

Rolling Eyes

The difference is Bush was a ST player on the back end of the DB corps who would struggle when pressed in to service he wasn't qualified for.

Finley thinks (and is paid like) he is an elite TE, while producing like a mediocre one and giving seriously questionable effort.

Bush didn't deserve the hate. Any player in his position on any roster in the league would have had troubles. He was living down to expectations. Finley on the other hand isn't living up to them. Yes alot of that's on him for running his mouth with things like his whole YOTTO BS and whatnot, but don't run your mouth if you can't back it up, and we aren't seeing him back it up.

I can forgive mistakes. Players are human, they screw up, but the breaking straw is how he is running lazy routes, rounding cuts, not coming back to the ball, not even TRYING to block, and just in general mailing it in. I have no patience for that kind of lazy effort, especially with that stupid price tag next year.

Get him gone!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

You're not. Go read few other threads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley is still just 25 but man is his effort maddening.

Think Tom Crabtree could end up being the starter next year? He can flex between TE and FB and with Jordy, James, Randall and maybe Greg the pass threat is still there as well as the flexibility.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
I have been one of the biggest Finley guys around. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday but a quick glance to the box score says that apparently the coaching staff has moved on from him. 1 catch for 6 yards? With Nelson and Jennings out you have to produce a lot more than that, plain and simple. Now I am still not in the camp that says to start Crabtree or Williams over him, although Crabtree is getting more snaps which he has earned. Finley needs to be on the field IMO. But in my line of thinking, right now Tyler Eifert in round 1 is looking real sexy.

Stop being a blind hater.

How is that being a blind hater? Top 2 WRs out and Finley barely saw the field, much less the ball. 2 years 14 mil is HUGE for a TE and is there any way you can justify that other than potential that was last really seen in 2009?

Chill Spill, I was just being facetious. He has been calling others haters for what he just said. I was just having some fun.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
I have been one of the biggest Finley guys around. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday but a quick glance to the box score says that apparently the coaching staff has moved on from him. 1 catch for 6 yards? With Nelson and Jennings out you have to produce a lot more than that, plain and simple. Now I am still not in the camp that says to start Crabtree or Williams over him, although Crabtree is getting more snaps which he has earned. Finley needs to be on the field IMO. But in my line of thinking, right now Tyler Eifert in round 1 is looking real sexy.

Stop being a blind hater.

How is that being a blind hater? Top 2 WRs out and Finley barely saw the field, much less the ball. 2 years 14 mil is HUGE for a TE and is there any way you can justify that other than potential that was last really seen in 2009?

Chill Spill, I was just being facetious. He has been calling others haters for what he just said. I was just having some fun.

Sorry hard to tell and some people actually ARE using that "blind hate" "you're just haters" for anyone who is fed up with Finley.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fans in the Zona forum are complaining about the refs... Laughing

Yep! The refs handed the Packers a win and are making up for the "seachickens" game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Anyways - What does everyone think about Brad Jones at ILB this year?

Sig brought to you by Justo
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

You're not. Go read few other threads.

Well, I meant this thread. So there.

Big ups to Brad Jones. I thought he was about the worst excuse for a MLB I'd ever seen. He's played well the last couple games.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
The big play to Crabtree- that is a good example of what happens when a guy gains the trust of his coaching staff and does something with his opportunities. Williams was running that route in TC. Crabtree has moved well ahead of DJ!!

I don't think it's really "Crabtree has moved ahead of Willliams." Crabtree was kind of always ahead of Williams, he was the #3 TE last year, and he's the #2 TE this year (and to call TE1 disappointing is an understatement.)

At this point, I'd be more concerned about Ryan Taylor lapping DJ Williams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: