Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Discussion: 6-3, BYE WEEK!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtariB20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
khodder wrote:
OPI??

Really, if we argued about every uncalled OPI foul, we'd have no time to talk about anything else regarding football.

It's the only foul in the rulebook that is actually chronically under-officiated, but the NFL won't make it a POI because it would inhibit scoring.

The guy isn't using it as an excuse... It was an OPI. Just like when Nick Perry had a sack that caused a fumble recovery Vs. the Colts and they called a penalty on it. We lost because of it, and we ate that **** up. Not like he's in here saying "OMG the refs are why we lost, this was an OPI and if not for that TD, we would have won"

Give him some slack, he's a Cards fan (Just messing khodder Wink )

Well, you can never say you lost because a penalty on the offense went uncalled. Were OPI called (as it should have been) on that play, it's not like it wouldn't still be third and goal, and we can't say for certain whether or not they would have scored a touchdown on third and goal from 10 yards back (or maybe there would have been an automatic first down penalty on the defense, leading to a new set of downs and a touchdown.) You can never say that had that drive not resulted in a touchdown that either side wouldn't have adjusted their playcalling later in the game, etc.

But that was OPI, and every single game I've seen this season has had multiple uncalled instances of offensive pass interference on both teams. It's chronically under-officiated.

I'm gonna get a little off topic from the game here, but I think it is definitely a combination of that (but more so) defensive PI just being way too over-officiated. I would rather let them battle for it any day. Both players have the same opportunity at the ball. That has nothing to do with this play though
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
I'm gonna get a little off topic from the game here, but I think it is definitely a combination of that (but more so) defensive PI just being way too over-officiated. I would rather let them battle for it any day. Both players have the same opportunity at the ball. That has nothing to do with this play though

That's definitely true. The fact that sometimes an offensive player committing OPI results in a flag called on the defender actively incentivizes committing that particular foul.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
We're good. This team is really good. Think about how dissatisfied we are, yet we're 6-3 and should be 7-2.

I have no concerns on offense. My biggest concern is the pass defense. I don't think John Skelton should pass for 300 yards on us. What's the problem? To me, it's either the safeties, the playcalling, communication, or a mix of those 3. I'm pleased with the corners, and we lead the league in sacks so we're getting pressure.

Get the pass D figured out and we're looking like the class of the NFC, I think.

My biggest worry is the health of too many guys!! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Has James Jones dropped ANYTHING this year? Dude is seriously ballin. The circus catches have been unreal.

He's had a couple but most of his catches this season have been spectacular to be sure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
These injuries just may end up being a blessing in disguise. Most (Jennings, Nelson, Kuhn, Benson, Bulaga?, Matthews, Perry, Woodson, Worthy, Shields, WOW!) should be back soon for the big push. Look at the valuable snaps some of these guys are getting (Cobb, Moses, Boykin, Daniels, etc.)

When we get back to full strength.....LOOK OUT!!

I would agree with this but I really want at very minimum 2-3 games for everyone to get on the same page.

I agree too but these mounting injuries every freaking week have been so frustratingly sad! We need this bye big time for certain.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerFanDan wrote:
Great win.

Would have been a bigger win too without that lucky crap int.

If any team deserves some good luck it's US!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18

9 targets and only 3 catches smh... It's a MUST that I make those plays! #DBA That's unacceptable...

In a way this makes me like Finley less. Laughing
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big play to Crabtree- that is a good example of what happens when a guy gains the trust of his coaching staff and does something with his opportunities. Williams was running that route in TC. Crabtree has moved well ahead of DJ!!

Anyone still think Finley is going to be around Titletown next year with that contract? Confused I don't.

Sure hope the Bulaga injury is not too serious. That did not look good from where I was sitting. I watched him in particular as that play unfolded and cringed. I doubt we will hear anything about the injuries until next week!
Swingdance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do have to like this win, Cards do have a good D. Just hope the bye week helps to get the injured players healthy. Tough schedule rest of the way.
Living in Cardinal land I was happy to watch the game at home. Go Pack!
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18

9 targets and only 3 catches smh... It's a MUST that I make those plays! #DBA That's unacceptable...

In a way this makes me like Finley less. Laughing

What's DBA?

Either way, this must be why Rodgers likes this guy so much: always says the right thing and always wants to be better. 2 TD's and he's still not happy with himself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been one of the biggest Finley guys around. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday but a quick glance to the box score says that apparently the coaching staff has moved on from him. 1 catch for 6 yards? With Nelson and Jennings out you have to produce a lot more than that, plain and simple. Now I am still not in the camp that says to start Crabtree or Williams over him, although Crabtree is getting more snaps which he has earned. Finley needs to be on the field IMO. But in my line of thinking, right now Tyler Eifert in round 1 is looking real sexy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I have been one of the biggest Finley guys around. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday but a quick glance to the box score says that apparently the coaching staff has moved on from him. 1 catch for 6 yards? With Nelson and Jennings out you have to produce a lot more than that, plain and simple. Now I am still not in the camp that says to start Crabtree or Williams over him, although Crabtree is getting more snaps which he has earned. Finley needs to be on the field IMO. But in my line of thinking, right now Tyler Eifert in round 1 is looking real sexy.

Stop being a blind hater.

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Stop being a blind hater.

How is that being a blind hater? Top 2 WRs out and Finley barely saw the field, much less the ball. 2 years 14 mil is HUGE for a TE and is there any way you can justify that other than potential that was last really seen in 2009?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was sarcasm methinks. Don't know why Finley keeps getting so much support. He's been really bad for awhile now.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
That was sarcasm methinks. Don't know why Finley keeps getting so much support. He's been really bad for awhile now.

sarcasm and the internet is almost always a bad idea. It's just too hard to tell.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: