Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This organisation is disgrace.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we know Locker won't get hurt again next season? Guess who will be our backup QB next year too.. Sad

I thought signing Hass to a 3 year contract was a good move. Now I hate it. I'm so sick of seeing Hass play. His absolute highest and best game is still pitiful compared to other backup QB's. Not to mention he gets sacked because he can't move, throws lofty balls that almost get picked off, and makes 3 yard completions all the fricking time.

I can't blame Locker for getting hurt, but god it sucks SOOO bad when he does because not only do we NOT know if we've got our QB of the future, but we also get stuck watching an old man play
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
How do we know Locker won't get hurt again next season? Guess who will be our backup QB next year too.. Sad

I thought signing Hass to a 3 year contract was a good move. Now I hate it. I'm so sick of seeing Hass play. His absolute highest and best game is still pitiful compared to other backup QB's. Not to mention he gets sacked because he can't move, throws lofty balls that almost get picked off, and makes 3 yard completions all the fricking time.

I can't blame Locker for getting hurt, but god it sucks SOOO bad when he does because not only do we NOT know if we've got our QB of the future, but we also get stuck watching an old man play

Question is how do you fix that....Do you draft another QB in the 2nd or something like that?
Pay bigger money for a younger vet?
Hope that Rusty is truly good? Cause if we base it off pre-season that is fool's gold. I mean. This team looked decent/to good in preseason...and we see how that is turning out...lol

Hass is what it it is...I can't hate him for being our backup. he filled in well for a limited time and now his time is out and still has to play due to Locker's injury.

next year if Locker gets hurt and say we don't have Hass, I don't see any FA QBs that just make it where I'm going to be thrilled they are our backup.
Backups are that for a reason. They not good enough to be the fulltime starter.
If Locker goes down again, we are up the creek again. Cause the rest of the team isn't good enough to carry itself.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no way in which Munch is fired during the season. If, IF he is fired it will be after the Super Bowl. The main reason? We have no one on our coaching staff I feel could even be a decent interm head coach.

Gray might be fired before the bye week if we get blown out again. Have Frank Bush call the plays, he's done a good job with the LB's. Give the guy a chance there.

If Palmer is fired, which I think it more unlikely than the other two, Loggains will have to step up and call the plays.

Potential Replacements:

Note: I threw in some college coaches because I really want someone fresh.

DC - Rex Ryan - Defensive Guru.
DC - Ron Rivera
DC/HC - Greg Mattison (Michigan) Really turned around the Wolverines D, Former Baltimore Ravens DC.

OC - Norv Turner - Credited with turning Troy Aikman into a HOF QB.
OC - Mike Leach (Texas A&M)
OC - Charlie Weis (Kansas) - Helped lead the Pats to a couple SB's as OC.

HC - Vic Fangio - 49er's DC, 'nuff said.
HC - Mark Richt (Georgia)
HC - Perry Fewell - Done a great job with the D in NY. Been a HC candidate for a while now.
HC - Kyle Shanahan - Very smart, son of Mike, creative offense in Washington with RGIII
HC - Chip Kelly (Oregon) - With the right DC under him, he could be a good coach, imo.
HC - John Gruden

Bottom line is we need to hire someone from outside. Someone who doesn't have any attachment to our players and/or scheme.
Bud needs to get out the checkbook and make something happen.
Kendall Wright - 14 catches 121 yards, TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
I see no way in which Munch is fired during the season. If, IF he is fired it will be after the Super Bowl. The main reason? We have no one on our coaching staff I feel could even be a decent interm head coach.

Gray might be fired before the bye week if we get blown out again. Have Frank Bush call the plays, he's done a good job with the LB's. Give the guy a chance there.

If Palmer is fired, which I think it more unlikely than the other two, Loggains will have to step up and call the plays.

Potential Replacements:

DC - Ron Rivera
DC/HC - Greg Mattison (Michigan) Really turned around the Wolverines D, Former Baltimore Ravens DC.

HC - Perry Fewell - Done a great job with the D in NY. Been a HC candidate for a while now.
HC - Kyle Shanahan - Very smart, son of Mike, creative offense in Washington with RGIII
HC - Chip Kelly (Oregon) - With the right DC under him, he could be a good coach, imo.
HC - John Gruden

Bottom line is we need to hire someone from outside. Someone who doesn't have any attachment to our players and/or scheme.

First of all, Leach doesn't even coach at Texas A&M. He's at Washington State and runs an Air Raid offense that--as far as I can tell--has never worked at the professional level. He wouldn't leave a head coaching gig to become an OC in the NFL. That's just not done.

Ron Rivera won't get fired after two years.
Rex Ryan will become an NFL HC again, most likely.
Mattison would be cool, but leaving the Ravens to go to Michigan must have happened for a reason.
Turner I wouldn't mind bringing in as an OC.
Weis left KC to go to Florida, then went to Kansas--all in three years. I doubt he's going to make another move so soon.

Fangio is a guy I could really see becoming a head coach here.
Richt won't leave Georgia -- and I wouldn't want him, either.
Perry Fewell I would really like I bring in.
Shanahan .... meh. He needs more time to develop.
Chip Kelly absolutely not.
Jon Gruden might come to Tennessee based on the Vols connection, but I'd see him heading to Neyland before LP Field -- besides, wouldn't want him.

Still surprised nobody's name dropping Hue Jackson.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Potential Replacements:

DC - Ron Rivera

HC - John Gruden

First of all, Leach doesn't even coach at Texas A&M. He's at Washington State and runs an Air Raid offense that--as far as I can tell--has never worked at the professional level. He wouldn't leave a head coaching gig to become an OC in the NFL. That's just not done.

Ron Rivera won't get fired after two years.
Rex Ryan will become an NFL HC again, most likely.
Mattison would be cool, but leaving the Ravens to go to Michigan must have happened for a reason.
Turner I wouldn't mind bringing in as an OC.
Weis left KC to go to Florida, then went to Kansas--all in three years. I doubt he's going to make another move so soon.

Fangio is a guy I could really see becoming a head coach here.
Richt won't leave Georgia -- and I wouldn't want him, either.
Perry Fewell I would really like I bring in.
Shanahan .... meh. He needs more time to develop.
Chip Kelly absolutely not.
Jon Gruden might come to Tennessee based on the Vols connection, but I'd see him heading to Neyland before LP Field -- besides, wouldn't want him.

Still surprised nobody's name dropping Hue Jackson.

I don't know why I said Leach, I had typed that and meant to delete it before posting. Embarassed

I think Weis would come back to the NFL it's pretty obvious he sucks at being a HC.
I've seen rave reviews on how Chip Kelly runs his team.
I wouldn't mind Hue Jackson, I forget about him because he isn't one of the big names out there.

What would you think of Rex being HC here? I wonder how much better he could do in a smaller market without all the media down his throat.

I wouldn't mind Russ Grimm either. He has 4 SB rings. He knows what it takes.
Kendall Wright - 14 catches 121 yards, TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Grimm is Mike Munchak i feel. Munchak knows what it takes too, he is a Hall of Famer. It's a matter can he translate that message to players.

Chip Kelly, I highly doubt that offense would work in the pros. He is pretty much "out talenting" people not so much coaching. When you have 4.3 guys at every skill position and they know how to move and the other team has 4.7 guys. It makes a difference.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I want this thing blow up and started again... I just don't know if that's the best idea now.

I'm actually not down on Palmer as most of you are. I like what he's doing with the offense. He's limited what he can do with Hasselbeck's arm strength... but he's putting the players in a position to succeed. I think once Locker returns, the offense will be what we think it can be... especially now that the OL and CJ look like they've gotten into gear.

Gray, I just don't know. He's got all the talent there, maybe missing an UT and a SS... but the rest of the talent is there... 2 good DE's, a very stout DT rotation, a very good young trio of LBrs, good CB duo, and the FS he approved giving a multi year contract to... yet the team has given up 309 points already... almost as many as they gave up all of last year.

He has to be the sacrifical lamb... but other than doing the impossible... stealing Phillips from the Texans... I don't have a clue as to who the replacement would be.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
As much as I want this thing blow up and started again... I just don't know if that's the best idea now.

I'm actually not down on Palmer as most of you are. I like what he's doing with the offense. He's limited what he can do with Hasselbeck's arm strength... but he's putting the players in a position to succeed. I think once Locker returns, the offense will be what we think it can be... especially now that the OL and CJ look like they've gotten into gear.

Gray, I just don't know. He's got all the talent there, maybe missing an UT and a SS... but the rest of the talent is there... 2 good DE's, a very stout DT rotation, a very good young trio of LBrs, good CB duo, and the FS he approved giving a multi year contract to... yet the team has given up 309 points already... almost as many as they gave up all of last year.

He has to be the sacrifical lamb... but other than doing the impossible... stealing Phillips from the Texans... I don't have a clue as to who the replacement would be.

Id be okay with that first we take there franchise now we take there saviour Laughing as long as we get somebody outside of the franchise ill be okay with anything.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

I agree about Palmer. Not saying he's the best or anything, but he doesn't have his QB playing. Even with Hass at the helm you can see the glimpses of what's possible. If they could just knock off the stupid mistakes and keep Locker on the field, I think they'd have something. Neither of those issues is on Palmer, IMO.

But you can't see glimpses of anything good from the defense. For me, Gray's failure is as simple as this: the Titans are one of the worst tackling teams I have ever seen. I grant you, I haven't seen every football game ever played. But I have seen quite a few games, and truly this team is about the worst bunch of tacklers I've ever seen. The fact that it's not improving at all is entirely on Gray, IMO. On top of that, some of the personnel moves are just head scratchers: Griffin at SS, Campbell/Mouton/Sensabaugh at nickelback, benching Babineaux because he can't tackle but then putting him right back in... what the hell is he doing? Seems like he's just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep Palmer for another year because I do believe this offense has top 10 potential. Gray on the other hand needs to go. I'd like Mangini as DC but not at HC. We'd be switching to a 3-4 under Mangini. Another possible candidate at DC is Romeo Crennell. He's not a good HC but he's a hell of a DC. Both would be great fits but my main guy I want is Rex. Long shot I know, but I can dream. Time for a defensive scheme switch to a 3-4. Morgan and Casey at the ends. Draft Star Lotulelei to be our NT. move Wimbley to WOLB. Move Brown to WILB and keep Ayers at SOLB with McCarthy manning down SILB. Brown really is the odd man out because idk if he'd be able to ILB in a 3-4. It's worth a shot though.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I'd keep Palmer for another year because I do believe this offense has top 10 potential. Gray on the other hand needs to go. I'd like Mangini as DC but not at HC. We'd be switching to a 3-4 under Mangini. Another possible candidate at DC is Romeo Crennell. He's not a good HC but he's a hell of a DC. Both would be great fits but my main guy I want is Rex. Long shot I know, but I can dream. Time for a defensive scheme switch to a 3-4. Morgan and Casey at the ends. Draft Star Lotulelei to be our NT. move Wimbley to WOLB. Move Brown to WILB and keep Ayers at SOLB with McCarthy manning down SILB. Brown really is the odd man out because idk if he'd be able to ILB in a 3-4. It's worth a shot though.

I like the idea of bringing in Mangini as well. In this case, I'd definitely use Ayers like UCLA did and have him blitzing like he used to in their 3-4 and let Brown stay in coverage. Casey would also feel right at home being back in a 3-4.
VY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty clear that not one person or thing that is the root cause of all these issues. It all starts at the top, but as the only change with Bud would be passing on, not much good focusing there.

My issue, from the last few years of the Fish era to now, has been the conservative, almost spineless culture that has permeated from the F.O. to coaching to player selection. While it's completely rational that all involved are just trying to keep their paychecks rolling in, it's led to a lot of slack in judgement and a "wait-and-see" mentality. I'm actually interested to see how this shakes out. Whether it's the same old piecemeal / patch-up changes that result in no noticeable fixes, or a clean sweep of MR, Weber, Munch & Co, etc.

I'm sure they're all nice people, however they've been able to slide with mediocre performance for far too long. Fisher & his cronies were career survivalists after the early 2000's. It's time we take a chance and try to get the right people in place, as opposed to sticking with the status quo.
VY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
You can clean house and still build around Locker. The Colts have certainly added talent since, and let's face it: Hasselbeck is a better quarterback than Prime Time Painter.

You can't just sit there and look at this and go: "Oh yeah, Jake Locker is the savior and he will lead us to salvation." Guys, the team only won one game with him under center. His first two starts, he got blown out just like Hasselbeck did today.

I don't understand why anyone thinks it's going to be any different when he comes back. This isn't a quarterback issue. Having a quarterback is nice, but this is a total team issue. This is a preparation issue.

What happened today was an embarrassment. That game was never even a contest. The Titans need to cut their losses and blow up this poor excuse of a football team.

The one thing you're discounting RE: Rebuilding around Locker is that the new leadership believes in him as the answer. By default drafting a new QB would likely ensure 3 years for all involved, so unless the new people feel he's a legitimate franchise guy he may be on the chopping block as well.

I'm admittedly not a fan of Locker. I just look around the league and when I see successful QB's, guys with erratic accuracy and little pocket presence aren't lighting up league-wide. But what I do notice is a plethora of guys with three years or less tearing it up weekly. Clearly Locker needs these last 8 games to prove himself, and with the way our defense plays he should be able to throw a bunch. Hopefully they can just keep his jersey clean.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/titans-assistant-everyone-is-scared-by-adams-comments/

What a piece of garbage organization this is. Pathetic
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/titans-assistant-everyone-is-scared-by-adams-comments/

What a piece of garbage organization this is. Pathetic

Do their jobs and they wouldn't have to be looking for other places to go. Looking more and more like we'll be cleaning house. We'll still be stuck with Griffin though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: