Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad play calls and bad execution. I think this is really on every offensive coach and player. this offense hasn't once this year taken control of a game. the only time they do well is with a lead or with a huge momentum shift from a defensive touchdown (I don't think the offense has ever scored while being down).

and also we get jason campbell and he looks like caleb hanie. He looks like he doesn't know the plays, too scared to take a shot, and that he is unprepared to come in and play. I don't know what he does at practice every week.

it's only one game and the bears are 7-2, but I think their success is only due to a ridiculously good defensive effort and lackluster offense

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
bears2308

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense was actually looking pretty good had Bush and Davis held onto the ball. I feel like we beat ourselves last night. Marshall dropping the touchdown, Bush fumbling, Davis, Forte, and Hester dropping easy first downs....

We NEED Alshon back next week. Hester can't catch worth a damn and had Jeffery been in his place last night we could be 8-1.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
I'm not for canning Tice after this season, but if he continues what i seen tonight against the Texans, my mind will be changed. Bad game by Tice, but losing Cutler and then you got to add in the Weather..... excuses, excuses.... there running thin.

Tice needs to show that he can adjust better and call better games going down the road. I don't want his head on a platter, but his leash should be severely shortened.

i just don't want to see new OC year after year like Alex Smith seen for 8 years.
Tice has little to do with this loss. You cannot turn the ball over four times in a half and win. Unless you have an offense like GB or NE.
We are NOWHERE close to that. Changing our co-ordinator will not improve the building process or hasten in. Until our offense is mature it will have trouble coming from behind without the defense's heroics.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a lot to blame to spread around on offence,

1. Cutler, he is suppose to be elite but other than a last 2nd drive against the Panthers when this season has he put us on his back. We are turning the ball over early and we get a 3rd drive and he throws a terrible pick.

2. Tice, I see nothing dynamic in the play calling and he does not adjust to the situation. If Campbell is checking down too much take away the check down.

3. Davis, what a brutal TE and his fumble killed our momentum and then his drop killed a drive.

4. Hester, Jeffery gets injured and he provides 0 threat across from Marshall.
A_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Until our offense is mature it will have trouble coming from behind without the defense's heroics.

The following numbers are taken from ESPN.

Offensive Starters Years of experience

Defensive Starters Years of experience

How long should we give our offense to mature because in 3 years they will be considered old? The only parts of this offense that are not mature are the RT (essentially a rookie) and the play caller (first year as offensive coordinator). We are wasting the prime years of the stars on our offense and the last few good years of our defensive captains in order to let the Offensive Coordinator learn on the job how to call a game well.

As a comparison, here is another team.

This team looks comparable in years of experience, yet they are the more mature Green Bay offense. The difference is not maturity. It's talent and play calling.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A_Fan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Until our offense is mature it will have trouble coming from behind without the defense's heroics.

The following numbers are taken from ESPN.

Defensive Starters Years of experience

How long should we give our offense to mature because in 3 years they will be considered old? The only parts of this offense that are not mature are the RT (essentially a rookie) and the play caller (first year as offensive coordinator). We are wasting the prime years of the stars on our offense and the last few good years of our defensive captains in order to let the Offensive Coordinator learn on the job how to call a game well.

As a comparison, here is another team.

This team looks comparable in years of experience, yet they are the more mature Green Bay offense. The difference is not maturity. It's talent and play calling.

The difference is Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: