Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18903
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Dude, you had the evidence in front of you and you STILL got it wrong. I don't know why you keep doing this. Its getting annoying because all I'm doing is correcting your mistakes. Overall point production, as in the amount of points the team scores as a whole. I expressed concern about the amount of points we are scoring on offense and stating the fact that when the D doesn't just set up drives on a silver platter for us(like the Lions game that Furious George pointed out) we struggle to score. It is unreal that you just gloss over the fact that I pointed out how badly you misquote me constantly, only to try to "trap" me again, and fail miserably at it once again.
Actually the Bears have like 7 or 8 90+ yard drives this year. The issue is not really inability to move the football, the issue is scoring TDs instead of FGs. The O is scoring 2 TDs and 3 FGs per game, we need to turn one of those FGs into a TD and we become a top 10 scoring offense.
Yeah, that isn't unreasonable Supe. I would really like to see 1 or 2 more drives with TDs instead of field goals like you said, coupled with scoring drives EARLY in games, and not an offense that seems totally inept in first halves, and much better in second halves.
#1 concern for me is eliminating the self inflicted wounds on first down. 1st and 15, 1st and 20 make it really hard to move the chains.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Dude, you had the evidence in front of you and you STILL got it wrong. I don't know why you keep doing this. Its getting annoying because all I'm doing is correcting your mistakes. Overall point production, as in the amount of points the team scores as a whole. I expressed concern about the amount of points we are scoring on offense and stating the fact that when the D doesn't just set up drives on a silver platter for us(like the Lions game that Furious George pointed out) we struggle to score. It is unreal that you just gloss over the fact that I pointed out how badly you misquote me constantly, only to try to "trap" me again, and fail miserably at it once again.


You mean 23.3 PPG that the offence is scoring after taking away the 7 scores the D has contributed...you are annoyed that our offence alone has scored 23.3 PPG 8 games into a new offence?...not only that but you are back to this ridiculous excuse about the D setting us up in good field position…again that’s their job the same way as it’s the special teams job to set us up in good field position or to pin opposing teams deep to help our D out…it’s a 3 phase game…what is unreal is your continuance to go out your way to try and prove that Tice is doing such a bad job even tho we are scoring more points on offence along per game than the entire team managed last season per game.
Yet again you misrepresent my arguments. Its one thing if we disagree and debate something, but constantly misquoting and misrepresenting me is just annoying dude. Not only that, but when I point it out you don't even admit it. Come on dude. In this post alone you say that I am trying to prove Tice is doing such a bad job. Just because I question some of our playcalling doesn't at all mean that I am saying Tice is doing a bad job. Never said that. Once again I spend the majority of a post not in good debate about an issue, but correcting your errors in what was said. Seriously, I'm genuinely asking you, can you stick to what I actually say instead of jumping to conclusions that aren't even accurate?
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22521
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Dude, you had the evidence in front of you and you STILL got it wrong. I don't know why you keep doing this. Its getting annoying because all I'm doing is correcting your mistakes. Overall point production, as in the amount of points the team scores as a whole. I expressed concern about the amount of points we are scoring on offense and stating the fact that when the D doesn't just set up drives on a silver platter for us(like the Lions game that Furious George pointed out) we struggle to score. It is unreal that you just gloss over the fact that I pointed out how badly you misquote me constantly, only to try to "trap" me again, and fail miserably at it once again.


You mean 23.3 PPG that the offence is scoring after taking away the 7 scores the D has contributed...you are annoyed that our offence alone has scored 23.3 PPG 8 games into a new offence?...not only that but you are back to this ridiculous excuse about the D setting us up in good field position…again that’s their job the same way as it’s the special teams job to set us up in good field position or to pin opposing teams deep to help our D out…it’s a 3 phase game…what is unreal is your continuance to go out your way to try and prove that Tice is doing such a bad job even tho we are scoring more points on offence along per game than the entire team managed last season per game.
Yet again you misrepresent my arguments. Its one thing if we disagree and debate something, but constantly misquoting and misrepresenting me is just annoying dude. Not only that, but when I point it out you don't even admit it. Come on dude. In this post alone you say that I am trying to prove Tice is doing such a bad job. Just because I question some of our playcalling doesn't at all mean that I am saying Tice is doing a bad job. Never said that. Once again I spend the majority of a post not in good debate about an issue, but correcting your errors in what was said. Seriously, I'm genuinely asking you, can you stick to what I actually say instead of jumping to conclusions that aren't even accurate?


Again I would refer you back to your earlier statement that was the one thing I actually responded to you on which was your concern that we couldn’t consistently score points…that’s what you said right?...I pointed out that you were wrong in saying that as we are the #3 scoring team in the NFL…that was all I pointed out in my original post…you have then went off on tangents about me “misquoting” you…which I didn’t do in the first place…you said we couldn’t consistently score…the facts say you are wrong.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite literally from the 2nd post rebuttal you started misquoting me. Do you really deny this? Come on man. I wouldn't at all have a problem if our argument stayed with the numbers you posted and I stuck with my argument that you those numbers don't accurately represent the offense's production. But YOU are the one who went on tangents when you started talking about things that I never said.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22521
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Quite literally from the 2nd post rebuttal you started misquoting me. Do you really deny this? Come on man. I wouldn't at all have a problem if our argument stayed with the numbers you posted and I stuck with my argument that you those numbers don't accurately represent the offense's production. But YOU are the one who went on tangents when you started talking about things that I never said.


Again I didn’t misquote in any way the 2nd time I responded to you…you said my own stat was misleading…which it isn’t because as a team we are the 3rd highest in the NFL…there is nothing misleading about that because you stated we couldn’t score consistently which is wrong…all I point out was that the D had a lot to do with our high scoring…would you disagree with that? Then in that 2nd response you said you were complaining about the offence…but I then pointed out that our offence is scoring more points per game this year than the entire team did as a whole last year…you then said in that 2nd post that the D set us up in great field position…which I somewhat agree with but as Sup has pointed out we have moved the ball from deep on a number of occasions…and again I would agree that at times the offence has been inconsistent…but that wasn’t what you said in the 1st post which I responded too…you said…

Quote:
Your qb getting sacked 3rd most in the NFL, and not being able to consistently score is not overreacting. Its called discussing what the weaknesses are with your team.


There is nothing in that statement about the offence being inconsistent…I agree Jay is under too much pressure and is being sacked too often…as for the other point you made about us not being able to score consistently it is factually wrong as the stats confirm.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha I was wrong. It wasn't until the bottom of page 3 that you started to misquote me. See, I can admit when I make a mistake. Its not that hard.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22521
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Ha ha I was wrong. It wasn't until the bottom of page 3 that you started to misquote me. See, I can admit when I make a mistake. Its not that hard.


Do you mean this post?…

Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.


As I and others have said the fact we have a thread asking who our next OC will be after 8 games where we have scored the 3rd highest amount of points in the NFL is...well pointless...you can presume that we will eventually have to move the ball on a long field but what gives you that belief?...through the first 8 games the D and ST have given the O good starting field position...you act like that is a bad thing...why would that change over the next 8 games and hopefully playoff games after that unless you expect the D to fall off...something that there have been no indication of.


Ok let me break it down for you…

Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns…now that is a presumption…it’s a presumption because in the first 8 games of the season as you yourself has said the D & ST have put the offence in good field position on a number of occasions…that is a statement which 8 games into the season has proof to back it up…now I asked you if you thought the reason we would have to move the ball more often on long fields was because you felt the D was going to fall off? But you didn’t answer that question…then you say that the offence isn’t being as productive as it should be…how do you define production? Yards? Because if that is how you define production then you have to take into account the starting field position into account…if we are starting in good field position then how can we put up a ton of yards? Personally I define offensive production by scores…the same as I define defensive production not by the amount of yards we allow…but by the amount of points we allow.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7861
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.
It has been repeatedly pointed out that this offense is a work in progress. NO ONE has claimed it is as good as it should/could be.

All that takes patience to perfect.

Do you seriously believe there is something that can be done now?
Yet again you misquote me. Since I did not quote you I could not have MISquoted you. I never once said that anyone did say the offense is as good as it should be now. No but those critical of our offense at this point seem to ignore the fact that it is a work in progress including the O line. I also never said that we could really make player changes that would help us at this point. That is good to hear. My point is that we have been satisfied with Webb mostly, but others historically when we had no business going into a season trusting that they would be anywhere near consistent.
It is good to see there is a point. Not that it is a relevant point but it is at least a point. It is false, however, since the Bears have been trying to get a better line together for several years now. Lack of success is not the same as lack of trying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7861
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.
It has been repeatedly pointed out that this offense is a work in progress. NO ONE has claimed it is as good as it should/could be.

All that takes patience to perfect.

Do you seriously believe there is something that can be done now?
Panic is absolutely the way to go here. Oh, wait a second, I never said that. I already have one person here who misquotes me constantly, I don't need more than that Al. My complaints about the line have everything to do with the offseason, and just because I point out the fact that they are the weakest link to our team right now in no way means that we are supposed to be making some mad dash for the Vince Papale of Olinemen. We have rabbit trailed a bit here, but to try to bring it all back, we have to protect Cutler better if we are going to score with consistency on offense. These games where he can't even take a 3 step drop, hit his back foot and release without getting decked like in the late 2nd quarter of the Titans game, are going to spell bad news for us against better quality teams. The solution HAS to be better playcalling at this point, things like rolling the pocket, and everything that AZ mentioned earlier in his most recent posts in this thread.
I have not misquoted you, nor misrepresented you. All I have done is pointed out that those expecting a better offense at this point are unrealistic. You seem to be in that camp since you are complaining about the offense.

Me? I am a little disappointed but understand what is going on so I don't let it get to me. Conventional Wisdom was we would be a House on Fire offense and, contrary to my knowing better, let myself get swept up in it, too.

Half these sacks can be attributed to other factors than the line, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.
It has been repeatedly pointed out that this offense is a work in progress. NO ONE has claimed it is as good as it should/could be.

All that takes patience to perfect.

Do you seriously believe there is something that can be done now?
Panic is absolutely the way to go here. Oh, wait a second, I never said that. I already have one person here who misquotes me constantly, I don't need more than that Al. My complaints about the line have everything to do with the offseason, and just because I point out the fact that they are the weakest link to our team right now in no way means that we are supposed to be making some mad dash for the Vince Papale of Olinemen. We have rabbit trailed a bit here, but to try to bring it all back, we have to protect Cutler better if we are going to score with consistency on offense. These games where he can't even take a 3 step drop, hit his back foot and release without getting decked like in the late 2nd quarter of the Titans game, are going to spell bad news for us against better quality teams. The solution HAS to be better playcalling at this point, things like rolling the pocket, and everything that AZ mentioned earlier in his most recent posts in this thread.
I have not misquoted you, nor misrepresented you. All I have done is pointed out that those expecting a better offense at this point are unrealistic. You seem to be in that camp since you are complaining about the offense.

Me? I am a little disappointed but understand what is going on so I don't let it get to me. Conventional Wisdom was we would be a House on Fire offense and, contrary to my knowing better, let myself get swept up in it, too.

Half these sacks can be attributed to other factors than the line, too.
Ha ha, clearly I have dealt with MM90 waaaay too much. When you said, "Do you seriously believe something can be done now?" I took it to mean that you meant that I said something SHOULD be done now. My apologies.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7861
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.
It has been repeatedly pointed out that this offense is a work in progress. NO ONE has claimed it is as good as it should/could be.

All that takes patience to perfect.

Do you seriously believe there is something that can be done now?
Panic is absolutely the way to go here. Oh, wait a second, I never said that. I already have one person here who misquotes me constantly, I don't need more than that Al. My complaints about the line have everything to do with the offseason, and just because I point out the fact that they are the weakest link to our team right now in no way means that we are supposed to be making some mad dash for the Vince Papale of Olinemen. We have rabbit trailed a bit here, but to try to bring it all back, we have to protect Cutler better if we are going to score with consistency on offense. These games where he can't even take a 3 step drop, hit his back foot and release without getting decked like in the late 2nd quarter of the Titans game, are going to spell bad news for us against better quality teams. The solution HAS to be better playcalling at this point, things like rolling the pocket, and everything that AZ mentioned earlier in his most recent posts in this thread.
I have not misquoted you, nor misrepresented you. All I have done is pointed out that those expecting a better offense at this point are unrealistic. You seem to be in that camp since you are complaining about the offense.

Me? I am a little disappointed but understand what is going on so I don't let it get to me. Conventional Wisdom was we would be a House on Fire offense and, contrary to my knowing better, let myself get swept up in it, too.

Half these sacks can be attributed to other factors than the line, too.
Ha ha, clearly I have dealt with MM90 waaaay too much. When you said, "Do you seriously believe something can be done now?" I took it to mean that you meant that I said something SHOULD be done now. My apologies.
N. P. My impatience detector sometimes gets super sensitive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 16779
Location: CalhounLambeau on teh sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup ChicagoAl? Im bored
_________________


PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7861
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Sup ChicagoAl? Im bored
I'm sure a nice brawl will break out any time now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1385
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not for canning Tice after this season, but if he continues what i seen tonight against the Texans, my mind will be changed. Bad game by Tice, but losing Cutler and then you got to add in the Weather..... excuses, excuses.... there running thin.


Tice needs to show that he can adjust better and call better games going down the road. I don't want his head on a platter, but his leash should be severely shortened.


i just don't want to see new OC year after year like Alex Smith seen for 8 years.
_________________

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9653
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually feel like Mike Tice is regressing.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group