Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19126
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I can see when someone isnt improving. Im not the only one who has been seeing this.


Who are you saying isnt improving?? Its pretty much accepted that Webb is improving, Carimi is a rookie, and Louis continues to improve. Once again Im just not sure what you guys are saying is the solution. You want us to draft another OL? Because we would be picking late again this year and I doubt any rookie would be better than the guys we have.


Well that would be obvious if you had read the post he was replying to. Im talking about Gabe Carimi. No he isnt a rookie and no he isnt improving in both facets of the game. Yes he is a huge liability right now and teams are keying in on that(as was pointed out during the game). I know some might find this shocking. But he may not actually be cut out for starting.

Thats some nice logic there. Well we drafted one guy and he isnt panning out. Lets not draft anymore because who knows....he might actually bust. Thats not how a GM operates. Yes I am for drafting more O line. What kind of silly question is that? The problem isnt fixed.What did you think 1 guy who cant play RT at a average level was all we needed?


Haha, I know he isnt a rookie, im pretty sure you know what I mean Rolling Eyes

Anyway though as far as the draft, Your logic is sort of what the Lions did during their magical run of 1st round WR's, although they did wind up with Megatron at the end so, hey, I guess your theory isnt totally nuts.


Problem with that is the Lions had other major problems while they were drafting WRs(Part of the reason why Millen was fired). Our MAJOR problem is our offensive line.One of the most important parts of football.That problem isnt fixed with the guys we have now and thats very clear.

What people need to understand on here is change sometimes is good.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5231
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I can see when someone isnt improving. Im not the only one who has been seeing this.


Who are you saying isnt improving?? Its pretty much accepted that Webb is improving, Carimi is a rookie, and Louis continues to improve. Once again Im just not sure what you guys are saying is the solution. You want us to draft another OL? Because we would be picking late again this year and I doubt any rookie would be better than the guys we have.


Well that would be obvious if you had read the post he was replying to. Im talking about Gabe Carimi. No he isnt a rookie and no he isnt improving in both facets of the game. Yes he is a huge liability right now and teams are keying in on that(as was pointed out during the game). I know some might find this shocking. But he may not actually be cut out for starting.

Thats some nice logic there. Well we drafted one guy and he isnt panning out. Lets not draft anymore because who knows....he might actually bust. Thats not how a GM operates. Yes I am for drafting more O line. What kind of silly question is that? The problem isnt fixed.What did you think 1 guy who cant play RT at a average level was all we needed?


Haha, I know he isnt a rookie, im pretty sure you know what I mean Rolling Eyes

Anyway though as far as the draft, Your logic is sort of what the Lions did during their magical run of 1st round WR's, although they did wind up with Megatron at the end so, hey, I guess your theory isnt totally nuts.


Problem with that is the Lions had other major problems while they were drafting WRs(Part of the reason why Millen was fired). Our MAJOR problem is our offensive line.One of the most important parts of football.That problem isnt fixed with the guys we have now and thats very clear.


True.....I dont really know how else to argue it, I simply just dont think a rookie would out play the guys we have now. Also I think we are differing on Carimi, your pretty much saying he is done already it sounds like, Im at least willing to give him 16 games.
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19126
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I can see when someone isnt improving. Im not the only one who has been seeing this.


Who are you saying isnt improving?? Its pretty much accepted that Webb is improving, Carimi is a rookie, and Louis continues to improve. Once again Im just not sure what you guys are saying is the solution. You want us to draft another OL? Because we would be picking late again this year and I doubt any rookie would be better than the guys we have.


Well that would be obvious if you had read the post he was replying to. Im talking about Gabe Carimi. No he isnt a rookie and no he isnt improving in both facets of the game. Yes he is a huge liability right now and teams are keying in on that(as was pointed out during the game). I know some might find this shocking. But he may not actually be cut out for starting.

Thats some nice logic there. Well we drafted one guy and he isnt panning out. Lets not draft anymore because who knows....he might actually bust. Thats not how a GM operates. Yes I am for drafting more O line. What kind of silly question is that? The problem isnt fixed.What did you think 1 guy who cant play RT at a average level was all we needed?


Haha, I know he isnt a rookie, im pretty sure you know what I mean Rolling Eyes

Anyway though as far as the draft, Your logic is sort of what the Lions did during their magical run of 1st round WR's, although they did wind up with Megatron at the end so, hey, I guess your theory isnt totally nuts.


Problem with that is the Lions had other major problems while they were drafting WRs(Part of the reason why Millen was fired). Our MAJOR problem is our offensive line.One of the most important parts of football.That problem isnt fixed with the guys we have now and thats very clear.


True.....I dont really know how else to argue it, I simply just dont think a rookie would out play the guys we have now. Also I think we are differing on Carimi, your pretty much saying he is done already it sounds like, Im at least willing to give him 16 games.


He isnt done. But he better pick it up quick. He has been getting pretty close to getting Cutler seriously injured. With our next few opponents if he doesnt pick it up thats a scenario which could very well happen. Unless Mike Tice pulls the plug quickly to let that from happening.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
1. The Bears have had too many OC's recently.

2. Nothing wrong with Mike Tice. X's and O's are not the problem.

3. The Bears do not have enough talent on the O-line and at receiver. The top talent is on defense and ST's.

Have Cutler run gadget plays (some might hit), punt, let ST's and D win it. Wink
Bears have a lot of talent at WR, need to stop recycling this argument.
We have almost no production at WR other than Marshall.
Bennett has disappeared, they never throw deep to Hester. Without Jeffrey we don't have anyone producing.

We clearly could use Johnny Knox.
Bennett as a #3 is averaging 3 rec 40 yds per game. How many #3s do you think are producing more?
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 7327
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
1. The Bears have had too many OC's recently.

2. Nothing wrong with Mike Tice. X's and O's are not the problem.

3. The Bears do not have enough talent on the O-line and at receiver. The top talent is on defense and ST's.

Have Cutler run gadget plays (some might hit), punt, let ST's and D win it. Wink
Bears have a lot of talent at WR, need to stop recycling this argument.
We have almost no production at WR other than Marshall.
Bennett has disappeared, they never throw deep to Hester. Without Jeffrey we don't have anyone producing.

We clearly could use Johnny Knox.
Bennett as a #3 is averaging 3 rec 40 yds per game. How many #3s do you think are producing more?


Johnny Knox is a tough kid and was a gutsy WR. But, geez, health has it's benefits. Coach college receivers. Teach X's and O's. Time to fold em.

Jeffries is an eye openner. He looks good. Hester might be near the HoF with a few more punts and kicks.

If Marshall is the #1 and Bennett is the #3, ummm... Wink
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I just can't quote again because these quotes not working is really getting hard to read. Pointing out glaring deficiencies year after year in the Oline is not whining, its talking about reality. According to some, Al in particular, if we just stick with the line we have for another 7 years, they will all be hall of famers at that point. That is not reality. In reality you need good players to make good lines. Does time together help, sure. Does it magically make them competent when they just plain aren't...no.


My whole thing with the OL is that these players your talking about DONT exist. Like who are you talking about the Bears get to play OL, haha, and honestly lets say somehow we do get a big money OL, when was the last time a big FA OL actually made a difference for a team???

No one is saying we have hall of famers, it just makes no sense complaining about the OL when there seriously is like no solutions, we have to work with what we have and what we have is a young, big, athletic group of OL's.
Oh, I see quality Olinemen don't exist. That makes sense. We should just never try to get another one ever. Gotcha. You make it sound like this is a new problem. Wake up dude, our line has been bad for years.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DABEARSLCF04


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1396
Location: Eatonia, SK, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense is not getting 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing every game, its the end of the world. Tice needs to be fired mid season...... Call for his head on a on a plater...





OVER REACTION ! !!!! !
_________________

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
22att for 97 yards 4.4avg. HALL OF FAME!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
The offense is not getting 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing every game, its the end of the world. Tice needs to be fired mid season...... Call for his head on a on a plater...





OVER REACTION ! !!!! !
Your qb getting sacked 3rd most in the NFL, and not being able to consistently score is not overreacting. Its called discussing what the weaknesses are with your team. I love how everytime you talk about something that this team needs to work on its automatically labeled as overreaction. Laughing
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
The offense is not getting 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing every game, its the end of the world. Tice needs to be fired mid season...... Call for his head on a on a plater...





OVER REACTION ! !!!! !
Your qb getting sacked 3rd most in the NFL, and not being able to consistently score is not overreacting. Its called discussing what the weaknesses are with your team. I love how everytime you talk about something that this team needs to work on its automatically labeled as overreaction. Laughing


3rd highest scoring team in the NFL...29.5 PPG and yes the D has alot to do with that but that's why it's called a team sport...even if you were to take away the 49 points the D has scored we would still average more PPG than 17 teams in the NFL at over 23.3 PPG.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
The offense is not getting 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing every game, its the end of the world. Tice needs to be fired mid season...... Call for his head on a on a plater...





OVER REACTION ! !!!! !
Your qb getting sacked 3rd most in the NFL, and not being able to consistently score is not overreacting. Its called discussing what the weaknesses are with your team. I love how everytime you talk about something that this team needs to work on its automatically labeled as overreaction. Laughing


3rd highest scoring team in the NFL...29.5 PPG and yes the D has alot to do with that but that's why it's called a team sport...even if you were to take away the 49 points the D has scored we would still average more PPG than 17 teams in the NFL at over 23.3 PPG.
You answered your own misleading stat. I never complained about the defense, or the fact that we have scored. I complained about the offense. Again, the defense set us up for nearly every score we got on Sunday with drives starting inside the redzone because of takeaways. Acting like the offense isn't inconsistent at very best is living in denial.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
The offense is not getting 400 yards passing and 200 yards rushing every game, its the end of the world. Tice needs to be fired mid season...... Call for his head on a on a plater...





OVER REACTION ! !!!! !
Your qb getting sacked 3rd most in the NFL, and not being able to consistently score is not overreacting. Its called discussing what the weaknesses are with your team. I love how everytime you talk about something that this team needs to work on its automatically labeled as overreaction. Laughing


3rd highest scoring team in the NFL...29.5 PPG and yes the D has alot to do with that but that's why it's called a team sport...even if you were to take away the 49 points the D has scored we would still average more PPG than 17 teams in the NFL at over 23.3 PPG.
You answered your own misleading stat. I never complained about the defense, or the fact that we have scored. I complained about the offense. Again, the defense set us up for nearly every score we got on Sunday with drives starting inside the redzone because of takeaways. Acting like the offense isn't inconsistent at very best is living in denial.


No I answered you before you had the chance to point out the D has a lot to do with our scoring…as I said that is why it is called a team game…it’s the job of the defence to get the offence the ball in the best possible position and no apologies should be made for that…also as I pointed out if you take away the defensive scoring we are still averaging over 23 points per game…considering this is a new offence with new personal and is only 8 games old it is naïve to expect anything more.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, again, you gave a misleading stat, and gave the reason why it is misleading. I never said anything about the D, because I didn't need to. Our D is kicking some serious butt. You give the stat about our scoring without defensive points, but that discounts the times when we are set up to score on short fields countless times by the D, and given multiple possesions with 3 and outs by that D.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
No, again, you gave a misleading stat, and gave the reason why it is misleading. I never said anything about the D, because I didn't need to. Our D is kicking some serious butt. You give the stat about our scoring without defensive points, but that discounts the times when we are set up to score on short fields countless times by the D, and given multiple possesions with 3 and outs by that D.


That's their job...

The fact I gave the stat with & without scoring D means it is in no way a misleading stat...you didn't say we couldn't get yards on offence...you said we couldn't consistently score which is clearly wrong...and frankly I couldn't care less how many yards we get on offence...I don't care if the offence doesn't look pretty...all I care is about points and wins and so far we are doing that pretty well.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Anyone that can remotely look ahead can see that there will come a time, and likely soon, that our offense WILL need to consistently move the ball on longer fields and capitalize with touchdowns. Acting like our O isn't being as productive as it should be is living in denial. I'm not sure why so many here want to live myopically and dismiss that.


As I and others have said the fact we have a thread asking who our next OC will be after 8 games where we have scored the 3rd highest amount of points in the NFL is...well pointless...you can presume that we will eventually have to move the ball on a long field but what gives you that belief?...through the first 8 games the D and ST have given the O good starting field position...you act like that is a bad thing...why would that change over the next 8 games and hopefully playoff games after that unless you expect the D to fall off...something that there have been no indication of.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group