Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Offensive Coordinator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Bears have had too many OC's recently.

2. Nothing wrong with Mike Tice. X's and O's are not the problem.

3. The Bears do not have enough talent on the O-line and at receiver. The top talent is on defense and ST's.

Have Cutler run gadget plays (some might hit), punt, let ST's and D win it. Wink
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:

3. The Bears do not have enough talent on the O-line and at receiver. The top talent is on defense and ST's.

Have Cutler run gadget plays (some might hit), punt, let ST's and D win it. Wink
Bears have a lot of talent at WR, need to stop recycling this argument.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Agreed Supe.
Badger75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At WR there is a lot of talent? Marshall is great. Hester is a terrific punt and kick returner. Jeffries looks promising. Like Waldo, keep looking for Bennet.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
At WR there is a lot of talent? Marshall is great. Hester is a terrific punt and kick returner. Jeffries looks promising. Like Waldo, keep looking for Bennet.
And Bennett keeps saying I'm outproducing the vast majority of #3 WRs in this league, if you are expecting me to produce #1 #s as a #3 that's on you, not on me.

And its Alshon Jeffery, not Jefferies.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

What offensive minded head coach is likely to get fired this year that the Bears should look at to replace Tice with in the off season.

Why? Because we all know that the way the offense is going right now the Bears are not going deep in the playoffs even if they make it. If that happens then Lovie in typical Lovie fashion is going to throw Tice under the bus to save himself.

So who should the Bears be looking at potentially?
We are not going to be firing an offensive coordinator.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.
No, the offensive line is the biggest problem with our offense. Let me save you from your first probable response to this right now, the excuse they need more time together is garbage. JMarcus Webb is just bad. We need more talent on this Oline, not more time together.[/quote]No one is opposed to more talent any where on the team, including QB. But in the REAL world, as opposed to the fantasy world of impatient Bears fans, offensive lines are built over a period of years. This is what you are seeing.

They clearly have improved over last year even while getting younger. And they, and the whole offense, will be better at the end of the year than they were at the beginning. Webb has improved game by game. Carimi is playing about as you would expect a rookie would play. But as he gets more time I expect he will also improve.

We finally have a chance for a good line again even if the "Are We There, Yet" types can't see it.

My guess is we will not draft any tackles high next year and probably will take a center or guard before tackle.

And the whining will not cease.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

What offensive minded head coach is likely to get fired this year that the Bears should look at to replace Tice with in the off season.

Why? Because we all know that the way the offense is going right now the Bears are not going deep in the playoffs even if they make it. If that happens then Lovie in typical Lovie fashion is going to throw Tice under the bus to save himself.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.No, the offensive line is the biggest problem with our offense. Let me save you from your first probable response to this right now, the excuse they need more time together is garbage. JMarcus Webb is just bad. We need more talent on this Oline, not more time together.

Both are tackles are bad right now(not to take anything from how bad Webb has been). Carimi as it was pointed out throughout the game is a huge liability right now.

I've been agreeing with you more and more BA. This is getting scary. Laughing
Neither of you have any patience or willingness to develop a line. Apparently you cannot see that it is improving.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

We have almost no production at WR other than Marshall.
Bennett has disappeared, they never throw deep to Hester. Without Jeffrey we don't have anyone producing.

We clearly could use Johnny Knox.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't quote again because these quotes not working is really getting hard to read. Pointing out glaring deficiencies year after year in the Oline is not whining, its talking about reality. According to some, Al in particular, if we just stick with the line we have for another 7 years, they will all be hall of famers at that point. That is not reality. In reality you need good players to make good lines. Does time together help, sure. Does it magically make them competent when they just plain aren't...no.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Welcome to the dark side! I've got a beer in the fridge with your name on it. Cool
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
I just can't quote again because these quotes not working is really getting hard to read. Pointing out glaring deficiencies year after year in the Oline is not whining, its talking about reality. According to some, Al in particular, if we just stick with the line we have for another 7 years, they will all be hall of famers at that point. That is not reality. In reality you need good players to make good lines. Does time together help, sure. Does it magically make them competent when they just plain aren't...no.

My whole thing with the OL is that these players your talking about DONT exist. Like who are you talking about the Bears get to play OL, haha, and honestly lets say somehow we do get a big money OL, when was the last time a big FA OL actually made a difference for a team???

No one is saying we have hall of famers, it just makes no sense complaining about the OL when there seriously is like no solutions, we have to work with what we have and what we have is a young, big, athletic group of OL's.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Timothy67 wrote:
Okay I want to know.

Instability and inexperience is the biggest problem with our offense. We are not going to add to that by replacing Tice.No, the offensive line is the biggest problem with our offense. Let me save you from your first probable response to this right now, the excuse they need more time together is garbage. JMarcus Webb is just bad. We need more talent on this Oline, not more time together.

Both are tackles are bad right now(not to take anything from how bad Webb has been). Carimi as it was pointed out throughout the game is a huge liability right now.

Neither of you have any patience or willingness to develop a line. Apparently you cannot see that it is improving.

I can see when someone isnt improving. Im not the only one who has been seeing this.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

I can see when someone isnt improving. Im not the only one who has been seeing this.

Who are you saying isnt improving?? Its pretty much accepted that Webb is improving, Carimi is a rookie, and Louis continues to improve. Once again Im just not sure what you guys are saying is the solution. You want us to draft another OL? Because we would be picking late again this year and I doubt any rookie would be better than the guys we have.

BrotherlyLove wrote:

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Who are you saying isnt improving?? Its pretty much accepted that Webb is improving, Carimi is a rookie, and Louis continues to improve. Once again Im just not sure what you guys are saying is the solution. You want us to draft another OL? Because we would be picking late again this year and I doubt any rookie would be better than the guys we have.

Well that would be obvious if you had read the post he was replying to. Im talking about Gabe Carimi. No he isnt a rookie and no he isnt improving in both facets of the game. Yes he is a huge liability right now and teams are keying in on that(as was pointed out during the game). I know some might find this shocking. But he may not actually be cut out for starting.

Thats some nice logic there. Im afraid to draft O line because we may pick late and he may be a bust. Thats what happens during the draft.Scouting departments come in handy during that time. Yes I am for drafting more O line. What kind of silly question is that? The problem isnt fixed.What did you think 1 guy who cant play RT at a average level was all we needed?

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Offensive Coordinator Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Well that would be obvious if you had read the post he was replying to. Im talking about Gabe Carimi. No he isnt a rookie and no he isnt improving in both facets of the game. Yes he is a huge liability right now and teams are keying in on that(as was pointed out during the game). I know some might find this shocking. But he may not actually be cut out for starting.

Thats some nice logic there. Well we drafted one guy and he isnt panning out. Lets not draft anymore because who knows....he might actually bust. Thats not how a GM operates. Yes I am for drafting more O line. What kind of silly question is that? The problem isnt fixed.What did you think 1 guy who cant play RT at a average level was all we needed?

Haha, I know he isnt a rookie, im pretty sure you know what I mean Rolling Eyes

Anyway though as far as the draft, Your logic is sort of what the Lions did during their magical run of 1st round WR's, although they did wind up with Megatron at the end so, hey, I guess your theory isnt totally nuts.

BrotherlyLove wrote:

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: