Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Payton Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Where is this team improving at?

You didn't answer his question halfway through the 3rd year is not 4, almost 5, years into his rebuild.

Reality is our team is extremely young, there's solid talent to build off of there. The defense has been riddled with injuries and needs upgrades, no doubt, but its not as bad as people make it out to be.

And if you can't see the offenses progression then there's no helping you. Laughing

And yet we wasted his first two seasons with stupid trades like McNabb and Jamaal Brown and then actually thinking John Beck and Grossman can lead a franchise. Those first seasons were critical and he completely blew it personnel-wise.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

You didn't answer his question halfway through the 3rd year is not 4, almost 5, years into his rebuild.

Reality is our team is extremely young, there's solid talent to build off of there. The defense has been riddled with injuries and needs upgrades, no doubt, but its not as bad as people make it out to be.

And if you can't see the offenses progression then there's no helping you. Laughing

And yet we wasted his first two seasons with stupid trades like McNabb and Jamaal Brown and then actually thinking John Beck and Grossman can lead a franchise. Those first seasons were critical and he completely blew it personnel-wise.

He thought the team was better than it was, it happens. McNabb was also coming off a probowl season. The issues were never physical or something on tape, with him. It's all mental, he could been solid here but he chose not to be.

Brown gets a bad rap here, but he's damn better than Polumbus and because of him we didn't have to deal with the issues were having now; absolutely nothing at the RT spot.

The second season, who were we gonna go for? Shanny realized that we had to rebuild and knew taking a season to season younger picks and MAKE a bunch of picks was what we needed. It lead to us getting Griffin; is that really such a big fail?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Who should they have acquired to play QB then?
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I did, I said I made a mistake in the year thing. If you can't see the set back as well than there's no helping you Very Happy Shannahan and getting good RB's is just a gift he has so him getting Morris is nothing new. Only thing he did was get us in position to get RG3 (thatz it thatz all) Yes we started out strong looking like a good offense, but now teams have caught up to our scheme. What has this offense looked like since then? He drafted two great DE's and turned them into nothing more than average 3-4 OLBS, drove Haynesworth away (we may never wouldve gotten 100 million dollars worth of production from him, but he did help the DL while here in the 4-3) Imagine a DL of Orakpo, Hayneworth, and Kerrigan (wow explosive) So tell me what he has done?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I did, I said I made a mistake in the year thing. If you can't see the set back as well than there's no helping you Very Happy Shannahan and getting good RB's is just a gift he has so him getting Morris is nothing new. Only thing he did was get us in position to get RG3 (thatz it thatz all) Yes we started out strong looking like a good offense, but now teams have caught up to our scheme. What has this offense looked like since then? He drafted two great DE's and turned them into nothing more than average 3-4 OLBS, drove Haynesworth away (we may never wouldve gotten 100 million dollars worth of production from him, but he did help the DL while here in the 4-3) Imagine a DL of Orakpo, Hayneworth, and Kerrigan (wow explosive) So tell me what he has done?
You edited your answer. Shanahan didn't draft Orakpo. Arguing for keeping Haynesworth isn't helping your arguement.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

O yea let me not forget those decsions as well that came from who? MIke Shannhan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Who should they have acquired to play QB then?

You should've stuck it out with JC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not saying he wouldve done better or worst but we sure as hell would have a extra 2nd round pick on our team rite now. If we could go with Beck and Grossman as our QB's last year we couldve went with JC that last year of his contract.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

O yea let me not forget those decsions as well that came from who? MIke Shannhan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please explain to me how Sean Payton is better at team building than Shanahan. Give specific examples.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

You edited your answer. Shanahan didn't draft Orakpo. Arguing for keeping Haynesworth isn't helping your arguement.

Im still waiting for you to answer my question. What has this offense looked like since teams have caught on to our scheme and what has Mike done other than get us RG3 since here?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

He thought the team was better than it was, it happens. McNabb was also coming off a probowl season. The issues were never physical or something on tape, with him. It's all mental, he could been solid here but he chose not to be.

Brown gets a bad rap here, but he's damn better than Polumbus and because of him we didn't have to deal with the issues were having now; absolutely nothing at the RT spot.

The second season, who were we gonna go for? Shanny realized that we had to rebuild and knew taking a season to season younger picks and MAKE a bunch of picks was what we needed. It lead to us getting Griffin; is that really such a big fail?

How could he have thought this roster was better than it was when he took over? I'm getting tired of watching teams select good players at positions of need while we overdraft morons like Josh LeRibeus and non-needed back up QBs with premium draft choices. Rex Grossman would've been fine as the primary back-up and we could've used the Cousins pick on a DB who would most likely be contributing.

Jamaal Brown has been terrible. He has earned his bad rap here with poor play and nagging injuries. The fact that we gave him a good deal to come back just shows how out-of-touch Shanny has been.

We could've done a multitude of things here but we chose a guy who clearly was not an NFL QB and then claimed he could be a franchise guy in John Beck. Ryan Mallet was available to us in the third round and he could've sucked and we still could have ended up with RGIII.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Im still waiting for you to answer my question. What has this offense looked like since teams have caught on to our scheme and what has Mike done other than get us RG3 since here?
What have they looked like when? The last TWO games? They haven't played very well for TWO games. I agree with you, for TWO games the offense hasn't performed (TWO). You dismiss Shanahan's contributions to the running game because "getting good RBs is a gift he has". So because someone is good at something that shouldn't count? Our depth chart at RB has been completely overhauled with Morris, Royster, and Helu. He acquired a talented young LT in Williams. He brought in Lich at LG, Chester at RG. He signed Garcon and Morgan. He acquired Carriker in a very cheap trade. He signed NT Cofield. He signed Bowen who last year with a healthy front 7 had multiple sacks. He drafted Perry Riley who's a starter. He drafted Kerrigan who's a playmaker on defense. I can go on and on about how much better he's made this team.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Please explain to me how Sean Payton is better at team building than Shanahan. Give specific examples.

Sean Payton record as a HC of the Saints 62-34 vs Mike Shannahan record as coach of the Redskins 14-16. In Two season Sean already had more wins than Mike in 3 1/2 years here. All that matter is WINS!!!!!!!!!!!! I never said 1 thing about whose better at rebuilding, but I can damn sure tell you whose better at winning games. Clearly coach Payton.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Sean Payton record as a HC of the Saints 62-34 vs Mike Shannahan record as coach of the Redskins 14-16. In Two season Sean already had more wins than Mike in 3 1/2 years here. All that matter is WINS!!!!!!!!!!!! I never said 1 thing about whose better at rebuilding, but I can damn sure tell you whose better at winning games. Clearly coach Payton.
Sean Payton had Drew Brees. You continue to avoid all of my questions while I continue to answer all of yours. Also, and I'm correcting you a second time on this, Mike Shanhan has coached the Redskins for a little over 2 and a half years. Explain the 3 1/2 for me please.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

What have they looked like when? The last TWO games? They haven't played very well for TWO games. I agree with you, for TWO games the offense hasn't performed (TWO). You dismiss Shanahan's contributions to the running game because "getting good RBs is a gift he has". So because someone is good at something that shouldn't count? Our depth chart at RB has been completely overhauled with Morris, Royster, and Helu. He acquired a talented young LT in Williams. He brought in Lich at LG, Chester at RG. He signed Garcon and Morgan. He acquired Carriker in a very cheap trade. He signed NT Cofield. He signed Bowen who last year with a healthy front 7 had multiple sacks. He drafted Perry Riley who's a starter. He drafted Kerrigan who's a playmaker on defense. I can go on and on about how much better he's made this team.

He also wasted picks in trading for Mcnabb and Brown. Change a good 4-3 D into a [inappropriate/removed] 3-4 D. Brung in [inappropriate/removed] Hasslet to coach the 3-4 D. Brung in his son as OC who if any where else wouldve been fired with the way our offense has performed these 3 1/2 season same the D coordinator he brung in. Mike has been here since 2010 meaning this he is in the 3rd year as a our HC and we are 1/2 way through the season. Thatz where I get the 3 1/2. 2010 season, 2011 season , and now 2012 season is that understandable now?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

He also wasted picks in trading for Mcnabb and Brown. Change a good 4-3 D into a [inappropriate/removed] 3-4 D. Brung in [inappropriate/removed] Hasslet to coach the 3-4 D. Brung in his son as OC who if any where else wouldve been fired with the way our offense has performed these 3 1/2 season same the D coordinator he brung in. Mike has been here since 2010 meaning this he is in the 3rd year as a our HC and we are 1/2 way through the season. Thatz where I get the 3 1/2.
You would subtract that 1/2 making it 2 and 1/2. I can't debate with someone who doesn't understand this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: