Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL QB draft class
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Geno scares me...After watching him in the west virginia offense I don't see that skill set transferring over to the NFL. I think both Barkley and Wilson will be good solid QB in the league. I would take one of them. The USC QB thing does not worry me. I knew Mark Sanchez would be a bust. He only stated for 1 year. Barkley has been destined to be the # 1 pick since high school. He owns basically every passing record at USC, and has been the starter for 3 years. no comparison between him and sanchez. The other 2 USC QB are Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. Carson Palmer was a very good QB in his prime, and a franchise QB. Leinart obvously was a dissapointment, but I don't see Barkley being anything like Leinart. I just don't buy in to the whole USC QB thing. I don't evaluate players based on the school they go to. It does not make a whole lot of sense honestly. Every school has very successful NFL players and not as sussessful players, but its about the individual player.

That knock on Geno of playing in a gimmicky offense isn't what it once was. Those same things have been said of every spread QB coming out, and ultimately if anything, if they have the proper skill set, it has helped their transtion into the NFL from what I've seen.

Weeden is the only one to come from that extreme of a spread offense to have any semblance of success, and it's way too early to judge him, but I think Geno's skill set is there for a very good QB. He's got the top intangibles you'd want. His less then stellar performances can have a small asterisk put next to them IMO due to facing teams he's never faced, AND having to travel to Texas back to back weeks resulting in his worst actual performance against Tech. He played well yesterday, and got beat up by the #2 team in the country the week before. WVU is a good team, but not great. Geno can only do so much.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Geno scares me...After watching him in the west virginia offense I don't see that skill set transferring over to the NFL. I think both Barkley and Wilson will be good solid QB in the league. I would take one of them. The USC QB thing does not worry me. I knew Mark Sanchez would be a bust. He only stated for 1 year. Barkley has been destined to be the # 1 pick since high school. He owns basically every passing record at USC, and has been the starter for 3 years. no comparison between him and sanchez. The other 2 USC QB are Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart. Carson Palmer was a very good QB in his prime, and a franchise QB. Leinart obvously was a dissapointment, but I don't see Barkley being anything like Leinart. I just don't buy in to the whole USC QB thing. I don't evaluate players based on the school they go to. It does not make a whole lot of sense honestly. Every school has very successful NFL players and not as sussessful players, but its about the individual player.

That knock on Geno of playing in a gimmicky offense isn't what it once was. Those same things have been said of every spread QB coming out, and ultimately if anything, if they have the proper skill set, it has helped their transtion into the NFL from what I've seen.

Weeden is the only one to come from that extreme of a spread offense to have any semblance of success, and it's way too early to judge him, but I think Geno's skill set is there for a very good QB. He's got the top intangibles you'd want. His less then stellar performances can have a small asterisk put next to them IMO due to facing teams he's never faced, AND having to travel to Texas back to back weeks resulting in his worst actual performance against Tech. He played well yesterday, and got beat up by the #2 team in the country the week before. WVU is a good team, but not great. Geno can only do so much.

He also has the added pressure of knowing WVU has a pretty porous defense so more often than not he is going to be in a shootout. That is what I also see with Wilson at Arkansas.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think we would be able to trade back from what seems as our top 3 pick and acquire more picks.

No we can't trade back. We CANNOT trade back. Why you ask? I have two words for you...

What if...

What if someone jumps up and snags Wilson, then we are stuck, in all likelihood moving back past guys like Te'o. Stuck at drafting another DE for our rotating door of underachieving first round picks along the DL.

No thanks on the trade back. Even if we were at pick three and the first two were Barkley/Smith...you take Wilson, PERIOD. OR any other order of those three. What is the option in the what if scenario? Draft Landry Matt Cassel Jr. Jones in the first? Draft him or another guy in the second or third and hope they pan out? We may need to draft more than one QB. But we need to take our guy with OUR pick.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Barkley is the pick. No questions asked, no discussion.

This same talk of "there are no good enough prospects" has ruined us for the past 30 years. I'm sick of it.

QB is the pick at #1 no matter what a scout says.

Yeah, but I think it should be Wilson as do most other Chiefs fans here. You have to also consider the fact that the majority of us want Wilson and I believe he's pretty popular on this whole forum. There's something about him and it will likely come out after the season and he could very likely be the top QB prospect come draft time. We won't be getting him in the 2nd round, i'll tel you that.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first @ the thread topic - I think it's got to be QB! No way anyone else could rank higher when you figure positional value - talent available - team needs.

as for the sub topic kinda going on - I'm still on Geno Smith. He has the best tool set and though Wilson is close - his injury history knocks him back for me. Barkley to me is clearly behind these two.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: