Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action. Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/d-j-williams-i-was-dealt-an-unfair-deal-and-im-bitter/

This is why I want DJ nowhere near this team. He doesn't get it and never will. I don't want him anywhere close to Von, and the younger players. Yes, he is talented but he is a detriment to the team and should be gone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...he served his suspension...at this point, he needs to get on the field for the stretch run to the Super Bowl.
BroncosNO.1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get over it, dj williams is a good ball player. Every team in the nfl has a nuckle head. Dj is ours. You dont want him near von? Why not? Is von that weak minded? I dont think so. Maube von will help him. You never know. You will hate on him until he comes back and makes a good play. Then u will forget
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYME LYFE!!!
That's all I got to say...
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosNO.1 wrote:
Get over it, dj williams is a good ball player. Every team in the nfl has a nuckle head. Dj is ours. You dont want him near von? Why not? Is von that weak minded? I dont think so. Maube von will help him. You never know. You will hate on him until he comes back and makes a good play. Then u will forget

Because he is a terrible influence. DJ has shown he isn't committed to the team. Between this and publishing plays online he isn't worth the trouble. I find it troubling and a statement of society when noone cares how terrible a teammate or citizen you are ad long as you can play. He is only a minor upgrade over Woodyard and isn't worth the trouble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting plays online...lol...get real, thats a joke. The guy is a good player. If ur gonna be that way, then get rid of all our bonehead players. Moreno, dj, carter for his tweet, and im sure theres more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosNO.1 wrote:
Putting plays online...lol...get real, thats a joke. The guy is a good player. If ur gonna be that way, then get rid of all our bonehead players. Moreno, dj, carter for his tweet, and im sure theres more.

I agree with you on keeping DJ, but putting Moreno up above doesn't help your case. Moreno should be cut Laughing

Elwayfan07- Did you see the link brassglobos put up in the other DJ Williams thread? I think it was a good read and really shed some light onto DJ's side of everything. He has done some stupid things, but to say he's not a team player is wrong imo.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
BroncosNO.1 wrote:

I agree with you on keeping DJ, but putting Moreno up above doesn't help your case. Moreno should be cut Laughing

Elwayfan07- Did you see the link brassglobos put up in the other DJ Williams thread? I think it was a good read and really shed some light onto DJ's side of everything. He has done some stupid things, but to say he's not a team player is wrong imo.

I respect your opinion. However, putting the playbook on twitter isn't being a good teammate. Getting a DUI the weekend of a big game when your the team captain isn't being committed to the team. Using a non human urine specimen to cheat a drug test isn't being committed. This isn't a case of a kid doing something stupid, like Carter. It's a case of a player repeatedly making decisions that cost the team and putting his desires ahead of the team. It's a pattern of behavior.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosNO.1 wrote:

1. If you think its a joke ask Fox and JDR.

2. There is a difference in doing something stupid and repeatedly doing things that hurt the team.

3. He is one boneheaded move from losing an entire year. Does anyone really think he is not going to screw up again.

4. He is an above average player. He isn't a top tier player and is a marginal upgrade over Woodyard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
BroncosNO.1 wrote:

1. If you think its a joke ask Fox and JDR.

2. There is a difference in doing something stupid and repeatedly doing things that hurt the team.

3. He is one boneheaded move from losing an entire year. Does anyone really think he is not going to screw up again.

4. He is an above average player. He isn't a top tier player and is a marginal upgrade over Woodyard.

The overration of Wesley Woodyard continues.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:
BroncosNO.1 wrote:

I respect your opinion. However, putting the playbook on twitter isn't being a good teammate. Getting a DUI the weekend of a big game when your the team captain isn't being committed to the team. Using a non human urine specimen to cheat a drug test isn't being committed. This isn't a case of a kid doing something stupid, like Carter. It's a case of a player repeatedly making decisions that cost the team and putting his desires ahead of the team. It's a pattern of behavior.

I appreciate it, I respect yours a lot too.

DJ has had to adjust to new DC every year IIRC since he's been in the league and has learned basically every LB position in a 4-3 or a 3-4 and he's done all this without complaining about it. That's being a pretty good team player imo and he's willing to do whatever helps his football team win. The play being posted to twitter by DJ was just stupid, however I do believe him when he said he was trying to show the fans how hard he works by memorizing the playbook. He posted a picture of a simple check that every defense has. Was this extremely stupid of DJ? Yes. However I think he had good intentions in mind when he was doing this, granted I'd imagine Fox/Del Rio chewed him out about it.

Now on his suspensions, I don't believe it's a case of him not being a team player, but more of a player that lacks common sense along with a few screws loose. From his interview, it made me believe that he really does care about this football team and he does want to remain a Bronco forever. Now in no way am I excusing the DUI's and cheating the drug test, but I think it'd be a mistake to cut DJ. He's a valuable football player to this team and can help us win some games. DJ is miles better than Woodyard in the run game, is miles better than Brooking in coverage when we go to nickel, and also DJ is a very underrated blitzer and can get after the QB. DJ is a good football player, but a stupid person.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action. Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/d-j-williams-i-was-dealt-an-unfair-deal-and-im-bitter/

This is why I want DJ nowhere near this team. He doesn't get it and never will. I don't want him anywhere close to Von, and the younger players. Yes, he is talented but he is a detriment to the team and should be gone.

While I try not to condone this type of conduct, it is a little unjust to call a kettle black if you're the pot.

Have YOU maintained and taken responsibility for EVERY indiscretion you've done ??

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action. Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:

seriously? so release a talented player in the middle of the season that could end up playing for anyone, most likely an afc team for a chance to play against denver and ruin their season. really dude? he will be a boost for the d coming off the bench while he is getting back up to speed. he has been nothing but motivated to improve himself since all this happened. people screw up, so what. ive made decisions that affected my life that i wish i could go back and not do, but i cant. had to live with it and im a better person now because of the mistakes ive made.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action. Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:

While I try not to condone this type of conduct, it is a little unjust to call a kettle black if you're the pot.

Have YOU maintained and taken responsibility for EVERY indiscretion you've done ??

Here is the difference. I've never gotten a DUI. I've never tried to cheat a drug test. There is no comparison. He didn't get a speeding ticket. These are serious offenses. So this argument holds no water

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Williams is a clown. I understand that he's a talented player, but he doesn't deserve umpteen chances just because he's talented. At some point it crosses the line. He had excuses for every single action, and while I think he got too much media scrutiny from the DP, he deserves a lot of what he gets.

2 DUIs, non-human urine sample, the playbook being tweeted, and then if you follow him on Twitter...he's like a 4 year old child. He's the classic case of a guy who has been babied his entire career, and now that he's in some trouble he doesn't know what to do.

That all being said, we should keep him if only for depth and the fact that letting him go could hurt us if he latches on to someone else.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: