Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Voids Paytons Extension....Free agent after this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Payton isn't going anywhere. Schefter just tweeted this isn't even official yet, and it all stems from an issue with a clause in his contract. The only place Payton would go is Dallas and they just signed Garret to a 4 year deal and theirs no way Payton would put up with Jerry Jones.

Harp, Im not saying he will leave but your wrong on a few things...

1. Jerry Jones and Sean Payton are actually very close and have a close realtionship.
2. The contract is voided, all the saints can hope for is for Godell to toll the current deal which he likley would but if Payton refuses to sign an extention (which is all he'd have to do if he wanted to leave) Benson would cut him loose... Benson will not hold him hostage, thats not how the man does busniess.
3. The clause was Payton wanted an out in the contract if Loomis was fired or suspended and Garretts contract is not even an issue, if Jones has a chance to land Payton, Garrett is as good as gone!

I want the guy to stay as much as anyone but you gotta look at the whole situation... Like I said before, his kids in Dallas alone is enough to make a man wanna leave.

1. Yeah, they're friends but Jerry Jones is always in his HCs business, you actually think Payton would allow that to happen?
2. No it's not. Look up Adam Schefters twitter account.
3. I know what the clause was, the NFL voided it because that clause sets a bad precedent.

You're all overreacting. Sean Payton isn't going anywhere.

Once again dude, no one is saying he is but the facts are that the decision will be in Paytons court. Im just putting myself in the mans shoes...

1. Bad team, good QB, bad cap situation in New Orleans.
2. Bounty cloud
3. My kids living in Dallas where i just bought a new home for myself.
4. I just lost 6 million in pay and have a ower in Jones willing to pay me a kings ransom.
5. Dallas owner is a close friend of mine and although hes hands on that nothing contract wording wouldent fix.
6. THe oppertunity of being the Cowboys head coach (that means something to Payton).
7. Dallas have a underacheving but very talented team.

IT to me just makes sense... Not saying hes leaving, just saying it makes sense for him if he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Dallas is in just as bad of shape as New Orleans but with a much worse QB and a defense that might actually be worse overall when you consider they aren't changing schemes, missing their leader, had a lot of turmoil over the season, and all of their top players past their prime.

2. The Cowboys of the 90's cloud and the fact they've won one playoff game since their last championship IIRC. The constant pressure of being "America's Team" and what happens when you don't produce.

3. He's an NFL Coach. So A) How much time will he really have to see his kids whether he's in Dallas or New Orleans, B) He's an NFL Coach so he can afford to travel and c) If that's a real sticking point I'm sure Benson will give Payton a jet to use whenever possible.

4. Benson will pay a ransom too if he's willing to stay, such as that 6 million he's already getting paid. Also Payton has been working for the Hornets making some money.

5. Coaches don't like to be meddled with, especially top coaches like Payton.

6. The Cowboys job is more of a headache than it is glamorous. Constant pressure on winning it all every season, any slight slip up is going to get you bashed in the media etc.

7. They aren't that talented.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@LarryHolder: Jay Glazer said #Saints coach Sean Payton will absolutely remain with the team and will become the highest paid coach.

Can we stop the overreactions now?

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Raves,

Do you have kids?

Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
T-Raves,

Do you have kids?

A) Why T-Raves

B) No I do not. But I do understand how much family means, that I can definitely relate too. But when your job is going to keep you from seeing them whether you are home or not, NFL Coaches work 16 hour days, they barely have time to sleep, so even home his time off would be minimal, granted a little is more than none, but it's the profession he chose and he knows what the price is.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Quote:
@LarryHolder: Jay Glazer said #Saints coach Sean Payton will absolutely remain with the team and will become the highest paid coach.

YOur acting like we were saying he was gone already... all we are talking about is how and if we would understand ifhe did.

you are the one overreacting

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
T-Raves,

Do you have kids?

A) Why T-Raves

B) No I do not. But I do understand how much family means, that I can definitely relate too. But when your job is going to keep you from seeing them whether you are home or not, NFL Coaches work 16 hour days, they barely have time to sleep, so even home his time off would be minimal, granted a little is more than none, but it's the profession he chose and he knows what the price is.

A) T-Raves cause it adds a lil cajun flava to ya name Cool

B) I have 3, (12, 7 & 4) I work in a field that requires me to be away from them for 60-90 days at a time. I understand that I do what I have to do to give my children the best life I can and I love what I do but believe me, if their was a way I could remain in my profession and also be in a position to at least be home a tad more often, even if its only seeing them for 5 minutes in the morning and 10 at night... Id do it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes things get lost in the grand scheme of things and having recently having gone threw a divorce like Payton has, I know how hard it is to be away from the ones you love and you start doubting the reasons you were even away in the first place... even if it was for all the right reasons.

Somethings in life a game just dosent compare to.

Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Quote:

YOur acting like we were saying he was gone already... all we are talking about is how and if we would understand ifhe did.

What? Laughing people are typing here freaking out about how this means Payton could leave and blah blah blah, that's overreacting. The NFL declining this extension means NOTHING. YOU are the one overreacting. This is a non-issue.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Quote:

What? Laughing people are typing here freaking out about how this means Payton could leave and blah blah blah, that's overreacting. The NFL declining this extension means NOTHING. YOU are the one overreacting. This is a non-issue.

dude do you even read the post's or just type responces to what you assume everyone is talking about?

Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the posts, I read the articles, I've read the tweets.

Teams are going to want to try and sign Payton. They will offer him a lot of money. His family is in Dallas and Jones will offer lots of money. Right now it's just speculation that anything will even come from all this trying to get some hits for this "news"

The Saints won't just let Payton walk without attempting to keep him. They will offer him ridiculous amounts of money and anything else they need to try and keep him. He's already in a good situation. Also it is only a 90minute trip on a private chartered flight, which I'm sure Benson will have available for Payton at all times, for him to go see his family.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Quote:

dude do you even read the post's or just type responces to what you assume everyone is talking about?

whodatworm23 wrote:
For those who will be quick to say this isn't a big deal, remember this...

Overreaction #1. This isn't a big deal, at all. You followed this up with about 8 reasons Payton could leave. Over. Reaction.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take this with a grain of salt, who else is Coach Payton friends with? belichick. Now this may be a shock but what do this mean have in common? Pride gentlemen. Goodell Stripped and HUMILIATED Paton, everyones from the ground up in the NFL has talked about everything that has happened. to the franchise.. to the team.. to his name.. and people are talking that he´ll go to Dallas? would you? you cannot think he has not watched each game and thought ¨If i was there I would have done this¨ or ¨I would have done that¨.

Would you tuck in run from a passion or career that you take pride in? Its more than kids, X wife, or money. Its a reputation from which he left Dallas and from the ground up built this team and franchise. And the truth is, he just go started. He has not picked HIS rookie QB from the draft. He has not had a defensive mined coach that he gells well with. This was the year he was suppose to have as a legendary tale to brag of. To make Parcells proud, and show his bigger than the NFL.

He won´t go, he really can´t go, his ego and pride won´t let him.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Payton goes we should trade away Brees to the highest bidder and begin the rebuilding process. Without Payton, Brees can't win the Super Bowl for us, so we might as well trade him and get started on that rebuild early.

That said, I see Payton coming back. I would be beyond shocked, like wide eyed, staring in the distance for days shocked, if he didn't come back

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
If Payton goes we should trade away Brees to the highest bidder and begin the rebuilding process. Without Payton, Brees can't win the Super Bowl for us, so we might as well trade him and get started on that rebuild early.

That said, I see Payton coming back. I would be beyond shocked, like wide eyed, staring in the distance for days shocked, if he didn't come back

Agreed. Brees is a top 5 QB but the overall lack of talent on defense prevents us from winning without Payton. If he walks we need to start the rebuild, ship off Brees to the 49ers for all we can get and move on.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

I mentioned trading Brees away even with Payton still here if he was going to continue to wait forever to sign a contract, like he did, and look to suck this year, which we are anyways, and use the picks to completely rebuild the team, including drafting one of the top QBs...

2013 Adopt-A-Saint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: