Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Payton's deal with Saints voided
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONTRACTGATE

I hate the Jaguars
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see him coaching anywhere else. Despite the whole bounty thing, he still means so much to that city.

I can't even imagine the bidding war that would take place if he were to hit the market though.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
justo wrote:
Wow, I was just wondering yesterday if the Saints keep him through this rebuilding process because he wasn't really the coach in the down times. Sucks for him. Maybe goes to college or becomes an OC. I can't see him being and NFL HC next year if he's not with the Saints.

BTW isn't this scary that the NFL is using this power now?

So much to address in this post...
1. The Saints aren't in a rebuilding process Laughing
2. The Saints didn't fire Sean Payton, their was a clause in his contract that the NFL thought set a bad precedent so they voided it
3. You actually think a top 3 NFL HC would have a hard time finding another coaching gig if the Saints didn't want him back?
4. After watching the dismantling of this team solely because of Paytons absence, you really think they aren't counting down the days until he's back?

1. Yes you are. Look how many games you lost already this year compared to the past...throw in a new HC and it's at least a new "era" in New Orleans
2. Have we ever seen the NFL use it before though?
3. I don't think another team would hire him because of what happened this year. Do I think his talent warrants it? Yes. Also he's not a top 3 coach...he's top five but not top 3.
4. I'm not so sure. If the owner ever wanted shed himself of the situation and let him go then now would be the time, wouldn't you agree?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Brace yourself.Eagles fans demanding Sean Payton to be their next head coach posts are coming.

Fixed

Fixed

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
justo wrote:
Wow, I was just wondering yesterday if the Saints keep him through this rebuilding process because he wasn't really the coach in the down times. Sucks for him. Maybe goes to college or becomes an OC. I can't see him being and NFL HC next year if he's not with the Saints.

BTW isn't this scary that the NFL is using this power now?

So much to address in this post...
1. The Saints aren't in a rebuilding process Laughing
2. The Saints didn't fire Sean Payton, their was a clause in his contract that the NFL thought set a bad precedent so they voided it
3. You actually think a top 3 NFL HC would have a hard time finding another coaching gig if the Saints didn't want him back?
4. After watching the dismantling of this team solely because of Paytons absence, you really think they aren't counting down the days until he's back?

1. Yes you are. Look how many games you lost already this year compared to the past...throw in a new HC and it's at least a new "era" in New Orleans
2. Have we ever seen the NFL use it before though?
3. I don't think another team would hire him because of what happened this year. Do I think his talent warrants it? Yes. Also he's not a top 3 coach...he's top five but not top 3.
4. I'm not so sure. If the owner ever wanted shed himself of the situation and let him go then now would be the time, wouldn't you agree?

We are having a bad season because we don't have Payton, once he's back we're right back to being Super Bowl contenders and the NFL is using it because its the first I've ever heard of a contract like this and Sean Payton is certainly a top 3 HC, Mike Tomlin and Mike McCarthy are certainly arguable but calling him a top 3 HC is down to preference. Benson is one of the most loyal owners in the league, the only way Payton leaves is if Payton wants to leave.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints defense is horrid, they arent competing with anyone until they fix it.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The Saints defense is horrid, they arent competing with anyone until they fix it.

We won a Super Bowl with a pretty horrid defense. We're a pass rusher away from having an average defense. The LB core is strong, the interior DL is good, the DEs can't rush the passer to save their lives. This season could actually be a blessing in disguise, if we can lock up one of the pass rushing phenoms at the top of this draft it would make a world of difference for our "defense"

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is biggest non-story I have ever seen. They will re-work the deal and Payton will be back in NO.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

We won a Super Bowl with a pretty horrid defense. We're a pass rusher away from having an average defense. The LB core is strong, the interior DL is good, the DEs can't rush the passer to save their lives. This season could actually be a blessing in disguise, if we can lock up one of the pass rushing phenoms at the top of this draft it would make a world of difference for our "defense"

That championship defense was quite good at forcing turnovers, it was the same recipe the Packers used the following year. Explosive, high scoring offense combined with a turnover prone defense.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

That championship defense was quite good at forcing turnovers, it was the same recipe the Packers used the following year. Explosive, high scoring offense combined with a turnover prone defense.

Yeah it forced turnovers because it caused pressure because Gregg Williams blitzed like a mad man. If we get a pass rusher, we create pass rush and we force turnovers. The main reason this defense is playing so terrible is because we have literally 0 pass rush. I honestly don't think I've seen a team get so little pressure, QBs have hours to pick apart our secondary.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton isnt going anywhere.

The only other option would be Dallas, but why would he want to be Jerry Jones puppet? Thats all a Dallas HC is, right?

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he leaves

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Payton to Dallas 2k13***

Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, what would be the outcome if Payton did leave for another team? Goodell would have essentially ended New Orleans playoff window, cost us one of the top HCs in the league and screwed our future with the amount of draft picks he took. To top it off, the two men responsible for this (Payton and Williams) would essentially be fine after this (If Williams ever gets re-instated) while the New Orleans Saints would be crippled as a franchise.

How can Goodell just say "Nah, I don't like this extension, you're a free agent now"? This just seems ridiculous.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
justo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Payton isnt going anywhere.

The only other option would be Dallas, but why would he want to be Jerry Jones puppet? Thats all a Dallas HC is, right?

Who wins a bidding war against Jerry Jones?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: