Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 Metrics San Francisco @ Arizona

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Week 8 Metrics San Francisco @ Arizona Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, was waiting on Coaches Film and it appears that, unfortunately it is not provided for MNF games so I have had to pull these out of the broadcast angles.

No pressure numbers either as I was a bit short of time. If I can pull them together later I will up date this for you. But it was a rare thing when we got pressure on Monday, when we did we got there quickly and in a big group, but it was not consistent.

Big play to Delanie Walker is all on Peterson, it is cover three, he cannot bite on the underneath route when he is responsible for a deep third.

Alex Smith was very lucky not to be picked off on the Delanie Walker 15 yard catch. Daryl Washington almost had it and it he had not got a hand on it, it would have been picked off, or at least batted down by the safety undercutting the route.

Rhodes "Allowed" catch on the above route. Walker was his responsibility. If Washington does not tip it Rhodes picks it off and likely goes back the other way for 6.

We are still getting close on a lot of punts and kicks, I think we get a block soon.

We had two defenders in position to make a tackle on Crabtree's 30 yard gain for two or three yards, Gay did not even try, nor did Lenon. Both took false steps, neither got a hand on him.

Fleming's coverage on the Moss TD was not bad. The tackling afterwards was beyond bad not just from him, but everyone that had a shot, that includes (surprise) Paris Lenon.

Patrick Peterson was not thrown at in the second half.

Rhodes was in man coverage on Vernon Davis for his big play down the middle. Blitz was picked up well with cover zero behind it. We have to get pressure on those kinds of blitzes.

Schematically we love to go cover zero blitzes inside the 5 yard line. We did it week one vs Seattle right at the end when the ball went through Braylon Edwards' hands with Gay on the coverage. We did it vs Philly and get a strip sack for a TD. We did it vs SF on the first TD to Crabtree.

I have mentioned it earlier and linked to a Matt Bowen breakdown of it. Not a whole lot more Peterson could have done technially on that throw. It is very tough to play the ball in that situation (Play the ball before it gets to the receiver), Crabtree gets up and high points it and it strong enough to hold on despite Peterson get a (weak) hand on the football.

The 49ers threw short, alot. Our poor tackling directly led to multiple big plays. We tackle better we are in that game a lot longer. 30 yards to Crabtree, 47 to Moss, 9 yard TD for Crabtree. All direct results of poor tackling.

The only in-completion was dropped. Schofield was well beaten by Walker who dropped it cold.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hard would it be for you to get the pressure stats for Acho, OBS and Graves from this game?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
How hard would it be for you to get the pressure stats for Acho, OBS and Graves from this game?

It all depends on how hard it will be for me to watch the game again...

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take one for the team and put er back on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson was not thrown at in the 2nd half because well, Smith threw the ball only four times Laughing . It could have been one attempts but Smith threw it backwards to Crabtree and that took away from his potential record.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Peterson was not thrown at in the 2nd half because well, Smith threw the ball only four times Laughing . It could have been one attempts but Smith threw it backwards to Crabtree and that took away from his potential record.

Still that would come under the "screen/scrren/smoke" category. But yeah. I just thought it was worth noting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: