Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are some coaching options for next season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
If Whiz goes, than this team will have to spend a few years being rebuilt. I don't think it is realistic to expect Jim Harbough like results in Year 1 of a new coach's stint. Can this team withstand 3 years of rebuilding while core guys like Dockett, Rhodes, and Wilson get older?

I'm not sure I see a better alternative.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a new coach because right now this offense has no identity and we don't seem to play to any of are players strength. I think we have a team that a New head coach could come in and be successful with.

What about the Bengals OC. Jay Gruden

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
We need a new coach because right now this offense has no identity and we don't seem to play to any of are players strength. I think we have a team that a New head coach could come in and be successful with.

What about the Bengals OC. Jay Gruden

Not sure I like Jay, though the offensive fit would be good, at least early on with Kolb/Fitz et al.

The key thing here is 1] If we fire Whis in season (Doubt we do, but...) It will be one of Horton/Grimm who step up and become interim HC. 2] BOTH of them will be interveiwed for the Head Coaching vacancy. 3] If he interveiws Ray and then hire someone else do you think he stays on as DC?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about taking over but I heard through the grapevine that Grimm kinda wants out. From what I was told, he feels left out out of personnel and playmaking decision that Whiz had told him when he named Grimm the co-offensive coordinator that he would be a part of.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Don't know about taking over but I heard through the grapevine that Grimm kinda wants out. From what I was told, he feels left out out of personnel and playcalling decisions that Whiz had told him when he named Grimm the co-offensive coordinator that he would be a part of.

Interesting. It would make sense he would want to be move involved in the play design and calling areas. That seems to be where he has fallen short in interveiws for Head Coaching jobs in the past.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions here;

1 - What attributes do you want in a Head Coach.
2 - How do you want the offense to be run.
3 - How do you want the defense to be run.

If people give me that I can try and find a list of a few coaching candidates that might be worth looking at.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really just want the 2 things. I want a 3-4 defense to remain intact and I want a head coach who is going to implement a set team philosophy. No more run blocking lineman to throw 65-70% of the time. No more high round picks on running backs to carry 8 times a game. I want a set philosophy that is started in the draft room and carried out on the field. I don't know what I want that philosophy to be really but I know I want whatever we come up with to be religiously followed.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I really just want the 2 things. I want a 3-4 defense to remain intact and I want a head coach who is going to implement a set team philosophy. No more run blocking lineman to throw 65-70% of the time. No more high round picks on running backs to carry 8 times a game. I want a set philosophy that is started in the draft room and carried out on the field. I don't know what I want that philosophy to be really but I know I want whatever we come up with to be religiously followed.

Well that doesn't help. I mean other than pointing to hiring a Head Coach (if he has a defensive mind) from a 34 background.

One thing that has always got up my nose with Whis is how he goes about hiring the staff he works with. It seems as if he MUST have worked with them beforehand. It has worked for us with Horton, but how many others has it hurt us with.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, ya not much help. Truth is I don't know what I want scheme wise or play wise. I just want a set philosophy that starts on draft day and shows itself on the field. That's all I want.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the same as stchamp98. 3-4 defense to stay the same and what is drafted is what is played to.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, I think Todd Haley makes a lot of sense. He's got head coaching experience and knows the scene. Very popular with Cardinals fans and would be welcomed by many in the Valley(By many in the Valley, I mean potential ticket buyers...). Got good connections in the industry and would have the clout to hire a solid coaching staff around him. Familiar with this organization, knows most all the people and how they operate. Knows most of the players, many of whom have good relationships with him (Larry Fitzgerald being the big one. Have multiple links to Larry saying he quote, "Loves Todd"). He's been in the 3-4 for the last 5-6 years and would stick with it IMO. In Kansas City he had no problem deferring to Romeo Crennel when it came to the defensive decision making, which leads me to believe he'd give Ray Horton a lot of room to work. Maybe most of all, he's got a good track record with quarterbacks. Big Ben's enjoying arguably the best year of his career. He even made Matt Cassell look decent for a time.

I think Todd Haley might be the best guy for the job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
The more I think about it, I think Todd Haley makes a lot of sense. He's got head coaching experience and knows the scene. Very popular with Cardinals fans and would be welcomed by many in the Valley(By many in the Valley, I mean potential ticket buyers...). Got good connections in the industry and would have the clout to hire a solid coaching staff around him. Familiar with this organization, knows most all the people and how they operate. Knows most of the players, many of whom have good relationships with him (Larry Fitzgerald being the big one. Have multiple links to Larry saying he quote, "Loves Todd"). He's been in the 3-4 for the last 5-6 years and would stick with it IMO. In Kansas City he had no problem deferring to Romeo Crennel when it came to the defensive decision making, which leads me to believe he'd give Ray Horton a lot of room to work. Maybe most of all, he's got a good track record with quarterbacks. Big Ben's enjoying arguably the best year of his career. He even made Matt Cassell look decent for a time.

He was the best option for our OC this past off season too. He's minimzed errors on that Steelers offense, specifically their offensive line.

Now their talent level is WAY higher, however, for those who claimored that he'd make little difference compared to Miller...dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

He was the best option for our OC this past off season too. He's minimzed errors on that Steelers offense, specifically their offensive line.

Now their talent level is WAY higher, however, for those who claimored that he'd make little difference compared to Miller...dumb.

I didn't think he'd have made much difference and 9 weeks in, I'm still skeptical though not dismissive of it anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I didn't think he'd have made much difference and 9 weeks in, I'm still skeptical though not dismissive of it anymore.

I was just always under the impressive that his heated style worked really well with Ken's laid back approach. Let Todd do the dirty work and get after people and let Ken be the calming influence.

I don't think our players respect Mike Miller. People on the team respected Todd Haley and I'm willing to bet after he went toe to toe with Warner, Boldin that some of the young guys feared letting him down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think that jay be true, I don't think it has anything to do with our problems. A lack of respect for Mike Miller isn't our offensive problem. I don't think the playcalling's nearly as big of a problem as people are making it out to be either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: