Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Curry Watch: 2 Days Remain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
IR Curry bring him back healthy next season to replace Wheeler. Let Wheeler walk at the of the season to get the 2014 compensation pick he will garner the Raiders after capitalizing on his best statistical season.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

We have an overall lack of talent on our defense and you want to get rid of one of the few guys who's actually doing their job well.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
IR Curry bring him back healthy next season to replace Wheeler. Let Wheeler walk at the of the season to get the 2014 compensation pick he will garner the Raiders after capitalizing on his best statistical season.

We have an overall lack of talent on our defense and you want to get rid of one of the few guys who's actually doing their job well.

O' how we love to put out average players on a pedestal Rolling Eyes While good teams routinely allow seemingly elite players to walk who produce in their system (ie: Houston - Ryans, Mario Williams) our losing culture and damaged psyche wants to sign anyone who finds marginal success to long term contracts. It's so hilarious . . .it'll be the league laughing at the Raiders when they try to make Wheeler the cornerstone of the defense and put Brandon Myers on the same level as Jason Witten on offense.

I thought the world was supposed to end when the Raiders jettisoned Routt and Wimbley?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Fail. Wheeler has been a nice piece and is a guy you can build around. Letting him walk for a late round draft pick is just dumb.

On Curry, I don't really care. He's overrated here and doesn't bring anything the raiders don't have already in another player.

Um no. Building around Wheeler would be a failure. He's an OK player playing in a system that makes since unlike when Al had his puppet in place. Offering Wheeler a Willis-esque type contract would be simply asinine, imvho.

And who said they would pay him as an elite LB. that won't happen. He will get extended on a decent contract for a role playing LB. Willis-esque. Where did you dream that up?

He's a solid role player the Raiders will keep in the fold.

Give me an example of a player who you think Wheeler's offer will emulate.

I'd say something in the range David Hawthorne got this year.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/david-hawthorne/

So a low guaranteed amount with the opportunity to get rid of him without much dead money left if his play takes a nose dive.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

O' how we love to put out average players on a pedestal Rolling Eyes While good teams routinely allow seemingly elite players to walk who produce in their system (ie: Houston - Ryans, Mario Williams) our losing culture and damaged psyche wants to sign anyone who finds marginal success to long term contracts. It's so hilarious . . .it'll be the league laughing at the Raiders when they try to make Wheeler the cornerstone of the defense and put Brandon Myers on the same level as Jason Witten on offense.

I thought the world was supposed to end when the Raiders jettisoned Routt and Wimbley?

You don't get what I mean. He's having marginal success. He will get paid the amount of someone having marginal success. I'm not saying sign him to an 8 year $40 billion deal, I'm saying pay him what he's worth for like a 2 or 3 year contract. Not to commit to him like he's a Pro Bowler. Why let him walk and create more needs?

Professor Oak wrote:

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

You don't get what I mean. He's having marginal success. He will get paid the amount of someone having marginal success. I'm not saying sign him to an 8 year $40 billion deal, I'm saying pay him what he's worth for like a 2 or 3 year contract. Not to commit to him like he's a Pro Bowler. Why let him walk and create more needs?

He has one of these.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
He has one of these.

How?! That was my idea to make me millions! I'm calling the 5-0!

Professor Oak wrote:

RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
He has one of these.

How?! That was my idea to make me millions! I'm calling the 5-0!

Some dude got hit by a drunk driver and got a huge settlement.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Fail. Wheeler has been a nice piece and is a guy you can build around. Letting him walk for a late round draft pick is just dumb.

On Curry, I don't really care. He's overrated here and doesn't bring anything the raiders don't have already in another player.

Agreed, with McClain due to earn $4m and Curry $3m next year that is a lot of money tied up in players who will only play 40% of defensive snaps.

We would be better served putting some of that money to the likes of Wheeler who are producing.
#clueless
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't sound like DA knows where he wants to go with this. The problem with Curry is that he's obviously not in game shape & doesn't really have a role in this defense right now. He could very well be the odd man out.

If it were up to me, I would activate him and cut either Keenan Clayton or Coye Francies. Maybe even Travis Goethel. Clayton has been banged up for weeks now.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Curry's salary take a big step next season? I believe it goes from $615,000 (this season) to $3 million (next season). That's something to keep in mind in terms of keeping him, if true.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Curry's salary take a big step next season? I believe it goes from $615,000 (this season) to $3 million (next season). That's something to keep in mind in terms of keeping him, if true.

I put his contract deets in the OP. You're correct.

My concern is Wheeler getting a Kamerion Wimbley type deal or someone else willing to offer it to him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
My concern is Wheeler getting a Kamerion Wimbley type deal or someone else willing to offer it to him.

I doubt that. He's been solid but not the impact player Kam was before he signed the big deal. Plus Al isn't here and I think Reggie would give him a fair 3 year deal at the most.

SaveourSonics wrote:
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:

I doubt that. He's been solid but not the impact player Kam was before he signed the big deal. Plus Al isn't here and I think Reggie would give him a fair 3 year deal at the most.

Yeah, Kam got paid for his pass rushing ability. Wheeler is a traditional 4-3 OLB. They're not getting paid as much.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fox Sportsí Jay Glazer reporting that Raiders are activating linebacker Aaron Curry (knees) off PUP today

Wonder who gets cut? Clayton wasn't activated on Sunday.
#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Jamethus92 wrote:

Yeah, Kam got paid for his pass rushing ability. Wheeler is a traditional 4-3 OLB. They're not getting paid as much.

Nailed it.

Professor Oak wrote:

big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

If Wheeler is average, what's that say about the other 10 guys around him? He's clearly been the standout on defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: