Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KiddKillah's 2013 Baltimore Ravens Mid-Season Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: KiddKillah's 2013 Baltimore Ravens Mid-Season Mock Draft Reply with quote

Round 1 (Pick #30)
Alex Okafor - DE - Texas - 6'5 - 265 - Senior

Round 2
Nico Johnson - ILB - Alabama - 6'2 - 245 - Senior

Round 3
Leon McFadden - CB - San Diego State - 5'10 - 190 - Senior

Round 4
Omoregie Uzzi - OG - Georgia Tech - 6'3 - 302 - Senior

Round 5
Jonathan Bostic - ILB - Florida - 6'1 - 246 - Senior

Round 6
Cameron Lawrence - OLB - Mississippi State - 6'2 - 230 - Senior

Round 7
Mark Jackson - OT - Glenville State - 6'5 - 332 - Senior

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Okafor in the first. Since its beginning to look more and more like Dion Jordan will continue to rise. Okafor is the best of the two Texas DEs. He has plus athleticism, can drop back into zone coverage, set the edge, rush the passer; he has a nice swim, bull rush, and keeps his arms extended.

If we can't get Jordan, than I wouldn't mind Okafor. Personally ATM I'm a little higher on Michael Buchanan than Okafor simply because I like his burst more... and that's really what I believe our most needed attribute in a pass rusher moving forward. Buchanan has a nice spin move to go along with active hands. He has similar athleticism to Whitney Mercillus, but better size.

In terms of your 2nd round pick, I'm not a fan of Nico in the 2nd round. At that point in the draft I feel like there will still be some better players on the board. To me Johnson looks like a very good complimentary LBer, but not someone you want as your main guy. If he's there in the 3rd, than I'd be all for it. But he just has too little production for me to get behind. I like Mike Mauti and Matt Elam better. Though Johnson definitely has the size and athleticism you look for to be elite. I just don't trust the fact that his team thought it best to not put him in under nickel situations. So I'm wondering if he can play, but others are simply better.. so they see the field over him... or if his coaches just don't trust his instincts to be an everydown player.

I believe I've seen tape of Bostic, but I can't recall enough to know if it was a good or bad pick. I haven't actually seen tape on most of them, so I can't comment as to their prospects from pick 3-7. In terms of position, I think if we're going to go guard, I think we should take a guard higher... or go the veteran offensive lineman route.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give my feedback on a pick-by-pick basis.

Okafor - He's grown on me. I'm not sure that Okafor gives the pass-rush the added explosiveness that I would like but he's a good all-around player and is still pretty good at getting to the QB. If he keeps up this level of play then I doubt he lasts until the 26-32 range but Okafor would be a good pick if he did.

Johnson - I'm not a fan of him especially in the 2nd round. Johnson doesn't really do anything above average and I doubt he would be much of an improvement over McClain or Ellerbe.

McFadden - To me CB isn't a need for the Ravens. Even if Williams leaves in free agency Webb will be back and I highly doubt that the team moves on from Smith this soon so the starters are set. That leaves Graham to man the nickel, which I think he can do just fine, and there's also Jackson and Brown to provide competition and fill out the depth. Webb is a question mark coming back but I don't want the team to spend a quality pick on the deepest/most set position on defense "just in case."

I'm not too familiar with the rest of the picks. Overall I think this would be a decent draft but 2nd and 3rd round picks cast a bit of a shadow on it for me.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I believe I've seen tape of Bostic, but I can't recall enough to know if it was a good or bad pick. .

I've watched the last couple of Florida games, and Bostic has been one of their stand out players, both times.

I'm no expert on analysing players for NFL potential, but he seems to make plays fairly regularly, and to have good instincts. Seven tackles and a pick in the game yesterday.

Reading a couple of things about him, it sounds like he's stepped up significantly this year, which may account for his low draft projection. But I'm guessing he's going to rise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: