Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeCastro and the OG situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert showed more in pass pro his rookie year than Adams has in his.

I think the future is Gilbert at LT and Adams at RT. We put Adams and Miller on that right side and that's what we'll run behind. DeCastro pulling out to his right to lead the way? Even better. A big softy like Gilbert can work at LT, much the way Starks has.

I don't think Foster is back unless it's dirt cheap (i.e., not getting paid starter money). We've already got starter cash tied up into Colon and DeCastro will be the starter at RG (whether he's earned it or not). Doesn't make sense to have both Foster and Colon getting paid, especially given our cap situation. Either re-sign Foster and cut Colon or let Foster walk and give DeCastro that RG spot.

Wallace and Keenan Lewis will be the two priority UFAs we need to lock up. Any other UFAs we have are filler (i.e. it'd be nice if those other guys like Foster and Mendenhall are back, but not a big deal if they walk).
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David DeCastro is slated to practice week. Good news moving forward.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
David DeCastro is slated to practice week. Good news moving forward.

Great news. Hopefully his knee responds well.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked sweet! If we can get back Decastro it'd be nice, I'm still wondering if you bench Foster at this point though. Foster has played well all year. I'd be nervous putting in a rookie who hasn't played all year right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Shocked sweet! If we can get back Decastro it'd be nice, I'm still wondering if you bench Foster at this point though. Foster has played well all year. I'd be nervous putting in a rookie who hasn't played all year right now.

Nope, keep Foster in and leave DD as a sub.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

agreed Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

agreed Cool

Same with Gilbert, then demand pay cut to Colon and pay Starks the same for next season.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I think he should start, because what we be the point of putting the special IR label on him? I just view it as a waste if he doesn't start, but that's just me. I understand chemistry, but the things this kid could do could prove invaluable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think he should start, because what we be the point of putting the special IR label on him? I just view it as a waste if he doesn't start, but that's just me. I understand chemistry, but the things this kid could do could prove invaluable.

Who would you replace?? Would you seriously consider having 2 rookies on the same side of the oline?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Who would you replace?? Would you seriously consider having 2 rookies on the same side of the oline?

The line is playing better then in years past, but it's not a sure thing. There are improvements that could be made. I don't know what he looks like as we've all got a shorten view of him during the preseason. I think at this point Foster and DD are a wash. But the upside is that DD is a long term answer.

Also the rookie situation is over-rated in some capacities. DD has been on the sideline in the film room the entire season. So the biggest thing for him would be getting his feet wet game days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

The line is playing better then in years past, but it's not a sure thing. There are improvements that could be made. I don't know what he looks like as we've all got a shorten view of him during the preseason. I think at this point Foster and DD are a wash. But the upside is that DD is a long term answer.

Also the rookie situation is over-rated in some capacities. DD has been on the sideline in the film room the entire season. So the biggest thing for him would be getting his feet wet game days.

So, maybe inserting him on a few drives, but that might mess with chemistry. I still wouldn't play 2 rookies next to each other. I'd sub Colon and DD in and out.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

So, maybe inserting him on a few drives, but that might mess with chemistry. I still wouldn't play 2 rookies next to each other. I'd sub Colon and DD in and out.

I don't think started two rookies at G/T is a big issue. But we all know the Steelers aren't going to take out Foster now. He's played really good and only injury to either OG position would get DD in the game.

But I just view it as a waste to bring back a backup!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres no rush to change the line up. Theyve played fine.

...you have a forum resume?
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Yep.

Let DD work up to speed and earn his time. If that comes in 2013...so be it.

The more interesting question is what happens when/if Gilbert is healthy?

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
3rivers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Yep.

Let DD work up to speed and earn his time. If that comes in 2013...so be it.

The more interesting question is what happens when/if Gilbert is healthy?

Gilbert stays on the bench as a back up. If he starts instead of Adams at RT, then we know what happens - he falls on a teammate and the teammate is done for the year Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: