Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeCastro and the OG situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dcash4


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1090
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
Do we try to resign Foster Next year? I mean, Colon is a Bronx Brawler inside...no doubt about it..this is his true position. Foster is doing well ...How do we know Decastro will be ready so soon..or maybe even next year..i mean..how do we know is he is any good even if healthy..i want to be sure...you know? Thoughts?


Id hope that we are able to (if money is right) for the fact that he has been a starter for multiple years now.

DD is the future, but if we can keep Foster as a spot starter/LG/RG back up i cant picture a better scenario.

I see Price being the main object. But cant see anyone going all out for Ramon Foster....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62143
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to re-sign Foster if the $$ is right
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7989
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
Do we try to resign Foster Next year? I mean, Colon is a Bronx Brawler inside...no doubt about it..this is his true position. Foster is doing well ...How do we know Decastro will be ready so soon..or maybe even next year..i mean..how do we know is he is any good even if healthy..i want to be sure...you know? Thoughts?


Depends on what they think of Lee and Beachum. If DD is the starter and they think either of the two can be the backup then Foster will be let go due to salary cap hell.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62143
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
Do we try to resign Foster Next year? I mean, Colon is a Bronx Brawler inside...no doubt about it..this is his true position. Foster is doing well ...How do we know Decastro will be ready so soon..or maybe even next year..i mean..how do we know is he is any good even if healthy..i want to be sure...you know? Thoughts?


Depends on what they think of Lee and Beachum. If DD is the starter and they think either of the two can be the backup then Foster will be let go due to salary cap hell.
good point. I agree. In that case, it's probably a good chance he's gone
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2214
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Ramon Foster is gone. Not many teams would re-sign Steelers' O-linemen (with an exceptional of Jonathan Scott to Lions) and he got released I believe. Trai Essex too.

What I'm saying is the market for O-line is much lower than defensive players and Offensive weapons. We may get lucky with Ramon Foster, I'd sure like to keep him. We are on a roll because of O-line and I'd like to keep it that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62143
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Don't think Ramon Foster is gone. Not many teams would re-sign Steelers' O-linemen (with an exceptional of Jonathan Scott to Lions) and he got released I believe. Trai Essex too.

What I'm saying is the market for O-line is much lower than defensive players and Offensive weapons. We may get lucky with Ramon Foster, I'd sure like to keep him. We are on a roll because of O-line and I'd like to keep it that way.
many teams need depth. He'll find a job if they let him go
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2214
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was an undrafted free agent. I don't know, I just think that it's very noticeable for a team to sign a former 3rd-4th round prospect rather than an undrafted FA. If both were at same level of talent. Keep that in mind, our O-line pedigree aren't that good even with the improvment we saw recently, that may scare teams away.

I don't know, I just find a team scout would find a draft value accountability over a true talent, just a trend I noticed past few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2172
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
he was an undrafted free agent. I don't know, I just think that it's very noticeable for a team to sign a former 3rd-4th round prospect rather than an undrafted FA. If both were at same level of talent. Keep that in mind, our O-line pedigree aren't that good even with the improvment we saw recently, that may scare teams away.

I don't know, I just find a team scout would find a draft value accountability over a true talent, just a trend I noticed past few years.


If the player is playing well in the pros right now, that is where the value is. If Foster makes the probowl as an alternate he will get attention in UFA. Not likely but my point is more obvious, but if it happens Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7989
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a matter of how cheap you would sign him. Can he be signed cheaper than Lee or Beachum? No. Then there are many other places they can spend the money then for a backup. Like K. Lewis resigning.....
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I'd sign Foster and wait out Colon's deal til you can cut him and save the money then since he's making way more than he should. Then the line could be: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62143
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
If it were me, I'd sign Foster and wait out Colon's deal til you can cut him and save the money then since he's making way more than he should. Then the line could be: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert
the thing is though, in that time frame you can find a guard to develop in the mid rounds. If foster is going to demand a decent salary on the FA market and I think he will. You let him walk. You draft a guard in the round 3/4/5 to develop for a year or 2 till colon is cut.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
If it were me, I'd sign Foster and wait out Colon's deal til you can cut him and save the money then since he's making way more than he should. Then the line could be: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert
the thing is though, in that time frame you can find a guard to develop in the mid rounds. If foster is going to demand a decent salary on the FA market and I think he will. You let him walk. You draft a guard in the round 3/4/5 to develop for a year or 2 till colon is cut.


But Foster has already deemed himself as a viable starter. It all comes down to how much he wants. I don't know, but I guess that's the best solution if he walks. Either that, or make Gilbert a guard and in the next draft or two find a RT replacement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62143
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
If it were me, I'd sign Foster and wait out Colon's deal til you can cut him and save the money then since he's making way more than he should. Then the line could be: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert
the thing is though, in that time frame you can find a guard to develop in the mid rounds. If foster is going to demand a decent salary on the FA market and I think he will. You let him walk. You draft a guard in the round 3/4/5 to develop for a year or 2 till colon is cut.


But Foster has already deemed himself as a viable starter. It all comes down to how much he wants. I don't know, but I guess that's the best solution if he walks. Either that, or make Gilbert a guard and in the next draft or two find a RT replacement.
i see Adams as the future LT and Gilbert future RT. i wouldn't mess with that unless they really, really fail. I'd look for a guard in the draft this year.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 12; Reg Season 43
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2172
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
If it were me, I'd sign Foster and wait out Colon's deal til you can cut him and save the money then since he's making way more than he should. Then the line could be: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert


I don't understand how people here can consider changing the OL since it actually is playing decent/good for the first time since early 2010 or perhaps all the way back to 2005. Colon is making progress in recent weeks and has an attitude the OL needs, but as long as he keeps improving and doesn't get kemo penalties. Even his false start and holding tendencies are gone for now Razz

I like the idea of the team having realistically 7 starting calibre OL. If DD was healthy, that would leave the team with 7 OL (plus t-rex) and with versatility (Gilbert 4 positions, Adams both OT's, Foster can play 3 positions)

Lets just keep watching winning with running and keep what is working on the field. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
If it were me, I'd sign Foster and wait out Colon's deal til you can cut him and save the money then since he's making way more than he should. Then the line could be: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert


I don't understand how people here can consider changing the OL since it actually is playing decent/good for the first time since early 2010 or perhaps all the way back to 2005. Colon is making progress in recent weeks and has an attitude the OL needs, but as long as he keeps improving and doesn't get kemo penalties. Even his false start and holding tendencies are gone for now Razz

I like the idea of the team having realistically 7 starting calibre OL. If DD was healthy, that would leave the team with 7 OL (plus t-rex) and with versatility (Gilbert 4 positions, Adams both OT's, Foster can play 3 positions)

Lets just keep watching winning with running and keep what is working on the field. Cool


In no way am I saying change it this year. But when Colon has an insane salary cap number in a couple years, than it's time for him to take a huge paycut or look for a replacement elsewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group