Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18562
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand and respect the opinions of those who say DJ doesn't deserve a spot on the Broncos. I'm as fed up with his litany of mistakes as anyone.

However, I stick to my original assertion that he is a damn good football player and we are a better team when he's on the field, the phenomenal play of Woodyard in recent weeks notwithstanding.

However, the Broncos are going to have to pay out big money to key players in the next few seasons - Clady, Von, Decker, Thomas - and will have to weigh whether DJ, warts and all, is worth his substantial salary. For the first time in a long time, I've come the conclusion that with Woodyard and Trevathan on the roster, Elway & Co. might not be all that opposed to saying goodbye to DJ after this season.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BroncosNO.1


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 455
Location: NC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i like woodyard, hes not dj. Dj is just better, plain nd simple. Id like dj to play the middle when he comes back though. And for the record, i do not agree with what hes done, and i despise people who drink and drive, but i personnally know plenty of nfl players. U would be surprised of how many of them do drugs and steroids. Trust me, its alot. While i dont agree with it, i cannot stop it, and i just want dj back. Didnt doom do some dumb crap too? U want him gone? Didnt bay bay do something stupid? Im telling u man, people screw up. But im just a fan and dj makes our team better, and thats all that matters right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5203
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't think of a better place to post this article about WW, DJ's replacement. Quite a stark contrast between the two.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/dennis_dillon/11/01/wesley-woodyard/index.html?sct=nfl_bf2_a6

Also, DJ may have a hard time regaining his spot. WW has really stepped up his game this year. He was better in coverage last year than DJ, and I think it's fair to say he's turned into an "impact" LB in coverage.

He's also improved greatly against the run. I noticed early that he's making a lot of plays much nearer the LOS. Granted, it's still the weakest part of his game, but probably wouldn't be so pronounced if he wasn't backing up an undersized end in Elvis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10210
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action. Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/d-j-williams-i-was-dealt-an-unfair-deal-and-im-bitter/

This is why I want DJ nowhere near this team. He doesn't get it and never will. I don't want him anywhere close to Von, and the younger players. Yes, he is talented but he is a detriment to the team and should be gone.


While I try not to condone this type of conduct, it is a little unjust to call a kettle black if you're the pot.

Have YOU maintained and taken responsibility for EVERY indiscretion you've done ??


Here is the difference. I've never gotten a DUI. I've never tried to cheat a drug test. There is no comparison. He didn't get a speeding ticket. These are serious offenses. So this argument holds no water


To quote a great Man " let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...you probablyt wouldve had a boulder behind you back....your life is perfect ? you've never made a mistake ?? You easy to point out HIS mistakes, let's hear yours ??? Ever cheated on your wife/girlfriend, have you ever driven while intoxicated ( but didn'tget caught, it's just as bad my friend) maybe cheated on your taxes ?? ...let's hear it..
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elwayfan07


Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 4997
Location: Pensacola FL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ refuses to take responsibility for his action. Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
elwayfan07 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/03/d-j-williams-i-was-dealt-an-unfair-deal-and-im-bitter/

This is why I want DJ nowhere near this team. He doesn't get it and never will. I don't want him anywhere close to Von, and the younger players. Yes, he is talented but he is a detriment to the team and should be gone.


While I try not to condone this type of conduct, it is a little unjust to call a kettle black if you're the pot.

Have YOU maintained and taken responsibility for EVERY indiscretion you've done ??


Here is the difference. I've never gotten a DUI. I've never tried to cheat a drug test. There is no comparison. He didn't get a speeding ticket. These are serious offenses. So this argument holds no water


To quote a great Man " let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...you probablyt wouldve had a boulder behind you back....your life is perfect ? you've never made a mistake ?? You easy to point out HIS mistakes, let's hear yours ??? Ever cheated on your wife/girlfriend, have you ever driven while intoxicated ( but didn'tget caught, it's just as bad my friend) maybe cheated on your taxes ?? ...let's hear it..


I haven't done either of those things you cited. However, I understand your point. Here is what your not understanding, he isn't some idiot kid that made a mistake. He is a guy who routinely does things that are wrong and doesn't show remorse. It isn't a mistake anymore, its a pattern of behavior. Tony Carter's twitter message was a kid saying something stupid.DJ is a grown man who continues to act in a way that is detrimental to the team.

When it comes to WW, maybe the problem isn't that everyone is overrated WW, its that some overrate DJ. I admited he is more talented. HOwever, WW has improved a lot and the difference is marginal. What WW may lose to DJ in talent, he makes up in smarts, leadership and hard-work.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group