Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Up / 5 Down
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: 5 Up / 5 Down Reply with quote

5 Up:

1. Team showed character and heart
2. Won without Brown, Polamalu, Dwyer, Mendy. (How many people would say we'd FAR outplay the Giants with them and refs who donated the Giants two TD's.)
3. Defense stepped up in huge way!!
4. Special Teams played tremendous!
5. Stopped Eli for 125 yards passing and 0 TD's!!
6. Offense playcalling, Haley has been an outstanding O-Coordinator!!

5 Down:

1. Refs should be fired
2. Refs are horrible
3. Harrison missed opportunity to seal game
4. Tomlin's fake field goal
5. Injuries
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down.... trying a trick play where Suisham runs the ball.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little to add...
but ...
Up
1. Redman
2. Defense
3. Run blocking
4. Ryan Clark
5. Return yardage & Ben on 3rd down, Winning on the Road, etc.

Down
1. Ben's INT
2. Pass Protection wasn't very good at times
3. Penalties
4. Injuries
5. Refs lost their minds a few times

Thanks Lyasr 529
Steelers22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up

1. Redman was extremely powerful and decisive in his running. Great game for him
2. Offensive Line in the run game-Really dominated their front 4 in the run game. Consistently created wholes in the interior
3. Haley-I think he has really made out offense a lot more difficult to stop. Our time of possession is through the roof and we have been doing a very good job of keeping opponents off balanced as of late
4. Defensive backs-Our secondary played lights out tonight particularly keenan lewis and clark. Despite owning an incredibly impressive set of wideouts, the giants could not get anybody open and seemed completely out of rhythm
5. Didn't let the terrible fumble call in the first half or the failed FG fake to bring down their morale. Did a great job of bouncing back and pulling out the W
6. Return game was incredible today (outside of penalties)

Downs
1. The referees did a really poor job on that review. I understand the other calls that were made and have no problem with them but the fumble was, at the very least, a 10 point swing and it was an absolutely atrocious call
2. Special Teams penalities-I just don't understand how this can be a down e every week without fail. It's impressive.
3. FG fake-I like the call of going for it since the momentum was on our side and we were on the road. However, Tomlin got way too cute. You have an elite QB put it in his hands not your kickers
4. Injury to Brown-Our offense is missing something without him in there that was clear. His quickness is a perfect fit in our new look offense. We need him back
5. Ben's interception-That was an absolutely brutal interception. I thought we went into the second half with the momentum and that play, in particular, gave it right back to the giants. Wallace wasn't even close to open so I wasn't sure what he was thinking there. Fortunately, the steelers did a really nice job of bouncing back today

Really great win on the road against stiff competition. Our stock is going up

props to dawg24
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

1. Our relentless attitude
2. Rainey's returns
3. Keenan Lewis, Ryan Clark & the secondary in general.
4. Emmanuel Sanders
5. Isaac Redman

DOWN
1. That was some of the best coverage on that Keenan Lewis penalty
2. The Clark penalty couldve possibly been a late hit but a sketchy call regardless and huge.
3. The fumble
4. Rainey injury?
5. The fake fg didnt work. I wouldnt call it as dumb as everybody makes it out to be, man talk about overreacting, not in the thought but in the harshness, holy $@%^&

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
1. Haley and the new O with real rushing attack and OL play.
2. persistent with the run, patient and the win
3. D played well despite lousy officiating . Lewis has had good coverage
4. Redman and the OL. Avg for RB's since Adams has started is close to 6 ypc and all wins AND 3 consecutive 100+ yard rushers
5. special teams - no penalties and now the offense has a shorter field to score on. It all adds up to a win against the champs in their own back yard Cool

Down
1. refs - tried to give the game away from what I saw
2. injuries - still won, but this isn't good because if we keep getting them we will run out of players
3. pass rush isn't good, but might be improving.
4. fake field goal - I would have ran it in, but this was interesting to watch. Showed confidence in the defense according to the announcers

I can't think of another down other than the broadcasting not showing more of out OL pushing the DL around Laughing

This team is making strides, and with serious injuries. The D is actually getting it together and doing so with no improvement on the pass rush. If the pass rush comes back, then it could be playoffs . Lewis is a good corner, maybe better than taylor and Allen is a good 3rd cb when man to man is called coverage.

The OL has taken on new life with Adams in there in the running game. Adams had a few struggles today against top tier DL, but only in the pass pro a few times. Looks like this OL has play calling that suits them now and they are playing better. Glad they got even with those comment made by the giants.

Special teams have been outstanding, and a real difference. Looks like all 3 phases are playing well, and this team could keep getting better. Penalties are gone, running game is back, QB isn't getting killed. It is what we have wanted ever since arians has been gone, and now we have it. Doesn't matter who is at RB either, and that is a good sign.

Haley is really doing some good coaching IMO. Now if the pass rush can come back and the team can get healthy Shocked This is looking like the Steelers I want to watch, not that arians ball with the qb in a wheel chair and the defense old and tired and no rushing attack. No longer looking like 8-8, but more like 12-4 if the 6 ypc keeps intact.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run blocking should be above Redman on everyones list IMO.

Redman was great, but this line just paved the way for 3 straight 100+ yard rushers.....all backups.

Ill do a 5/5 later.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh and a huge down is Phil Simms announcing!! Idk how people get on Collinsworth, and don't make a peep about Simms.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Redman was great, but this line just paved the way for 3 straight 100+ yard rushers.....all backups.

Ill do a 5/5 later.

Ohhh I usually don't rate mine in order!! Embarassed Embarassed
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

If people have Redman above the OLine, I get it. He was a beast.

Just saying that this line is definitely the reason for the teams turnaround in the run game.

All of our backs have talent. None of them can do it when the line sucks though like it did the first month of the season. People were bashing Redman and Dwyer because they didnt look good, even though it had more to do with the OLines suckage....and this turnaround has more to do with our OLines performance than anything Redman or Dwyer are doing differently.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

The only thing I didn't like abuot Simms was he seamed Pro-Steelers but the calls made it that way... I feel that way because Simms has been Pro-Patriots and Pro-Jets in previous games having a clear bias in some of his playcalling.

- 7/24/14
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

The only thing I didn't like abuot Simms was he seamed Pro-Steelers but the calls made it that way... I feel that way because Simms has been Pro-Patriots and Pro-Jets in previous games having a clear bias in some of his playcalling.

Pro-Steelers?? Really?? You mean the former GIANTS QB?? I disagree. I guess people don't mind his nonsense, but dislike Chris talking about the oline and singling out players.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

Pro-Steelers?? Really?? You mean the former GIANTS QB?? I disagree. I guess people don't mind his nonsense, but dislike Chris talking about the oline and singling out players.

Agreed.

Phil Simms is ANTI Steelers more often than not.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

Again that means nothing. He wasn't saying anything positive about the Giants. I think you just wanted to hear what you wanted.

- 7/24/14
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ill do a 5/5 later.

Agreed.

Phil Simms is ANTI Steelers more often than not.

Especially when we play the Patriots!! Then I'd probably rather them force Simms to sing opera music the whole time then all his stupid comments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: