Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers @ Redskins, Week Nine GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo... Hardy and Johnson sets the TONE. If you cant see it then you are blind. Both are taking leadership roles. I love it man...
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
Yo... Hardy and Johnson sets the TONE. If you cant see it then you are blind. Both are taking leadership roles. I love it man...

They're killing it. Hardy is turning the corner. Dwan and Ron are making so many positions better.

I think we might actually have some corners worth keeping.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm loving josh thomas the last couple weeks. d line beastly again. so happy the defense finally got the W it deserves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game by the defense. The offense could still do a lot better and it starts with less shotgun runs. I'm kind of disappointed with some of the gaffs from Olsen and Smith. They're our best receivers in this game and they didn't do a lot.

The goal line stand and then 98 yard drive was huge. Cam threw the TD with a bloody thumb as well.

At least this didn't kill us:

rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Great game by the defense. The offense could still do a lot better and it starts with less shotgun runs. I'm kind of disappointed with some of the gaffs from Olsen and Smith. They're our best receivers in this game and they didn't do a lot.

The goal line stand and then 98 yard drive was huge. Cam threw the TD with a bloody thumb as well.

At least this didn't kill us:

bahahaha. thank god we got rid of the replacement refs. they were really blowing it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so in the last four games, defense has...

allowed 16, 19, 17, and 13 points (5 touchdowns)
forced 7 turnovers
had 12 sacks
only given up 100+ rush yards once (kept lynch/forte down at least)

sweet!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
so in the last four games, defense has...

allowed 16, 19, 17, and 13 points (5 touchdowns)
forced 7 turnovers
had 12 sacks
only given up 100+ rush yards once (kept lynch/forte down at least)

sweet!

And showing improvement each and every week.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That officiating crew should be suspended for a week, at least. Even though the Panthers were the beneficiaries of most of the questionable calls, there is no excuse for allowing the D. Williams TD to stand. It was an inadvertent whistle, offense has the option to accept the results of the play up to the whistle or have the down replayed. The officiating crew did not properly administer that play and allowed the TD to stand. Also, there were a few other questionable call, personal foul against Cam, PI against Smith and the last hit against RG3, all garbage.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. count me as one of the people not calling for mcdermotts job

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This defense as a whole have been underrated by a huge margin. Day in and day out they have been working their tails off and have shown it out on the field these past several weeks. Hats off to them.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at this one! It was awesome!!! Surprising amount of fellow Panther fans there, well, I guess not too surprising since it was the redskins.

But outside of Nortman(Yes he is in my doghouse) there was so much good from this game, I could only imagine what our season would be like if we didn't screw away all our late 4th quarter leads. 2-6 would be 6-2.

A man can dream right?
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed about Nortman. Seems like he's shanked quite a few this year. The 6 and 14 yard punts really bring it to your attention, but I feel like he's hit quite a few that were in the 25-35 range. Not what you're looking for when you spend a draft pick on a punter.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Agreed about Nortman. Seems like he's shanked quite a few this year. The 6 and 14 yard punts really bring it to your attention, but I feel like he's hit quite a few that were in the 25-35 range. Not what you're looking for when you spend a draft pick on a punter.

kickers are mentally fragile...that shank from last week is haunting him every time he's on the field. other than those kicks i've been happy with him tho. hopefully he can get over it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand the Josh Normal hype. Again, he had "great coverage" on a play yesterday where the receiver caught the ball for a huge gain.

Is there any YouTube action on this guy yet that someone can post? I feel like I am completely blind to anything good that he does because i've seen nothing good come from him except when he's on the sideline not getting burned.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I still don't understand the Josh Normal hype. Again, he had "great coverage" on a play yesterday where the receiver caught the ball for a huge gain.

Is there any YouTube action on this guy yet that someone can post? I feel like I am completely blind to anything good that he does because i've seen nothing good come from him except when he's on the sideline not getting burned.

Are you really talking about the throw to #15 with Norman draped all over him? Big play? It was like 15 yards. The Redskins had few big plays in the air.

A rookie gives up 1 TD all season and he's supposedly getting burned? And the safety above him is Haruki Nakamura? I'll take that.

I bet you'll be citing a perfect throw from Peyton to Decker/Thomas as reasons for Norman sucking next week too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: