Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 College Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Gocong is an average player that is coming off season ending injury. He needs to be evaluated. I didn't feel like creating a whole list of free agency. I mean just look at the # of LBs we would obviously need more than I listed.

The fact that DQ is the best LB on this team speaks volumes of how bad they are as a collective unit. He reminds me of Andra Davis.

JMJ could be a stud in a 3-4 for all we know.

Sheard has not been burnt in pass coverage.

We are a LOT more than 1 OLB away.

In a 3-4 absolutely we need more than one! Ive seen enough square pegs being forced into round holes with this team...

not so in a 4-3 not if Gocong is healthy. Te'o or Jones (if he passes medical) could instantly turn this 4-3 LB corp into a very solid unit and one of the best the browns have had in a long time... Add in a DB in the 3rd (and some help in FA) and the Defense will be very good.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Gocong is an average player that is coming off season ending injury. He needs to be evaluated. I didn't feel like creating a whole list of free agency. I mean just look at the # of LBs we would obviously need more than I listed.

The fact that DQ is the best LB on this team speaks volumes of how bad they are as a collective unit. He reminds me of Andra Davis.

JMJ could be a stud in a 3-4 for all we know.

Sheard has not been burnt in pass coverage.

We are a LOT more than 1 OLB away.

In a 3-4 absolutely we need more than one! Ive seen enough square pegs being forced into round holes with this team...

not so in a 4-3 not if Gocong is healthy. Te'o or Jones (if he passes medical) could instantly turn this 4-3 LB corp into a very solid unit and one of the best the browns have had in a long time... Add in a DB in the 3rd (and some help in FA) and the Defense will be very good.

IMO, until we can consistenly pressure the QB (without bringing 6 guys). we will not be a top unit. That and stopping the run...

#JDI
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Gocong is far and away our best run stopping linebacker who sets the edge very well. We are missing him greatly this year. Finally have some Dlineman in front of him who can play and now we lost him. Now people are calling him average and saying he should be cut?

And the same people believe D'Qwell Jackson is a great linebacker?

There is something extremely wrong with how you people view linebackers.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Gocong played the best football of his career when he was an inside linebacker in our 34 defense.

To say he should be cut if we move to a 34 is as clueless as it gets. He would be one of the players most likely to have success in a switch of scheme.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: