Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Different Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: A Different Mock Reply with quote

1st Traded for a 2nd and 3rd
2nd OG Larry Warford, starts at LG
2nd OLB Jamie Collins, learns ILB position
3rd DE Trevardo Williams, starts at ROLB
3rd S Shawn Williams
4th OT Tanner Hawkinson
5th QB Adam Kennedy
6th WR Tyler Shaw
7th OT Emmett Cleary

If we used a 1st on an OG then I would expect them to cut Willie Colon after June 1st to free up $5.5m. This should make us one of the better OL's in the league.
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My analysis: Its November...who the hell knows.

Way too early man. WAY too early.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why exactly are we taking another Guard with our top pick? I would think thats one position we shouldn't have to worry about in the first 3 or 4 rounds. Foster and Colon are playing very well right now, and we still have DD. I have no problem with the trade, depending on where we are picking. But even though it's cliche at this point, a Safety should be taken in the top two rounds, IMO. Matt Elam or TJ McDonald instead of Warford. I don't really know much about the other guys.

Go Noles!
Dook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
Why exactly are we taking another Guard with our top pick? I would think thats one position we shouldn't have to worry about in the first 3 or 4 rounds. Foster and Colon are playing very well right now, and we still have DD. I have no problem with the trade, depending on where we are picking. But even though it's cliche at this point, a Safety should be taken in the top two rounds, IMO. Matt Elam or TJ McDonald instead of Warford. I don't really know much about the other guys.

Because Elam and McDonald are late 2nd round value.

McDonald is big and he's a tackling machine, which is nice, but he only has 1 interception and only 2 PBU's. That's not 1st round production.

Elam is undersized, not quite the tackling machine that McDonald is but still decent at it, he has 2 interceptions and 3 PBU's. That's not 1st round production.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:

You can add Gilbert to that guard mix too. We need youth on defense. Take Jefferson or Reid with first pick or a pass-rusher.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colon has a big cap # next year and despite playing well recently...may revert back to the level of the organ he's named after.

Foster a FA who if he keeps it up will get a starting gig with more $$$ else where. Plus Bronco is a FA...an early round LG is possible especially if Colon is cut.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Colon has a big cap # next year and despite playing well recently...may revert back to the level of the organ he's named after.

Foster a FA who if he keeps it up will get a starting gig with more $$$ else where. Plus Bronco is a FA...an early round LG is possible especially if Colon is cut.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Go Noles!
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:

Because Elam and McDonald are late 2nd round value.

McDonald is big and he's a tackling machine, which is nice, but he only has 1 interception and only 2 PBU's. That's not 1st round production.

Elam is undersized, not quite the tackling machine that McDonald is but still decent at it, he has 2 interceptions and 3 PBU's. That's not 1st round production.

Yeah, but you have us trading back into the 2nd. If we were picking with our 1st rd pick Id agree with you, but with a trade back, Elam or TJ Mac would be good value at a position of utmost need.

Go Noles!
Dook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, you think needs first regardless of the players value.

I think needs but I also take into account players value.

I just don't see a big difference in the Safeties from the 1st to top of the 3rd round.

McDonald, Elam, Jefferson, Lester, Rambo, is there really a full round or two difference in value between these guys?
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
Right, you think needs first regardless of the players value.

I think needs but I also take into account players value.

I just don't see a big difference in the Safeties from the 1st to top of the 3rd round.

McDonald, Elam, Jefferson, Lester, Rambo, is there really a full round or two difference in value between these guys?

I do like Lester, don't really know much about Rambo or Jefferson. I agree with you about players value, but where's the value if the guy is riding the bench? It's not like Warford is a top 20 guy that drops to the 2nd for us. I really don't see the FO letting both Colon and Foster go. Plus, It's the defenses turn this year, we went offense first last year!

Go Noles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: