Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Four Round Mock Just Because I Feel Like It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Four Round Mock Just Because I Feel Like It Reply with quote

Mock drafts this early in the year are a crap shoot in terms of how accurate they will be (nobody had Stephon Gilmore in the top 10 at mid-year). but I figured I would take a shot anyway

Rd. 1--Eric Reid, S: In my opinion, we can't count on Louis Delmas to be on the field so we need to solidify that position early in the draft. Reid has good size speed and range. He does everything pretty well. He is a good fit for our defense.

Rd.2--Ezekiel Anash,, DE: He has loads of potential but is still really raw. He will look great in shorts but have serious technique shortfalls. He has great size and athleticism but he won't be able to lean on that like he does now. However, I have a feeling he will develop very quickly.

3. B.W Webb, CB: He is a good small school CB that could develop nicely in our scheme. He might need to add some bulk but he has good size, length and speed.

4. Braxton Cave, C: A good C on a revitalized Irish team. We can sign Raiola to a one year deal while he develops and competes with Bill Nagy.

In this scenario G Rodney Austin makes the active Roster (on practice squad right now and takes Peterman's job. Jonte Green and Chris Greenwod show enough for us to not have to use a CB with our first round pick.

I am not addressing possible releases. We won't be players in the free agent market until we can rework Stafford and Suh's rookie deals. Thoughts?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Reid big safety

Not a fan of Anash

Not a fan of Webb. Small corner from a small school. Already took a flyer on couple of these. Would prefer something less risk

Cave has the size but Detroit traded 4th round pick to Minny last years draft

Love Reid though

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about that. My bad. Just out of curiosity, what is it about anash that you don't like?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
I forgot about that. My bad. Just out of curiosity, what is it about anash that you don't like?

Just how raw he is really. Nothing else. I am just not sure how well he can pick up a playbook or scheme. Just think guys projected round 2 or better should not be so raw.

He reminds me of

Ikaika Alama-Francis

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He only started playing football in 2010. He was originally on the track team.
He is listed at 6'6" and 270Lbs and moves really well. The difference between him and Alama-Francis is that even in college Alama-Francis wasn't a dominating player. Anash is putting together a big year. I watched this kid play a couple of times on TV and he looks like he has all the tools to be a dominant DE.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
He is listed at 6'6" and 270Lbs and moves really well. The difference between him and Alama-Francis is that even in college Alama-Francis wasn't a dominating player. Anash is putting together a big year. I watched this kid play a couple of times on TV and he looks like he has all the tools to be a dominant DE.

Not saying he doesnt. Simply not sure it is worth the risk with a team with so many holes. It is one of those situations where the rich get richer and a team that can afford risk will take it I think

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
WillParks wrote:

Not saying he doesnt. Simply not sure it is worth the risk with a team with so many holes. It is one of those situations where the rich get richer and a team that can afford risk will take it I think

Pretty much this.

Raw just increases risk and I'm a fan of reducing risk wherever possible at this stage of the Lions rebuild.

Love the big safety. It's really unfortunate that Delmas can't stay healthy. He's such a difference maker for the Lions.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your needs for the first two rounds DE/FS.

I would also be happy with;

1. Sam Montgomery - DE

2. T. J McDonald - FS

Lions have a bad situation next year with the defensive line. Most likely losing Cliff Avril to free agency and Kyle Vanden Bosch to retirement. I can't see Willie Young starting and Lawrence Jackson even if brought back is not a starter. We may need two starters......

I agree with the need for safety but, I see them bringing back Amari Spievey, Louis Delmas and Ricardo Silva. Probably will release John Wendling freeing up one position where T. J. McDonald can be eased in to replace Amari as a starter as the season most along.

D
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to take a raw DE in rounds 2/3, I'm picking Margus Hunt. Think he can excel in this scheme. He's going to destroy the combine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPP was the most raw prospect I have seen taken in the first round, and he's turned out pretty good.

You have to have faith in our coaching staff if you have the chance at a prospect with a skyscraper ceiling. If his production and measurables are off the chart, raw or not, take him.

With that being said, I don't know anything about Ezekiel Anash. Haven't watched or read anything on him. But if he is anything like JPP in terms of production and measurables, he needs to be the pick without question. Our coaching staff is fantastic when coaching up DL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: