Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nix: Bills will draft quarterback soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
After watching Manuel make many mistakes, I never thought I would say this before the season but Nassib might be our best option.

Also Landry Jones is playing well.

i believe that the only QB out of this draft that will be solid-good is Tyler Wilson. I would not mind picking him in the first, or second.
I want to know why Tajh Boyd isnt getting any attention. He has 41 TD so far this season. Guy is a playmaker.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
After watching Manuel make many mistakes, I never thought I would say this before the season but Nassib might be our best option.

i believe that the only QB out of this draft that will be solid-good is Tyler Wilson. I would not mind picking him in the first, or second.
I want to know why Tajh Boyd isnt getting any attention. He has 41 TD so far this season. Guy is a playmaker.
42 now. I am predicting. He starts getting more national attention after tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
What are Bills fans thoughts on Vick as a starter for the next few years as they wait to develop a team around a rookie QB?

Im sure Chan Gailey is a fan and instead of a much lesser version of Vick in VY and Tarvaris Jackson, he could have #7 himself who has shown he is capable at playing at an MVP level as long as you don't give him the $100 million dollar deal Confused

We have too much money invested in Fitz to afford bringing in a big name vet to fill a gap.

We couldn't cut him without a massive cap hit. So it doesn't matter what we think about it because it's pretty much not happening. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see of Aaron Murray the more I like. He's pretty small, but he makes the throws, and leads his team.

If we could get Te'o in the 1st, and an offensive playmaker (Tavon Austin, Marquess Wilson, Keenan Allen, even Tyler Eifert) in the 2nd, I'd love to take Murray, or Landry Jones, in the 3rd.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

At this point, I would have to agree with you on Wilson, except given his injury history, I'd prefer him in the 2nd round though he might not make it that far due to supply & demand. I still have not seen any tape on either Nassib or Dysert yet, so maybe I'll get interested in one of them, but as of now, I'd rather roll with Fitz over any one of the overrated QB's in this draft. The QB crop is supposed to be much larger (71 QB's vs. 43 this year) the following year http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB increasing our odds of getting someone of quality, so I'd really rather keep working on the defense and solidify the OL and then look at next year's draft for a QB to replace Fitz.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

At this point, I would have to agree with you on Wilson, except given his injury history, I'd prefer him in the 2nd round though he might not make it that far due to supply & demand. I still have not seen any tape on either Nassib or Dysert yet, so maybe I'll get interested in one of them, but as of now, I'd rather roll with Fitz over any one of the overrated QB's in this draft. The QB crop is supposed to be much larger (71 QB's vs. 43 this year) the following year http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB increasing our odds of getting someone of quality, so I'd really rather keep working on the defense and solidify the OL and then look at next year's draft for a QB to replace Fitz.

i don't disagree, but the demand for a good QB is so high that if we want to continue improving that means winning games. so if we go 8-8 or 9-7 next year we will miss out on the top QBs. I don't see anything wrong, unless there is a really good player at a position of need, with picking Wilson if we are in the 15-20 range. Let him sit to get his injuries under control or play him right away because he is better than Fitz. either one of those options is fine with me. but i am officially on the Wilson to Buffalo bandwagon.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

You haven't had the chance to see Nassib play. Since I have seen him for 4 years I will tell you a little about him.

Nassib has all the arm strength in the world but he struggles throwing a deep out route because he lacks the touch on the ball. Although he will connect if there is a screw up in coverage. He used to have happy feet back in the pocket but he seems to have fixed it his senior year and he is a lot more decisive. Kid is super smart and can learn a play book easily. You can not watch a Syracuse game with the annoucers mentioning he knows the playbook better than former Bills coach Nate Hackett who is his offensive coordinator. Nassib has had to correct Nate at times. Ryan Nassib had always had potential but never fulfilled it in college until this year when we started running the no huddle. Ever since the switch he has become a different player. He has led us on game winning drives against Missouri, USF, and I believe Pitt. He should of had a GW drive against Northwestern but our defense sucked and dropped an easy pick and had a ton of 15 yard penalties against them and lost it for us.

My one problem with him is that he takes awhile to get going. He has started slow against USF, Nothwestern, Temple, Mizzou, and Pitt. He takes awhile to get into rythm but once he does he is hard to stop. He has had to come back to win games because of these slow starts and in the NFL it will make it even more difficult to mount a comeback and you just can't fall behind early in the NFL. Another problem his he sometimes throws to hard and hits recievers in hands who end up dropping it. But I believe that actually helps him on the next level because his recievers should be able to pull in a fastball.

That is just a little info on him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

i don't disagree, but the demand for a good QB is so high that if we want to continue improving that means winning games. so if we go 8-8 or 9-7 next year we will miss out on the top QBs. I don't see anything wrong, unless there is a really good player at a position of need, with picking Wilson if we are in the 15-20 range. Let him sit to get his injuries under control or play him right away because he is better than Fitz. either one of those options is fine with me. but i am officially on the Wilson to Buffalo bandwagon.

I like the kid. In fact, I like him better than any other QB coming out, but at this point I don't think he is better than Fitz. I'd let him sit to learn the offense and to learn how to prepare and practice at the NFL level.

If we do pick in the 15-20 range, especially the 20 range, I probably could get on board with his selection in the 1st. Haven't really thought much about it though, because I've been focusing on drafting 10-15 I guess. Really haven't felt 100% confident about where we will be picking though as I seem to change my mind every week! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

You haven't had the chance to see Nassib play. Since I have seen him for 4 years I will tell you a little about him.

Nassib has all the arm strength in the world but he struggles throwing a deep out route because he lacks the touch on the ball. Although he will connect if there is a screw up in coverage. He used to have happy feet back in the pocket but he seems to have fixed it his senior year and he is a lot more decisive. Kid is super smart and can learn a play book easily. You can not watch a Syracuse game with the annoucers mentioning he knows the playbook better than former Bills coach Nate Hackett who is his offensive coordinator. Nassib has had to correct Nate at times. Ryan Nassib had always had potential but never fulfilled it in college until this year when we started running the no huddle. Ever since the switch he has become a different player. He has led us on game winning drives against Missouri, USF, and I believe Pitt. He should of had a GW drive against Northwestern but our defense sucked and dropped an easy pick and had a ton of 15 yard penalties against them and lost it for us.

My one problem with him is that he takes awhile to get going. He has started slow against USF, Nothwestern, Temple, Mizzou, and Pitt. He takes awhile to get into rythm but once he does he is hard to stop. He has had to come back to win games because of these slow starts and in the NFL it will make it even more difficult to mount a comeback and you just can't fall behind early in the NFL. Another problem his he sometimes throws to hard and hits recievers in hands who end up dropping it. But I believe that actually helps him on the next level because his recievers should be able to pull in a fastball.

That is just a little info on him.

Thanks for the feedback! Gives me an idea of what to watch for.

Never really know what to think about slow starters... Do you knock them for possibly putting a team in a hole or do you praise them for the ability to lead teams in come from behind victories? I like the idea that his feet have settled down...probably means the game is slowing down for him and that hopefully his mechanics & accuracy are improving. Lack of success without the no huddle concerns me. Means he's had success by forcing mismatches and taking advantage of confusion on the part of the defense. Also means he is less likely to have to have relied on correctly reading a defense pre-snap IMHO (though I realize that others have argued the opposite of this in the past).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! Gives me an idea of what to watch for.

Never really know what to think about slow starters... Do you knock them for possibly putting a team in a hole or do you praise them for the ability to lead teams in come from behind victories? I like the idea that his feet have settled down...probably means the game is slowing down for him and that hopefully his mechanics & accuracy are improving. Lack of success without the no huddle concerns me. Means he's had success by forcing mismatches and taking advantage of confusion on the part of the defense. Also means he is less likely to have to have relied on correctly reading a defense pre-snap IMHO (though I realize that others have argued the opposite of this in the past).

He has had success but he is just a better player in the no huddle. He likes to speed the game up. Our no huddle is different than others. Most like to mix it up by going fast sometimes and slow the others. Nassibs no huddle has one speed. And that is fast.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, what about Alex Smith??!! I think he's out in San Fran, and would def. be an upgrade.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Hey, what about Alex Smith??!! I think he's out in San Fran, and would def. be an upgrade.

I'd be open only if Geno/Wilson and Barkley are off the board before our pick. Smith is an upgrade because he can throw down field and is still relatively young.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Buffalo_Kid wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

42 now. I am predicting. He starts getting more national attention after tonight.

I think I mentioned his name a few pages back I just feel like he will stay one more season, but you never know. Daniel Thomas from Oregon jumped out way earlier than people thought. I know different situation but still Boyd for sure would have to be considered a nice prospect if he declared.

At this point after watching Fitz struggle once again against some mediocre secondary I am up for something new. I really feel like it will come in rd 2. I want nothing to do with Manuel as some have suggested. Being an FSU fan I have watched most of their games this year and he is just wildly inconsistent. I am sure most of you saw his performance on Saturday against a top notch defense in Florida and his stock should take a considerable hit after this week.

I really want to see more of Nassib and Dysert might have to pull up some high light packages. I do like how Lnadry Jones has progressed towards the end of the season. I still am a little hesitant on him but as much seasoning as he has had over three season I would prefer him over some of the names floating around. Either way I think our QB will come in this draft and some where in rd 2.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
ONe thing about USC QBs they never won a Superbowl. Sanchez, palmer, leinart, john david booty all have been recent busts. I dont know if im sold on Barkley but i dont want to put all the eggs in one basket and spend 3 years worth of picks to get him to move up.

I am a fan of McCarron from Bama he is a legit pro style qb but he doesnt get enough credit since Saban's style is run first.

I will be extremely disappointed if the bills go for these qbs: Kansas st, Tennessee, arkansas, Va Tech, Georgia and NC State.

Thank you!

I honestly have no idea why McCarron is getting overlooked so badly by the draft community, it's absurd really. He's polished and looks poised, has all the tools...I just don't get it. I'm not even a 'Bama fan and I can tell this kid has "it."

In terms of how I'd rank them; It'd go like this...

-1- Tyler Wilson
-2- Matt Barkley
-3- Zac Dysert/AJ McCarron
-4- Geno Smith
-5- Mike Glennon

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
ONe thing about USC QBs they never won a Superbowl. Sanchez, palmer, leinart, john david booty all have been recent busts. I dont know if im sold on Barkley but i dont want to put all the eggs in one basket and spend 3 years worth of picks to get him to move up.

I am a fan of McCarron from Bama he is a legit pro style qb but he doesnt get enough credit since Saban's style is run first.

I will be extremely disappointed if the bills go for these qbs: Kansas st, Tennessee, arkansas, Va Tech, Georgia and NC State.

Thank you!

I honestly have no idea why McCarron is getting overlooked so badly by the draft community, it's absurd really. He's polished and looks poised, has all the tools...I just don't get it. I'm not even a 'Bama fan and I can tell this kid has "it."

In terms of how I'd rank them; It'd go like this...

-1- Tyler Wilson
-2- Matt Barkley
-3- Zac Dysert/AJ McCarron
-4- Geno Smith
-5- Mike Glennon

You seriously would take McCarron over Geno ?? I could live with Tyler Wilson though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: