Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nix: Bills will draft quarterback soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohogs14 wrote:
Yeah wilson's OL could be the worst in the SEC while tennessee's is very good at pass blocking. Wilson gets demolished every game and played with a hip pointer last week. Hamilton is wilson's only good receiver since his TE gragg has been injured while bray has 3 good ones. I mean wilson has made some mistakes this year but lets face it he doesnt have a coach who knows what hes doing. Last year will hopefully be the wilson we'll see in the NFL. His floor IMO would be christian ponder with better arm strength...certainly a safer pick than someone like mallett was

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
Tyler Wilson V. SEC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...... Tyler Bray V. SEC

Plus Wilson doesn't have the immaturity issues Bray has, and has better leadership skills. And it's not like he has a wimpy arm, i'll give Bray that, but Wilson is much more accurate and leads his team better. You may look at this year and see otherwise but it's not Wilson's fault that Arkansas had all the off season issues and transition.

Basically what these guys said in regards to Bray v Wilson.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to comment on Fitz for a moment. We have all witnessed what Fitz can do when he's on point. He is smart enough to read defenses pre-snap and understand what coverages he's facing. He's not super athletic but can scramble when need be. His weaknesses can't be hidden though. His arm isn't strong enough, that's a given. His biggest problem though, which will never change, is he panics in themoment. He possesses the "anti-clutch" gene. This will forever be. We need to find a QB with ice in his veins...... Easier said than done, I know. I also know we will never be more than middle if the pack(if lucky) with Fitz as our starter.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
I just want to comment on Fitz for a moment. We have all witnessed what Fitz can do when he's on point. He is smart enough to read defenses pre-snap and understand what coverages he's facing. He's not super athletic but can scramble when need be. His weaknesses can't be hidden though. His arm isn't strong enough, that's a given. His biggest problem though, which will never change, is he panics in themoment. He possesses the "anti-clutch" gene. This will forever be. We need to find a QB with ice in his veins...... Easier said than done, I know. I also know we will never be more than middle if the pack(if lucky) with Fitz as our starter.
Fitz played a helluva game yesterday, but you are right he just doesnt have "it". He should have read that safety. Also, Stevie was open on that play but Fitz didnt look that way. Fitz would be a quality backup but he isnt the right guy to be our QB moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:
Yeah wilson's OL could be the worst in the SEC while tennessee's is very good at pass blocking. Wilson gets demolished every game and played with a hip pointer last week. Hamilton is wilson's only good receiver since his TE gragg has been injured while bray has 3 good ones. I mean wilson has made some mistakes this year but lets face it he doesnt have a coach who knows what hes doing. Last year will hopefully be the wilson we'll see in the NFL. His floor IMO would be christian ponder with better arm strength...certainly a safer pick than someone like mallett was

Buffalo_Kid wrote:

Plus Wilson doesn't have the immaturity issues Bray has, and has better leadership skills. And it's not like he has a wimpy arm, i'll give Bray that, but Wilson is much more accurate and leads his team better. You may look at this year and see otherwise but it's not Wilson's fault that Arkansas had all the off season issues and transition.

Watch the two QB's when they are under pressure. One of the reasons Wilson has been beat up is that he doesn't tuck and run as often. Instead he stands in there and delivers the ball. Is this a sign of "ice in his veins"? I don't know for sure, but I'd say the chance is pretty good. I don't want to have anything to do with Bray. He's like a whiny Jr. high school kid with a man's arm. Can you say Ryan Leaf?!?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread on hogville.net about this guy who talked to a scout on a plane...apparently this is what he said

"They asked me if Tyler was really as good of a person as everyone says that he is, I assured them he was. They said the same thing your guy said, that his draft stock hasn't dropped one bit. His toughness and leadership during this season has been very impressive. They said they weren't going to be drafting a qb high, but that Buffalo probably was and that the Bills really wanted Tyler.

They told me that all of the scouts are watching him and they have not talked to any scouts (apparently they all talk to each other) that didn't want Tyler on their team. It depends on needs and position of draft picks"

kinda interesting i guess
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outsider here.

I have been thinking about the Bills and what I think about their relationship with Fitzpatrick moving forward.

I really believe the Bills need to hold off on drafting a quarterback in the first round. Fitzpatrick is more than a serviceable quarterback that is asked to do more than his talent, and the talent around him on offense demands. He's got a great running game but he's constantly asked to keep up with the points his defense has been allowing since he's been the starter. He's not that type of player. Truth be told, I don't see him being that much worse than Jay Cutler or Matt Schaub when you consider the talent of both teams on both sides of the ball.

I really believe the Bills are a legitimate number one receiver away from being in playoff contention year to year. As for the defense, I think it has more to do with the coaching than the talent on the team.

The Bills are very close to being a good team. I think staying the course with Fitzpatrick will eventually pay off in playoff contention within the next 2-3 years.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Outsider here.

I have been thinking about the Bills and what I think about their relationship with Fitzpatrick moving forward.

I really believe the Bills need to hold off on drafting a quarterback in the first round. Fitzpatrick is more than a serviceable quarterback that is asked to do more than his talent, and the talent around him on offense demands. He's got a great running game but he's constantly asked to keep up with the points his defense has been allowing since he's been the starter. He's not that type of player. Truth be told, I don't see him being that much worse than Jay Cutler or Matt Schaub when you consider the talent of both teams on both sides of the ball.

I really believe the Bills are a legitimate number one receiver away from being in playoff contention year to year. As for the defense, I think it has more to do with the coaching than the talent on the team.

The Bills are very close to being a good team. I think staying the course with Fitzpatrick will eventually pay off in playoff contention within the next 2-3 years.

Um have you heard of Stevie Johnson? The Bills would not all of a sudden become this amazing offence if they added another WR. The problem isn't the WR corps, its not having a QB that can consistently get them the ball - not to mention play calling has been horrendous at times.

If the Bills get a very good LB either OLB or MLB and then add another CB and their play calling gets better, then they will become a playoff contender year in and year out.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

Buffalo_Kid wrote:

Watch the two QB's when they are under pressure. One of the reasons Wilson has been beat up is that he doesn't tuck and run as often. Instead he stands in there and delivers the ball. Is this a sign of "ice in his veins"? I don't know for sure, but I'd say the chance is pretty good. I don't want to have anything to do with Bray. He's like a whiny Jr. high school kid with a man's arm. Can you say Ryan Leaf?!?

I'v said it like 3 times in this thread now. He just SCREAMS Ryan Leaf to me. Immature, great physical skills, but lacks the crucial "it" factor. Doesn't appear to be ready mentally to handle the hurdles and hardships of the pro game. Acts like an entitled child.

Not the kind of person, or player, i'd want on any team. Let alone my favorite team.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Outsider here.

Um have you heard of Stevie Johnson? The Bills would not all of a sudden become this amazing offence if they added another WR. The problem isn't the WR corps, its not having a QB that can consistently get them the ball - not to mention play calling has been horrendous at times.

If the Bills get a very good LB either OLB or MLB and then add another CB and their play calling gets better, then they will become a playoff contender year in and year out.

I guess it's a matter of having more questions as Stevie being a legitimate #1 or Fitzpatrick being able to lead the team to a playoff berth.

Yes, I think an elite QB would make the current flock of Bills receivers look very good. But there's usually no more than 3 elite QBs in the NFL at a time. Fitzpatrick, really, is in the level of a Rivers or Cutler when you look at the stats of the past few years.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzy couldn't sniff Rivers or Cutler... he's Anti-Clutch.

Ignore the bulk statistics (which aren't very good either) and just watch him during key situations when the game is on the line. He makes bad decisions and they always cost the team. I'm grateful for what he's done for the franchise and that unlike some of our QB's of the past decade, he never gives up and always gives his best. It's just that his best efforts aren't usually good enough.

He's a top flight Back-Up QB. He's not a starter.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a Peyton, Brady or Brees (Elite QB) our WR core would have quality numbers.. Chandler is better than what Broncos have atTE.

We need a quality QB and even if we run the table and squeek into WC spot I still believe we draft a QB in round 1 or 2
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are Bills fans thoughts on Vick as a starter for the next few years as they wait to develop a team around a rookie QB?

Im sure Chan Gailey is a fan and instead of a much lesser version of Vick in VY and Tarvaris Jackson, he could have #7 himself who has shown he is capable at playing at an MVP level as long as you don't give him the $100 million dollar deal Confused
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
What are Bills fans thoughts on Vick as a starter for the next few years as they wait to develop a team around a rookie QB?

Im sure Chan Gailey is a fan and instead of a much lesser version of Vick in VY and Tarvaris Jackson, he could have #7 himself who has shown he is capable at playing at an MVP level as long as you don't give him the $100 million dollar deal Confused

Depends on who the Bills brass want in.. If we draft someone I see Fitzpatrick and prospect battling out especially if he finishes strong. If we select Geno, Wilson or Barkley I see them starting, if we draft as project like Bray, Glennon, Dysert, or Manuel than we keep both around

Either or, I don't see a vet coming in unless Fitz bombs
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Manuel make many mistakes, I never thought I would say this before the season but Nassib might be our best option.

Also Landry Jones is playing well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
After watching Manuel make many mistakes, I never thought I would say this before the season but Nassib might be our best option.

Also Landry Jones is playing well.

i believe that the only QB out of this draft that will be solid-good is Tyler Wilson. I would not mind picking him in the first, or second.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: