Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nix: Bills will draft quarterback soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Still not sold on Murray at next level.. Likely a 3rd/4th round pick

If we snag a great tools guy in the later rounds who fell due to wishy washy concerns (ala Russel Wilson) I'd be ecstatic if we took a flyer on one.

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that if we MUST endure one more crappy year of Fitzy and Gailey, let it be next year so we can blow immeasurably then draft either Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater or Brett Smith.

Of course my dream scenario is getting Mike Vick and putting him behind our line instead of that Sieve the Eagles call a line, and letting him just go.

But it's a pipe dream, and I fully understand this. I know we'll probably not draft a QB in the first few rounds unless Wilson or god forbid Geno slips too us, so these tools guys in the later rounds, Dyserts and the Murrays and the Glennons, are who we'll have to roll with.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I'd be more than happy to spend a 3rd on him. Especially if we could get Te'o and an offensive playmaker in 1 and 2.

I have to wonder though, if he will stay for his Sr year, and possibly raise his stock for the next draft.

This is a QB driven league, no way he escapes the 2nd, if Brock Osweiler, Gabbert, and Tannehill can all be pushed and "taken before they should be" I promise you Murray is at least a 2nd if not 1st round pick.

Gabbert and Tanny were far better prospects based on size and attributes. I'm not sold yet, and hate the Russell Wilson comparison, Wilson is far more athletic.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
There's no QB worth taking where we're going to be picking in the First round, and I don't want to spend a pick on a QB unless it's a first round, really high rated prospect.

Cut Fitz (screw the money), and sign Vick and Chip Kelly.

I'm on that bandwagon now.

Our offense could be potentially amazing.

The only two are Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith in the first, if you are looking at other rounds, I say take Nassib or Dysert in the second, both have the bodies and arms to make it work in the winter months in Buffalo.

#JDI
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
There's no QB worth taking where we're going to be picking in the First round, and I don't want to spend a pick on a QB unless it's a first round, really high rated prospect.

The only two are Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith in the first, if you are looking at other rounds, I say take Nassib or Dysert in the second, both have the bodies and arms to make it work in the winter months in Buffalo.
Thoughts on EJ Manuel?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

Thoughts on EJ Manuel?

Said in preseason he was my "surprise" Buffalo pick in the first...inconsistent play but has the arm and smarts to pull off the Gailey system.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

Thoughts on EJ Manuel?

Said in preseason he was my "surprise" Buffalo pick in the first...inconsistent play but has the arm and smarts to pull off the Gailey system.

Gaileys system = Garbage..

I'm still hoping for Geno or Tyler Wilson and a new system !!
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

It is not garbage. It is actual innovative and genious. He just calls the wrong plays at the wrong time. If he called the correct plays in certain situations you would be surprised at how much improvement there is in his game plan.

But he calls screen passes at obvious times. It works a lot of the time but when it starts getting obvious then that becomes a problem. Point of a screen pass is to catch the defense off guard. He calls it way to much on 3rd and long or even when Fitz is struggling throwing the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

It is not garbage. It is actual innovative and genious. He just calls the wrong plays at the wrong time. If he called the correct plays in certain situations you would be surprised at how much improvement there is in his game plan.

But he calls screen passes at obvious times. It works a lot of the time but when it starts getting obvious then that becomes a problem. Point of a screen pass is to catch the defense off guard. He calls it way to much on 3rd and long or even when Fitz is struggling throwing the ball.

Bottom line were failing and its both sides of ball. I sure hope we don't finish 8-8 and keep him around.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I'd be more than happy to spend a 3rd on him. Especially if we could get Te'o and an offensive playmaker in 1 and 2.

I have to wonder though, if he will stay for his Sr year, and possibly raise his stock for the next draft.

This is a QB driven league, no way he escapes the 2nd, if Brock Osweiler, Gabbert, and Tannehill can all be pushed and "taken before they should be" I promise you Murray is at least a 2nd if not 1st round pick.

I agree with your theory in general, but coming off of a big QB draft, there are much fewer teams looking to draft a franchise QB..

Its supply and demand, and while supply seems to be down for QBs in this draft, demand is also very much down..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Bottom line were failing and its both sides of ball. I sure hope we don't finish 8-8 and keep him around.

Man we could lose out and it wont matter, Gailey aint going anywhere.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I agree with your theory in general, but coming off of a big QB draft, there are much fewer teams looking to draft a franchise QB..

Its supply and demand, and while supply seems to be down for QBs in this draft, demand is also very much down..

Thats valid. I think there could be surprise teams that take a QB however, heres my list of possible teams drafting a QB in the first to rounds..

KC
Jax
Buf
NYJ
Cle
SD
PHI
Dal
Ari

I'm not saying all these teams will take one early but its possible and if the value is there, it would be hard to ignore.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest Football's Future mock (11/28) has Geno Smith going to the Bills at #10.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
The latest Football's Future mock (11/2Cool has Geno Smith going to the Bills at #10.

No way the Cardinals pick after we do. They won't win another game the rest of the year. We will. Even if Geno falls like this, which could happen I guess, Cards would pounce all over him. Just have absolutely no faith whatsoever Geno falls to us. Nice dream though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
The latest Football's Future mock (11/2Cool has Geno Smith going to the Bills at #10.

No way the Cardinals pick after we do. They won't win another game the rest of the year. We will. Even if Geno falls like this, which could happen I guess, Cards would pounce all over him. Just have absolutely no faith whatsoever Geno falls to us. Nice dream though.

they could sign Vick right?
(I am dreaming too)

Adopt-A-Bills:
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we drafted Geno Smith I'd break down and I swear to god I'd cry like a child. Laughing

It's a nice pipe dream, it's NEVER going to happen, but it's a nice pipe dream. Tyler Wilson however.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: