Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brown, Sendlein, Snyder - Who's out in 2013?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Veteran, "Underperforming Olinemen won't be back in 2013"
Adam Snyder
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Levi Brown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lyle Sendlein
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
All of the above
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
None of the above
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Brown, Sendlein, Snyder - Who's out in 2013? Reply with quote

I continually read articles and postings regarding massive overhaul to the offensive line. In reality, unless Grimm and or Ken are fired, the line will stay intact for the most part as of the 2013 season.

Why?

Because Levi Brown, Lyle Sendlein and Adam Snyder are all under contract past this year and even next.

Do you honestly think this hard-headed front office will completely blow up this unit in one offseason?

I don't. In reality, Ken and Company will probably try to spin Brown as the savor missing from a year ago. The missing link, if you will.

In reality we're stuck with at least most of these guys (and I won't include the rookies and Colledge because of their current status) for the immediate future.

So if you had to guess which guy gets the axe, if any, who will it be?

Adam Snyder is probably the worst guard in football, but that didn't stop us from signing him to a FIVE YEAR DEAL.

Lyle Sendlein was once an up and comer for this unit. Now? He's a below average center and is regressing at an alarming pace.

Levi Brown was at his best the last time we saw him. Too bad that was back in January of 2012 against Seattle. But he just reupt before his season ending surgery in the preseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Brown, Sendlein, Snyder - Who's out in 2013? Reply with quote

This whole post is hard to read, no offense. Most of it's either way off the handle or just painted inaccurately.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7209
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown can be cut with no cost to the team at the end of the season. I believe that is the same situation with Snyder. Brown will most likely be back because this team has no alternatives at left tackle and this team is not going to find one in free agency or the draft (unless it's Joeckel) but I see Snyder getting the boot. I think Sendlein gets another chance because, again, we have no alternatives. I could see someone like Barrett Jones taking his starting job, but assuming we go in a different direction with our first round pick, Sendlein will be safe.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50729
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - The Snyder deal is not one that will not allow us to keep him as a backup. He would be an expensive backup, but it is not prohibitive.

We can also come out with a net zero effect against the cap next season if we cut him at the end of this.

2 - Lyle's salary takes a jump after this season, but lets not be quick to judge this guy. He has played with crap at guard for most of his career, and it only got worse this season. He may not be great, but remember he was the C on this team with an OL good enough to produce a top 5 scoring offense on a Superbowl team. Lyle is not the issue.

3 - Levi is a player that polarizes. But nobody can disagree that this team, right now, would be far better off with Levi healthy. He is a mauler in the running game and him not being there this season has essentially killed ours. If he can maintain the level of play he produced down the final 8 weeks of last season the contract we gave him was a downright steal.

It is tough to get out of this deal (Cut/Trade) but I honestly don't mind. Levi can be a part of an above average NFL line that will be more than enough to make this team far better offensively.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50729
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Brown can be cut with no cost to the team at the end of the season.


After this season Snyder needs to accelerate $4M of signing bonus onto the cap. His cap hit next season was slated to be $4M anyway basically means if we cut him we make no cap loss or gain, we gain real money (no salary to be paid) only "loss" we make is not having Snyder.

Levi is would have to accelerate $5.6M of signing bonus onto the 2013 cap if we cut him after this season, With his annual Signing Bonus cap hit if $1.4M and his $4M salary due in 2013 it is about the same situation. I would rather keep Levi though.

Basically we cut those two we take a 200k net loss on the cap (Plus replacement players) but we make a pretty big real money saving.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
Brown can be cut with no cost to the team at the end of the season.


After this season Snyder needs to accelerate $4M of signing bonus onto the cap. His cap hit next season was slated to be $4M anyway basically means if we cut him we make no cap loss or gain, we gain real money (no salary to be paid) only "loss" we make is not having Snyder.

Levi is would have to accelerate $5.6M of signing bonus onto the 2013 cap if we cut him after this season, With his annual Signing Bonus cap hit if $1.4M and his $4M salary due in 2013 it is about the same situation. I would rather keep Levi though.

Basically we cut those two we take a 200k net loss on the cap (Plus replacement players) but we make a pretty big real money saving.


Another spot on post.

What we signed Adam Snyder to year wise means NOTHING. Years and terms of contracts are, 95% of time, nothing but a charade. The only thing we need to care about is how much did we give them up front and how much of their deal is guaranteed. The rest is just bologna.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
1 - The Snyder deal is not one that will not allow us to keep him as a backup. He would be an expensive backup, but it is not prohibitive.

We can also come out with a net zero effect against the cap next season if we cut him at the end of this.

2 - Lyle's salary takes a jump after this season, but lets not be quick to judge this guy. He has played with crap at guard for most of his career, and it only got worse this season. He may not be great, but remember he was the C on this team with an OL good enough to produce a top 5 scoring offense on a Superbowl team. Lyle is not the issue.

3 - Levi is a player that polarizes. But nobody can disagree that this team, right now, would be far better off with Levi healthy. He is a mauler in the running game and him not being there this season has essentially killed ours. If he can maintain the level of play he produced down the final 8 weeks of last season the contract we gave him was a downright steal.

It is tough to get out of this deal (Cut/Trade) but I honestly don't mind. Levi can be a part of an above average NFL line that will be more than enough to make this team far better offensively.


So you can't envision them keeping Snyder as a high priced backup?

Look at Stewart Bradley.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus wasn't it spun at the time that Snyder can player either OT or OG and him starting wasn't for certain?

That's how Urban spun it. All I heard outta him for two months was "Let's just wait and see how everything unfolds."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
1 - The Snyder deal is not one that will not allow us to keep him as a backup. He would be an expensive backup, but it is not prohibitive.

We can also come out with a net zero effect against the cap next season if we cut him at the end of this.

2 - Lyle's salary takes a jump after this season, but lets not be quick to judge this guy. He has played with crap at guard for most of his career, and it only got worse this season. He may not be great, but remember he was the C on this team with an OL good enough to produce a top 5 scoring offense on a Superbowl team. Lyle is not the issue.

3 - Levi is a player that polarizes. But nobody can disagree that this team, right now, would be far better off with Levi healthy. He is a mauler in the running game and him not being there this season has essentially killed ours. If he can maintain the level of play he produced down the final 8 weeks of last season the contract we gave him was a downright steal.

It is tough to get out of this deal (Cut/Trade) but I honestly don't mind. Levi can be a part of an above average NFL line that will be more than enough to make this team far better offensively.


So you can't envision them keeping Snyder as a high priced backup?

Look at Stewart Bradley.


Ya, Stewart Bradley's only making 2.5 million dollars. And none of that is guaranteed. So...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50729
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
khodder wrote:
1 - The Snyder deal is not one that will not allow us to keep him as a backup. He would be an expensive backup, but it is not prohibitive.

We can also come out with a net zero effect against the cap next season if we cut him at the end of this.

2 - Lyle's salary takes a jump after this season, but lets not be quick to judge this guy. He has played with crap at guard for most of his career, and it only got worse this season. He may not be great, but remember he was the C on this team with an OL good enough to produce a top 5 scoring offense on a Superbowl team. Lyle is not the issue.

3 - Levi is a player that polarizes. But nobody can disagree that this team, right now, would be far better off with Levi healthy. He is a mauler in the running game and him not being there this season has essentially killed ours. If he can maintain the level of play he produced down the final 8 weeks of last season the contract we gave him was a downright steal.

It is tough to get out of this deal (Cut/Trade) but I honestly don't mind. Levi can be a part of an above average NFL line that will be more than enough to make this team far better offensively.


So you can't envision them keeping Snyder as a high priced backup?

Look at Stewart Bradley.


Double negative. We could keep him as a backup if we wanted to. It would not be prohibitive. I basically added not in twice to confuse the message.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say the same thing I said a month or two ago. Expecting a complete turnover of this line, 3-4-5 new starters, in just 1 offseason is simply unrealistic. Nobody does that in this day and age and for good reason. The hope here is 1 new starter and while he's certainly no savior, getting Levi back healthy and playing like he did late-2011. If we can get a legitimately good RG and Levi back, this whole thing changes in 2013.

1. Batiste-Colledge-Lyle-Synder/Ohrnberger-Massie
2. Levi-Colledge-Lyle-Legitimately Good Somebody-Massie

#2 isn't the greatest line ever, it's probably not even truly good but it's night and freakin day from #1. That's a start.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12155
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Massie has a complete transformation between now and next season I don't want him starting but I'm okay with him as a backup. A lot of changes on the OL will depend on whether Kolb is kept or released. If he's cut we can go out and sign a great player like Vollmer or Albert. Keep Levi and build our interior line on days 1 & 2 of the draft. Snyder & Massie are goners. They're basically the worst two players at their positions. I guess another option is re-structuring Kolb's deal and cutting Bradley. We can create cap space that way too... I think there will be at least 3 different starters on the OL from this year to next.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3118
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Snyder the only one I see going and unless Potter does something out of this world Levi will be back and starting at LT.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Unless Massie has a complete transformation between now and next season I don't want him starting but I'm okay with him as a backup. A lot of changes on the OL will depend on whether Kolb is kept or released. If he's cut we can go out and sign a great player like Vollmer or Albert. Keep Levi and build our interior line on days 1 & 2 of the draft. Snyder & Massie are goners. They're basically the worst two players at their positions. I guess another option is re-structuring Kolb's deal and cutting Bradley. We can create cap space that way too... I think there will be at least 3 different starters on the OL from this year to next.


AT LEAST three? That's a bet I'd take, even with Levi counting the other way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12155
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Unless Massie has a complete transformation between now and next season I don't want him starting but I'm okay with him as a backup. A lot of changes on the OL will depend on whether Kolb is kept or released. If he's cut we can go out and sign a great player like Vollmer or Albert. Keep Levi and build our interior line on days 1 & 2 of the draft. Snyder & Massie are goners. They're basically the worst two players at their positions. I guess another option is re-structuring Kolb's deal and cutting Bradley. We can create cap space that way too... I think there will be at least 3 different starters on the OL from this year to next.


AT LEAST three? That's a bet I'd take, even with Levi counting the other way.


I'm counting Levi as new. The only safe one is Colledge...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group