Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should have pulled the trigger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
Talib is more loyal to the trees than his own career.

David Amerson will right this secondary's wrongs.
Just wait.
thats true. He will probably be available for us in round 2. He's had a down year, as as Eric Reid who were both thought to be top 15 picks before the season. Now, they may be there for us in round 2. I still have a feeling both players show enough in all the activities after the college football season to be 1st round picks though. I can't imagine a team like the steelers passing on either guy if they are there when they select. They have the same defensive problems we do.

Amerson has been horrible this year.......hes a tweener and will prolly play safety in the NFL...Elam or Jefferson in the second unless we can get Byrd in FA then I would take the best corner on the board!

There is no point in debating the reason I wanted Talib because he a Patriot now. So I will leave that one alone.
well then make him a safety Laughing we need those also!

Anyways, from what I read Amerson hasn't been that bad, he just hasn't lived up to his lofty expectations from last year. A lot of it has to do with technique and letting Wrs go to his safeties too soon and then the safety can't make the play.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=104848&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

He is tied for 5th nationally with 4 ints. He's returned one for a td but it was called back because his temmate blocked a guy in the back. so he would have 5 ints and one returned for a td if it want for tht penalty. from what I read they've mostly picked on the other DBs, not him, so it's why he doesn't have as many ints.

Quote:
11/01/12 - ACC: NFL DRAFT PROSPECT WATCH - WEEK 9: 2. CB David Amerson, 6-3, 194, NC State: Why he has the second spot: Amerson had six tackles and a pass defensed in NC State's 43-35 loss at North Carolina. The Wolfpack's pass defense gave up 358 passing yards to the Tar Heels but just one passing touchdown. Amerson is tied for fifth nationally with four interceptions. Season stats (eight games): 36 tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss, 4 interceptions. Player ranking: Amerson is No. 41 overall and is the fourth-highest cornerback in CBSSports.com's latest player rankings.

10/23/12 - ACC: NFL DRAFT PROSPECT WATCH -- WEEK 8: 2. CB David Amerson, 6-3, 194, NC State: Why he has the second spot: Amerson had six tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss, and an interception in the Wolfpack's 20-18 win at Maryland on Saturday. Many perceive Amerson as having a down year -- which he is compared to preseason expectations -- but he is still tied for fourth nationally with four interceptions on the season. He returned his interception for a touchdown Saturday, but it was called back for an illegal block in the back. Season stats (seven games): 30 tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss, 4 interceptions. Player ranking: Amerson is No. 43 overall and is the fourth-highest cornerback in CBSSports.com's latest player rankings.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're already short on draft picks enough. I'm glad we didn't trade for Talib.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 60 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 10 catches, 47 yards... and a fumble
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
Talib is more loyal to the trees than his own career.

David Amerson will right this secondary's wrongs.
Just wait.
thats true. He will probably be available for us in round 2. He's had a down year, as as Eric Reid who were both thought to be top 15 picks before the season. Now, they may be there for us in round 2. I still have a feeling both players show enough in all the activities after the college football season to be 1st round picks though. I can't imagine a team like the steelers passing on either guy if they are there when they select. They have the same defensive problems we do.

Amerson has been horrible this year.......hes a tweener and will prolly play safety in the NFL...Elam or Jefferson in the second unless we can get Byrd in FA then I would take the best corner on the board!

There is no point in debating the reason I wanted Talib because he a Patriot now. So I will leave that one alone.

Elam and Lester are both SS's while Byrd plays FS. So if we get Byrd, then forget about Jefferson. Look for Lester or Elam if that is the case. Jefferson is playing FS.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Amerson's height and weight. If he can cover then I dont care what position he plays.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
markrc99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got several points here...

I can't say for sure but I think the Redskins aren't getting the conditional draft pick from Detroit for Kevin Barnes. Raheem Morris is going to be somebody's DC next year, so he won't be in Washington unless something happens. This past summer there were reports that the Redskins were interested in Aqib Talib, but I want to say that the outcome of his circumstance was uncertain then. He's been in some situations, most of which are nothing. He's not a drug abuser. I have one scouting report from '08 & there was no mention of off-field issues when he came in. If there were, it would've been less likely that he'd of gone in the 1st RD of the draft. Excellent measurables, I think the Patriots got a good player. But this move for them might be about what he can do for them right now. They're likely to be in the postseason tournament, where Washington isn't apt to be.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-11-01/aqib-talib-trade-deadline-patriots-buccaneers-cornerback-sb

Quote:
The New England Patriots acquired troubled cornerback Aqib Talib from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just before Thursday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline.
Quote:
The Patriots sent a fourth-round pick to the Bucs for Talib and a seventh-round selection.

A first-round pick of Tampa Bay in 2008, Talib is in the midst of serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. The league suspended him Oct. 13 after he tested positive for Adderall, a drug he admitted he took at the start of training camp.

The Patriots have changed their philosophy of stockpiling picks. They are now down their fourth-round pick in the 2013 NFL draft for Talib, plus their fifth-round pick, which we received for Albert Haynesworth, and their sixth-round pick, which the Bengals received for Chad Ochocinco.[/quote] I don't really think we made a mistake on passing on Talib, Marcus left out details.

The Patriots can only hope the Talib trade works out better than the Haynesworth and Ochocinco trades.

Oh and the trade was actually what's highlighted.

Bucs get 4th
Pats get Talib and 7th

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markrc99 wrote:
I've got several points here...

I can't say for sure but I think the Redskins aren't getting the conditional draft pick from Detroit for Kevin Barnes. Raheem Morris is going to be somebody's DC next year, so he won't be in Washington unless something happens. This past summer there were reports that the Redskins were interested in Aqib Talib, but I want to say that the outcome of his circumstance was uncertain then. He's been in some situations, most of which are nothing. He's not a drug abuser. I have one scouting report from '08 & there was no mention of off-field issues when he came in. If there were, it would've been less likely that he'd of gone in the 1st RD of the draft. Excellent measurables, I think the Patriots got a good player. But this move for them might be about what he can do for them right now. They're likely to be in the postseason tournament, where Washington isn't apt to be.
redskins should re-sign Barnes. He can't be worse than C Griffin and David Jones. He was also still developing, only 26 years old.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2012/9/20/3361636/kevin-barnes-trade-lions

Quote:
League source tells me that the Lions don't lose that conditional late-round draft pick by releasing Kevin Barnes.

— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 18, 2012

bowilson11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm tired of the Redksins picking up other team's trash. Let's continue to build our team the right way (through the draft and acquiring young FA's). We all want to make the playoffs and play in the SuperBowl, but let's be realisitic here. Building a solid foundation takes time. Yes, we have a franchise QB, but that's not enough to take us to the promise land. The biggest obstacle we are facing is the 36 million dollar cap hit. Next year we will take the rest (18 million) of the hit so we have to use the draft to get what we need to help this team win. So, why would we trade picks for a problem child? The 2013 draft is loaded with secondary players and I feel we can get a couple of them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We have to dropped that quick fix attitude and stay the course on building a team that will be competetive for years to come. We are headed in the right direction, but these things do take time.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
Personally, I'm tired of the Redksins picking up other team's trash. Let's continue to build our team the right way (through the draft and acquiring young FA's). We all want to make the playoffs and play in the SuperBowl, but let's be realisitic here. Building a solid foundation takes time. Yes, we have a franchise QB, but that's not enough to take us to the promise land. The biggest obstacle we are facing is the 36 million dollar cap hit. Next year we will take the rest (18 million) of the hit so we have to use the draft to get what we need to help this team win. So, why would we trade picks for a problem child? The 2013 draft is loaded with secondary players and I feel we can get a couple of them in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We have to dropped that quick fix attitude and stay the course on building a team that will be competetive for years to come. We are headed in the right direction, but these things do take time.
amen brother. Even with the cap hit next year, I think we will still have 20+ million to work with to sign free agents. I think 2013 is our year to make some noise in the nfce and challenge to make the playoffs. Garçon, Helu, Carriker and Orakpo all should be back next year and healthy. We may re-sign Fred Davis if he stays out of trouble with his time off right now. We should be able to upgrade our secondary and the rt position in the offseason. I think 2013 could be special, I think we are on the brink of Greatness and we don't need troublemakers like Talib messin with our flow.

Ya feel me? Laughing Wink

bowilson11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
amen brother. Even with the cap hit next year, I think we will still have 20+ million to work with to sign free agents. I think 2013 is our year to make some noise in the nfce and challenge to make the playoffs. Garçon, Helu, Carriker and Orakpo all should be back next year and healthy. We may re-sign Fred Davis if he stays out of trouble with his time off right now. We should be able to upgrade our secondary and the rt position in the offseason. I think 2013 could be special, I think we are on the brink of Greatness and we don't need troublemakers like Talib messin with our flow.

Ya feel me? Laughing Wink
Yes Sir, I'm feeling you Turtle. All I want for my Redskins is to build a team that will compete every year. We've tried the other ways and it got us nothing but heartbreak. We will be fine if we continue on the path that we are on for the next two years. And with the injured players returning, I agree we can be a factor in the NFCE again.
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
New England got Aquib Talib and a 7th for a 4th round pick.....We should maid that move! I realize he is suspended, but he would be activated right after our bye week. He would have been a HUGE upgrade to our secondary, and we prolly could have signed him for an extension for cheap! This move would have turned our 4th round pick to a starter. We are so limited in picks we cant afford to miss on any!!! I realize its a done deal now, but I really wish we would have pulled the trigger and took a chance!!!!! Thoughts?

i agree because you more than likely could've traded down and recouped that 4th rounder.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
New England got Aquib Talib and a 7th for a 4th round pick.....We should maid that move! I realize he is suspended, but he would be activated right after our bye week. He would have been a HUGE upgrade to our secondary, and we prolly could have signed him for an extension for cheap! This move would have turned our 4th round pick to a starter. We are so limited in picks we cant afford to miss on any!!! I realize its a done deal now, but I really wish we would have pulled the trigger and took a chance!!!!! Thoughts?

i agree because you more than likely could've traded down and recouped that 4th rounder.
yeah and more than likely he'll do something stupid in the offseason which might lead to him getting cut and us losing a draft pick. He's not worth the risk. We should just draft a qb or 2 in the draft

Dro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

yeah and more than likely he'll do something stupid in the offseason which might lead to him getting cut and us losing a draft pick. He's not worth the risk. We should just draft a qb or 2 in the draft

if he does then whats the loss? you recouped the pick you lost and gave yourself a chance to get a high reward player.. at some point you have to sit down and give guys a 2nd chance.. you can't always peg them as people who made mistakes and dont change...
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

if he does then whats the loss? you recouped the pick you lost and gave yourself a chance to get a high reward player.. at some point you have to sit down and give guys a 2nd chance.. you can't always peg them as people who made mistakes and dont change...
what would we lose?

A draft pick and our 3rd highest pick in the draft. That's what we lose.

Dro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Should have pulled the trigger Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dro wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

what would we lose?

A draft pick and our 3rd highest pick in the draft. That's what we lose.

obviously you didn't see where i said we could move down in the 2nd.. we are slated to be sitting in the 6th spot in the 2nd round.. the way bruce and mike have worked the draft i wouldnt see how we wouldnt get that pick back.. obviously that is what the patriots will do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: